Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anybody out there?

So, the regular forums seem pretty dead honestly, but this has more recent posts, so I figured I'd stop here to say hi, try to meet some people, and see if the game is active enough to be worth sticking around for.  :)

Comments

• I'm not sure if we've met on here before or not but I use to play all the time. Now I'm not on near as much but am trying to get back in the game. I figure VP won't ever improve if no one is playing and sending in reports and requests. I don't have net at home any more so I'm only playing a day or two a week and sometimes get a chance to pop on and check msg and what not. Feel free to send me a msg if you want to chat or have questions :)
  • Your username seems familiar, so perhaps we have met, though I'm not really sure either.  I like your way of thinking though, maybe if we can get the site active enough and start inviting others to join it'll get a bit better.  It does seem a bit like a ghost town out here though.  

Good luck getting back into the game, I can certainly understand the difficulties with your internet though.  I'm so busy with work I hope I'll have time to stay active.  :)
  • Hey there. I am also drifting around the site, so you are no alone on here! I come on almost everyday to check messages and enter events. Not sure if we ever met, but I am on daily if you get bored. There are quite a few people who log on every once in a while to see if the site has made any improvements, but for the most part VP is a bit of a ghost town right now. Hope you stick around for a while! We need as many active people as we can get to revive VP! :D
    Shadow%20Cry%20Kennel%203_zpsgcjpjc0n.jpg
  • We should really organize some sort of membership drive or something.  This place used to be pretty lively but still small enough to be tight-knit.  Maybe some type of referral system, or a newbie help program or something to get new blood into the game.  I think if all of us banded together we might could do something. :D
  • I agree we definitely need something to get new blood into the game. I wish the game was advertised more, that would get many more people. And, if there were a few more game like aspects to it. It's so boring now with nobody on and nothing to do. So why would newbies want to join? Hopefully something can be done to make VP as fun as it used to be!
    Shadow%20Cry%20Kennel%203_zpsgcjpjc0n.jpg
  • Your username seems familiar, so perhaps we have met, though I'm not really sure either.  I like your way of thinking though, maybe if we can get the site active enough and start inviting others to join it'll get a bit better.  It does seem a bit like a ghost town out here though.  

Good luck getting back into the game, I can certainly understand the difficulties with your internet though.  I'm so busy with work I hope I'll have time to stay active.  :)

I use to go by Paranormal Wolf but I shortened it a little. VP was slow and a bit of a ghost town before the switch to the new version but it's been even more so since. This is the most action I've seen on VP in a while. I really want to start playing more but as of right now have to wait till I'm out and not busy with my online classes. I'm thinking about geting net at the house again but I live in a rural area and there aren't a lot of options. 
  • Ahhhh, till training is fixed nd back to taking 10mins a dog I'm on coming on once in a blue moon, not enjoying it taking almost an hr due to speed loading of these pages like really I found the old game faster, even with its slow lagging times.
    flyacdbanner.jpg
    656 Gifties
  • edited April 2016 98.67.187.129
    Hmmm. Maybe one I relearn the game a bit I'll post trying to get members from other pet sites that allow that sort of thing.  Who knows, maybe by offering eventing dogs/trainings and mentorship to newbies we could get a few to stick around.  Expecially if we were able to at least get the forums going again, and started building the community back up.  I dunno, just my random musings I suppose.  

On other topics, what are you studying Para?  

I haven't tried training any dogs yet for more than a few turns since I only just now got my training skill up to 100.  I might do some work on a cheap rescue dog to see just how difficult it's become.  I (so far) haven't encountered too much unreasonably slow loading.

Edit: so... I did just a basic skill/stat max without running aggression or loyalty all the way up and it took about 30 minutes.  Not too bad. Also it seems a lot harder to over train dogs to the point of exhaustion with this new system, though that kinda takes away some of the challenge.
  • edited April 2016 122.62.244.169

-deleted-

flyacdbanner.jpg
    656 Gifties
  • Hmmm.  It doesn't seem too unreasonable to me, but then again it was soooooooooooo long ago that I was on here my perception of how long it took to train a dog could be kinda off.  I used the old tried and true 3 tab method, and it didn't seem too terribly choppy or laggy as I've heard some complain about.  But like I said, I have nothing to compare it to, so I can definitely see how it would be frustrating for y'all who are used to it being a little quicker.  
  • On other topics, what are you studying Para?  

I'm studying for a bachelor's degree in psychology and taking sociology electives. Depending on finances I'd like to go on for a master's degree in special education.

I haven't tried training any dogs yet for more than a few turns since I only just now got my training skill up to 100.  I might do some work on a cheap rescue dog to see just how difficult it's become.  I (so far) haven't encountered too much unreasonably slow loading.

Edit: so... I did just a basic skill/stat max without running aggression or loyalty all the way up and it took about 30 minutes.  Not too bad. Also it seems a lot harder to over train dogs to the point of exhaustion with this new system, though that kinda takes away some of the challenge.
    It takes me a lot longer than before to train dogs. With the old version I could knock out a basic skill and stat max in 5-10mins. I've not timed myself on the new version but I know it takes longer than this. For me the pages don't reload as fast as before and what hinders me the most is that instead of being able to just hit the f5 key to refresh a page I now have to hit ctrl + f5. This means that I have to move my hands from their normal training position which slows down training. I can't get into a good rhythm/pace. However I'm not so sure this is due to VP as I tried to look up a refresh shortcut for various browsers and they all said ctrl f5 or ctrl r. A one key refresh would work wonders for the speed.
  • Ooooh!  Exciting!  I was a psychology major for a month when I was in college.  lol.  Hopefully you'll have better luck sticking with it than I did.  And I hope you're able to do graduate school.   :)

That's really weird that you can't just hit f5... My laptop is letting me do it just fine, but it's a pretty new, so maybe that's why? Hmm....  :/
  • I've always loved psychology, even in high school so I find most my classes highly interesting. This is my second semester as a Psy major and I have, I believe, two semesters left.

What opperatting system do you use? I bought my laptop last fall. It's a go 15 and runs on windows 10. If I hit f5 alone OT does nothing but ctrl + f5 refreshes.
  • I use Windows 10 as well, though mine is an HP, so maybe it's just the way the different manufacturers set up their laptops.  My old laptop, which was a windows 8 Toshiba used to have that issue where any of the f1-f12 keys did nothing unless you pressed the fn key at the same time, so I thought maybe it was an OS thing.
  • Mine is an HP too, I see that above my auto correct on my cell changed it to go 15 instead of HP 15 haha. I'm not sure what the deal is but if I could go back to using one key to refresh that would help a lot.
  • I get on every now and again but until training is as fun as it used to be I will never come fully back. I mainly log in to keep my dyes from being taken. I miss it though and hey I know Para and Fly I believe. :D Hey yall!
    vq5cvp.png

dragonbar_572073.png
  • Hey everyone, kust poped in to check things out :( sad to see it's still a ghost town but seeing this and the point Para made i think i'll dedicate one day a week to train a dog or a few to get back into the game since i miss the community we had. I remember when the aucton section was booming all the time and how busy it was for trainers like myself.

So I hope I see a few of you whenever i log in weekley, who know maybe this will make me log in more :P