Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sentiment

edited September 2014 in Vent
So, I played on here a while back. From around 2008-2011 I was really quite active. In 2011, issues came up, and I no longer had time to devote to the site. A little under a month ago, I created a new account and came back. After a few days I regained access to my old account, and, to my complete and utter *lack* of surprise, saw that all my dogs had been rescued. I knew that would happen. There was however, only one dog I really cared about, so I tracked her down. She's a 1OAK gifty that I personally made, her color a tribute to my love for my then boyfriend, now fiancé (aside: squeeeee! That's part of what I did while gone! Engagement!)<br><br>I know the rescuer has complete and utter right to have her, but still, the color of the dog meant a lot to me sentimentally. The dog herself isn't outrageously phenomenal. She's a trained novice 10*4 husky. Those aren't very rare. So since the rescuer had complete rights to have my dog, I wasn't going to ask for her to be given back. But, I messaged the kennel owner, explaining the whole story, to inquire if we could make some kind of deal. I offered to discuss terms on which I could buy the dog, and hell, I would have been willing to purchase a brand new dye for the rescuer in exchange for my dog back. It's just sentimental to me. <br><br>Instead of a response, the current owner, who has been online since I emailed, ignored me, and I believe blocked bids on the dog since the email (I don't recall if they were blocked prior.)<br><br>It's just.. Really frustrating. I'm not asking for the dog to be given to me, and I was willing to give the current owner something worth much more monetarily for something that had sentimental value to only me. A response email in the least would have been called for.

Comments

• Sad to hear the other person would not at least respond to you. Hope you know that not all of us rescuers are like that.
    NaciesForumBanner.jpg
  • <span style="color:#400080">I hope that player comes around and at the very least decides to work with you on getting you your dog back. And ditto on what Nacie said...not all rescuers are like that!</span>
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*
  • Thanks, guys :)<br><br>I was a sponsor before, and so I know how difficult it can be to find rescuable dogs, and how exciting it is to find something rare like a 1OAK. Still, I didn't think I was being unreasonable in seeing if we could work out terms on me purchasing her back, especially since her color wouldn't be considered "cool" (it mentions my fiancé by (first) name) to anyone not deeply connected with someone who had that name. <br><br>Thanks for the support (and someone reassuring me I'm not unreasonable) :)
  • That "someone" in the last line snuck in without my intent, haha.
  • I went through a similar situation. I traded a goodie dye for 100 free trainings three years back. The dog was a 9x4 APBT that I dyed "Soon To Be Daddy" for my boyfriend's first Father's Day present. Well my boyfriend quit playing and the dog was rescued (of course). Well I spent months trying to get him back from the rescuer. In the time that it took, my boyfriend was involved in a motorcycle accident which has (still) left him in a coma. I sent the rescuer a message stating what had happened to him and BEGGED for the dog back since we didn't (and don't) know if he will ever even wake up. The rescuer did indeed give me the dog back for free (I offered training, 10x4s, and VPC) and I thank her for that. Maybe they just don't check their messages often (the rescuer that had my dyed dog doesn't check theirs regularly).
    bgsdxf.jpg
    If you like my avatar or graphics that you have seen by me, check out this link