Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Golden Retriever Line...

So I've been working on Retrievers since way back when I played before. But now that I'm back I decided to really go at it and I made a huge line of Goldens, bought 200 imports etc. <br>But, I'm 6 generations in and hyper is 97-98.7 and I CAN'T for the life of me, get it above that! I've done about 20 breedings and the hyper won't go up! <br>I'm training all males 11.5 year groom with agro capped, and females 11 year aggro cap. I don't know what else to do! The hyper just refuses to cooperate!

Comments

• I'm really starting to question if it can actually be done!!
  • <span style="color:#400080"><span style="font-style:italic">As far as I know there's nothing written in the coding that would prevent a breed from reaching 10x4. However, that being said some breeds on here are a pain and hyper is usually the biggest trouble stat >__< You could use fame points before training to try and boost the hyper stat at little and then groom them like normal. This may or may not help but you could try. Lots of players often will sell fame points too! Fame can't be transferred to you but you can lease the dog to them and they will then apply the points to the hyper stat. I'm not 100% on this but I think maybe you can only apply fame points to stats between 100 and 200, so you may have to train hyper up to 100/101 and then add the fame points to hyper and then finish grooming.</span></span>
  • Thanks Para. I actually have about 1000 fame points available at this time too. I just don't know why but I have bred a million and one combos and can't break 99. It's getting weird like I have about 30 dogs at the pivotal 98ish hyper and none of the combos will make higher than 98.8!
  • <span style="color:#400080"><span style="font-style:italic">I hate when that happens! I've worked on lines like that in the past and they are frustrating for sure!</span></span>
  • I know how you feel! I'm on the 9th generation of my Irish Wolfhounds and I haven't gotten above 104 birth hyper. I breed at least 3 litters and for about the last 2-3 generations I've been stuck at 103-104, with a lot of the highest offspring having lower hyper than their parents. It's driving me barmy!
    MoonlightShade2_zps300e4568.jpg
  • I have always wondered why some breeds are like that. I am doing Croatian Mountain Dogs, and have come to a complete halt. I am at Gen 15, and I have only gotten to 98 birth aggro. This is with grooming males to 12.4 and females 11.6. I know they all should be able to reach 10x4, but sometimes I wonder...
    4r93lz.png
  • Exactly. I'm honestly just wondering at this point if they just like aren't able to 10x4? Because I've been breeding up a storm and 99 hyper just won't happen. I don't understand and meanwhile I'm training all these dogs that aren't doing anything! UGH. I'm just frustrated because I'm sorry but after 10 generations patience is thin :twisted: especially when hyper has raised by an average of .3 each time after 4th or 5th!
  • Fly has a Golden Retriever with 99.2 birth hyper <a href="http://virtualpups.com/index.php?r=dog/view&id=2240492&view=1"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://virtualpups.com/index.php?r=dog/view&id=2240492&view=1</a>; , so they can make it that far, at least. The higher you get, the harder it is to make hyper go up. Ari's checked several breeds for glitches because some stats don't seem to be moving and can't find any.<br><br>Birth stats have some random built into them. That's why all pups from the same litter don't have the same stats. Because you need more luck the higher you get, you most often don't get a stat higher than the parents. Sometimes I wonder if you would have more of a chance to get higher statted pups if you didn't wait until the female could only have 1 or 2 litters and instead bred her a bit earlier to have more chances of getting a pup with higher stats, especially when it seems like you've hit that boundary.
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • I get 5 litters out of my lines, like 36-45 pups, and you would think at 15 generations, they would have gone somewhere :cry: I have been in the 97s for about 7 generations. The one thing I can say is that I will get more of the higher stats (maybe 3-4 that are in the high 97s instead of 1) but still I can't break that 98 barrier. I totally get your frustration, and maybe just step back for a while. When I find myself swearing at the computer screen, I realize it's time for me to put my lines aside for a week or two and enjoy eventing or something else, lol :lol:
    4r93lz.png
  • I'm in a "testing" mode today. Poor coders on Beta probably want to strangle me, but I'm wondering if you have breeding skill on the breeding sponsor and if that makes a difference?
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • Alabama wrote:
    I'm in a "testing" mode today. Poor coders on Beta probably want to strangle me, but I'm wondering if you have breeding skill on the breeding sponsor and if that makes a difference?
    <br>I am doing it all on my own breeding kennel, 100 in skill, both breeding and whelping on the breeding kennel and no luck. I just think there are certain breeds that are "stuck." Not supposed to be, I know, but with doing everything right, I don't what else it could be. I am interested to see in beta if these breeds will get better, or stay the same.
    4r93lz.png
  • GRs are nuts, you can look at my lot, I'v done way over 250 Imports, clean lines up to like Gen6 or 8 than inbred a few as I couldn't take it anymore, I'm too scared to breed my highest stat Hyper GRs just to loose them and the hyper to drop on the next gen.
    flyacdbanner.jpg
    656 Gifties