Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ridiculed for having compassion..

edited November 2014 in Vent
I just have to vent about this,<br>..because everyone in this house is steal teasing me about it. -_-<br><br>About a day ago I spotted a large albino rat in my cousin's family's home. He looked exactly like LoLo, my chubby little fat-so rat-so that passed away not too long ago. <3 Anyway, I immediately grabbed a bucket to trap the rat because everyone was panicking so much. After I caught him I told them all to leave him alone while I go get something to temporarily cage him better. By the time i found something and came back to get him everyone in the house was surrounding the bucket and stabbing him with sticks. He was helpless and couldn't run away because I had trapped him to take him outside. He screeched and cried while they all just had a blast. I was in shock and asked them to stop hurting him over and over.. then just sat on the floor and cried too. It took them forever to kill him, like they were purposely doing it slowly. Once he was dead they all turned their attention to me and started laughing and taunting me.. asking me what the heck is wrong with me. "It's just a rat... It's vermin."<br><br>It really breaks my heart to see anything suffer so much. Just because it isn't your preferred pet doesn't make it's life dispensable. The people that hate rats are the people that have never owned them. I tried to explain that I cried for the rat because of my connection to that type of animal, but they just don't understand. They laugh. They call me stupid.. Just because we're people doesn't mean we can torture life forms that have been dubbed "lower". NOBODY has the right to torture ANY living thing to death like that. People who do things like this seriously disgust me. <br><br>The worst part is their reasoning. They all say they killed the rat because he can't be in the house.. but if that was the case then why didn't they just MOVE THE BUCKET OUTSIDE?? <br><br>They are cruel and completely lack common sense. End of story. That is my rant. -__- R.I.P wild rattie.
Goodbye old VP, hello disaster. xD

Comments

• <span style="color:#400080">That story just broke my heart.<br><br>I hate to hear about *any* animal (humans included) being mistreated. There certainly was NO reason to torture that poor rat in such a way! I will never understand how any person that doesn't consider themselves a sociopath can actually find pleasure in causing deliberate harm to another living thing. I completely understand that some people consider rats to be pests, but that doesn't mean they don't feel pain!<br><br>I have to deal with this same way of thinking every time I visit my in-laws, who will keep their FIVE dogs outside in a small dog pen with one dog house regardless of the weather. The dogs often run out of food and water and I've had to stop myself from stealing them when it snows. The worst part is they *keep buying more dogs* because it's some sort of status symbol where they live. But if I ever say anything like "Have you considered putting a tarp or something over the pen so they'll have shelter from the sun and rain?" the response is always the same "They're just dogs..." It pisses me off.<br></span>
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*
  • I feel the same way..<br>and I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.<br>I hate that legally animals are considered property and can be treated that way.<br><br>This family keeps their 100 pound American Bully locked in a disgusting concrete kennel that is barely 5 feet long and 2 feet wide. He stays in there, with his feces, for 24 hours a day EVERY day. The first thing I did when I got here was clean his home out and give him a bath.. then i bought him some dog treats and toys so he wouldn't be so dang bored all day long. They laughed at me for doing that and called me weird. I did it without their permission. I've seriously contemplated stealing him away too. :/ That dog loves me so much he squeals in excitement whenever he hears my voice and tries to break free.. all because I'm the first person to ever play with him in his entire life. These people have yelled at and beat him for doing that.. then they tell me it's my fault for "spoiling" him.. because apparently giving a dog any sort of attention is spoiling. <br><br>...ugh.<br><br>I don't understand why people get pets if they have absolutely no desire to care for them.. we must dognap them.
    Goodbye old VP, hello disaster. xD
  • I understand what you both are talking about. My boyfriend's cousin dog-sat an entire breeding stock (of 7 "American Pit Bull Terriers" (in actuality they are AMERICAN BULLIES); the breeder kept his "king" dog with him) and they were placed into individual 6x6 kennels, except one who was placed on a chain... Well my boyfriend's cousin was not happy with the choice, but he lacked a fence, so it was his only option.<br><br>Well this was only supposed to be a week job while the breeder moved to a bigger property and was remodelling to accommodate all of the dogs in larger kennels. On top of that, the breeder was supposed to come twice a day to feed and care for the dogs. Well we took his word on it..... BIG mistake!<br><br>He:<br>1.) That week turned into 8+ weeks....<br>2.) In those 8+ weeks, he came maybe three times....<br>3.) He left trash everywhere....<br>4.) He NEVER cleaned any of the kennels....<br>5.) The dogs were not taken out....<br>6.) Did not mention that the dog left on the chain was very territorial and got aggressive AND he had to be monitored 24/7 because the chain he left him on was made for a much smaller dog....<br>7.) Did not supply the food after the first bag was emptied....<br><br>The list goes on....<br><br>My boyfriend and I were the ones who walked all of the dogs we could (some were not socialized enough to handle being out in public sadly), cleaned the kennels, bathed the dogs (again all of the ones we could... Some got VERY aggressive towards us when we even watered them, so bathing them was not an option), taught basic obedience to some, and did everything else that you are supposed to do for a dog. When my boyfriend's cousin addressed the matter the "professional" breeder replied "They are just dogs. It is not like they do anything for me except make money."<br><br>BYB at it's finest!!! Thankfully, this breeder was suspended from UKC for other reasons and decided to sell off much of his stock after that.<br><br>I would also like to add that the "remodelled" kennels that took them over two months to build were 6x6 kennels put on top of concrete with BARRELS as "dog houses"... My boyfriend and his cousin (who were both landscapers at the time) could have done that job in a matter of three days...
    bgsdxf.jpg
    If you like my avatar or graphics that you have seen by me, check out this link