Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dev log 3 - Time travelling virtual pups

The following was posted in discord a few hours ago

So here's the situation.
TLDR, it's a cat-tastrophe. :'(

I couple hours ago I installed a monitoring tool. It seemed to be stable and well known, so I didn't expect anything bad to come of it.

During the installation process, it deleted the database.

And so I started the joyous process of restoring a backup. But the automated backups were like "Jokes on you, these backups are invalid. #YOLO!"

When I first came here I decided to play it safe and take a manual backup of the entire site (database, code, everything). It works... and it's from April 8th.

What this means is that all the work everyone has done for the last month is gone forever. Every dog, every training, everything. Lost into the void. I still have a paypal record of all the sponsorships, so I think I can manually add those back.

I feel like throwing up.

I just wanted to let you know what's going on, and hopefully together we can figure out how to move forward.

How can I make this up to you?

What now?

I wasn't expecting so much understanding and support from the community on discord. You guys are so awesome!

The site has been restored to it's state a month ago. A time before dev logs 1 and 2. A time before mutants overrunning the site, and a time when ghosts were still hiding. We've messed with the time line. Hopefully this time will be even better

I've already restored most (or all?) of the code fixes I've made, and manually re-added stuff that people have paid for.

There's a million things for me to try to keep track of, so I'm relying on you to remind me when I miss something.

If you paid for anything in the last month

If you have a pro kennel, you should be able to click "change specialty" (ignore the blue button).
If it gives you an error that the kennel isn't pro, let me know personally and I can fix it for you

If I promised you some extra imports because of a bug, let me know and I can add that.

If there were any other fixes or changes you remember me doing which aren't working now, let me know.