Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanks For Informing Me Now AFTER the Fact

edited October 2014 in Vent
As some of you may already know, my boyfriend (might as well be fiance since he has asked multiple times; the answer was always yes) had a motorcycle accident a month ago that has left him in a coma (now a vegetative state; not any better in my opinion). He has yet to regain consciousness or do very much in that time span. He is classified as stable, but still in critical condition. However, there is nothing further that the doctors can do; we are stuck in a long term waiting game to see if he will ever even wake up.<br><br>Well right when this happened was when I began my third semester in college. I have on online class and one hybrid (online/in class) class. I was all for switching to online for both, but I wanted to talk to the teacher and see what her stand would be on the situation since I had already spent $200 on the book for that class.<br><br>I told her my situation and informed her that I probably would NOT be attending ANY classes this semester and asked if she would rather me have someone get my class work or me switch to an online class. She stated that my absences WOULD be excused and that ALL of the assignments would be online anyways, so I could do them there and not have to worry about coming into class. I even gave her a note from my boyfriend's doctor saying where he stood health wise.<br><br>Last night I emailed her about a test that I had missed due to my week being VERY hectic with my boyfriend's health and her reply was VERY rude and down right uncalled for. She informed me (AFTER A MONTH!!) that my grade is dropping one letter per every five days I miss (class meets two days a week; I have missed ten classes; the HIGHEST grade I can now make in the class is a C (I have an A that I that I worked my butt off and earned)) AND she will NOT be putting the test up there for me to make up. I also asked her to send me the due dates for all of the assignments (which SHOULD be on my calendar online, but she neglected to fill that out)... She REFUSED to do so! She said if I should be in class to have gotten them. She COULD/SHOULD have given me that paper when I came in originally to tell her my circumstances, but of course she didn't!<br><br>Now I am having to try to figure out what to do about this class. If I go, I will not be able to come see my boyfriend every week. It will be every other week at most instead. With him being in the state that he is in, I am NOT comfortable doing so. I wish she would have just told me to switch to the online course.... But she is a money hungry person that gets paid per student. One less student = less $ for her.<br><br>I hope and pray that she NEVER has to be in this situation that I am in because if she is karma will get her good.
bgsdxf.jpg
If you like my avatar or graphics that you have seen by me, check out this link

Comments

• You're kidding! I hope your boyfriend/fiance's health improves, first of all.<br><br>But the school situation is downright abusive! I'm not sure if there's anything you can do, but I feel like she straight up lied to you and waited 'til you were screwed to tell ya. :( I wouldn't stress too much, health is always more important than school, work, etc. Karma will get her soon enough!
    ekews2.jpg
  • Well I went to school on Tuesday and she was a TOTALLY different person!! She was kind and compassionate and said she was going to excuse my absences. Which is a good thing because I had dramatic pictures of what he looked like directly after the accident, in the first hospital, that I was willing to show her as proof.
    bgsdxf.jpg
    If you like my avatar or graphics that you have seen by me, check out this link