Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giving VP a Second Chance.

Hey, everyone Shadow here You probably remember me lurking around the old game and and just a bit on the new game.

I've been brooding a lot about the vp of olden days lately and frankly been missing it quite a bit. Yes I was full out brooding about an online game, don't judge! Lol XD Anyways... I Finally came to the conclusion that even though this VP is not as good as our old favorite it's still better than nothing. So I will be on at least once a day running events and organizing my kennels. I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things and figure out how to best tackle this new version. I would love to know if anyone else is on and maybe see the VP community build up again a bit. There have been a few familiar faces that I've seen pop up here and there, but the game still seems to be mostly dead. I was mostly a loner when I used to play so I dont personally know a lot of you, but l would would love to get to know more people and hopefully see a revival of VP and see more people who log on daily. And, not just to check and see if VP is back to it's old version... Haha I am hopeful that we can all still have fun on VP, cause let's face it the funnest part of VP was the competitive spirit and sense of community. And that seems to be what is missing the most in this New version. The game's still here, but the people aren't. That's just my opinion on it all.

Hope to see you all around. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts, ideas, or feelings on this subject and look forward to seeing if anyone else will give VP a second chance.
Shadow%20Cry%20Kennel%203_zpsgcjpjc0n.jpg

Comments

• I'm also recently been debating what to do about VP and decided I do want to come back but it's always about not having enough time in RL to do the stuff I need to do and it leaves me no time to play much. With that said I do plan to log in more to first organise my kennels before being active again in training dogs and continuing my lines,

I also hope to see VP come back to life.
  • That's great. I hope to see you around :)
  • Hey there! I remember you from eventing mostly. This is BobCat. Glad to see you're sticking around. I think I'm in the same boat as you. I was debating whether or not I should open back up my graphics and keep hoarding my VPC. Also, I'm thinking about getting back into showing again. 
    8ij_zpsf96d26ec.png
  • You should definitely open up your graphics there definitely aren't enough open services out there. I opened up my Sp. Breeding in case anyone needs it. And yes I saw your dogs back in the events the deftly beat all of my dogs haha. Hope you stick around. Glad to have you back.
  • Thanks Shadow! (: Glad to be back.
    8ij_zpsf96d26ec.png
  • edited December 2015 192.92.211.124
    It's the bugs that are killing me. I loved the game for years under a different alias but recently started back up from scratch in October. Shadow you are all TOO familiar with the training bugs we are coming across! It's frustrating, even when tickets are submitted. Trying to push through but the bugs are making things rather complicated to just complete simple tasks like training for others. 

Had/having massive issues with not being able to return dogs when turns are set at an extreme amount (so that you don't run out of turns while training of course) but the training is completed and just tonight I accepted a contract that was set for 1 day and 144 turns but as soon as I took one turn it expired and returned the dog as the contract was set two days ago but never accepted. I only have my contracts set for one day because it only takes about 30 minutes max to fully train/stat max and due to not being able to return ahead of time I don't want to have someone's dog for a long period of time when it's trained and then just stuck in limbo not able to do anything with my own dogs I need to train on the side. Not to mention it bites when my customers have plans with their dogs once they are trained obviously and I end up with them for multiple RL days. 

So word to the wise... Be careful with contracts. 

And has anyone figured out how to link their accounts now? I have three kennels and I would LOVE to use the transfer feature as opposed to making a contract for every single dog I have to move to my holding/breeding kennel and vise versa when I am trying to clear out a kennel to either breed or train. I've tried changing the email in the profile selection all to one email, doesn't work. I went through all the profile/account settings and I am unable to find the trick to it now. It used to be so easy to link accounts but maybe I'm just missing something. If you have any tips fellow VPers please let me know. 

I apologize for the long rant, I'm just sitting here about to smash my laptop. Grr.

Still it's good to see things starting to pop off a little bit again, even if it is still rather slow. 
     llaabb_zps935cnysi.png
  • We would like to get any remaining bugs cleared up - currently there are 5 bugs outstanding, and none of them are related to contracts. It would be great if you can use the report a bug link ( http://www.virtualpups.com/index.php?r=Help/support ) to submit more details about this bug so we can get it fixed ASAP.

Re: Linking accounts, there is no need to link accounts in the game anymore. Instead, you have your account (what you use to login to the game), and you have multiple kennels. You can then move dogs between kennels in the same account using the transfer feature. . If you currently have more than one account (i.e. more than one email login) and you want to "merge" that account so that all kennels appear under the same login just send us a support ticket and we can do that for you. 
  • Awesome! I submitted a ticket a few months back in regards to contracts but I will make some new tickets and send them your way!
     llaabb_zps935cnysi.png
  • Aristotle, as you know I have had the same contract issues. *Sigh* The frustration! Lol But hopefully the worse of the bugs will be worked out soon and we'll have VP working like a well oiled machine again :) We'll see.
  • I can't wait for more bugs to be fixed. I think if training can have the repeat training option back on I can go back to training dogs... If that changes before the trials for breeding I would join in.
  • Ive recently upgraded my kennel and decided to give the new vp another shot! im happy to see a few familiar names still around. Glad your giving it a second chance frost!