Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The future of virtualpups

Hi everyone, I'm Aaron, and I just bought virtualpups. As I mentioned in the announcement, I plan on remaking this game. Based on the feedback so far, it seems clear I need to make it as close as possible to the original version... with a focus on community, and simplicity. As for the details, I'm still figuring that out. If you have an opinion, I would love to hear it! You can also email me at support@virtualpups.com

Comments

• Hi Aaron, will you be keeping the database structure? I know a lot of us are worried about loosing money, fame, dogs, sponsors ect that we had previously worked really hard for. I know for myself, I own a few personal breeds and would absolutely hate to loose them, on top of that I have a lifetime sponsor and would love to be able to keep that.
    forum_by_behold_the_survivor-d65hr8n.jpg
    Staircase from Malleni Stock at DeviantArt
  • Heya Dark Flame. That's a great question, and I think backward compatibility is important. At the same time, I'm not sure if things can stay exactly the same. More like certain things will have a rough equivalent, and it'll calculate the difference. For example you won't lose a dog, but it's stats might get adjusted. Relative to all other dogs, it should stay exactly the same because they'll all change by the same amount. A top dog now will be a top dog in the next version. The lowest dog now will be the lowest dog in the next version. Does that sound acceptable?
  • Ok everyone, I gotta go to work. I'll be back here tonight!
  • That sounds perfectly acceptable :) The dog stats all changed with this version anyway which wasn't a problem.
    forum_by_behold_the_survivor-d65hr8n.jpg
    Staircase from Malleni Stock at DeviantArt