Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Imitation is the highest form of flattery?

edited July 2014 in Vent
Right? <br><br>There are a few kennels on VP now created over the years that have copied my kennel name that are clearly not me. It could totally be a coincidence but come on!?!? Someone else came up with Sugarbread Kennels? They're using my brand, sort of. That just adds all kind of confusion for other players who know me and think they are speaking with me. I suppose it isn't a huge deal because I don't really play the game anymore, although I do log in everyday, and they are clearly new players who don't have everything down yet. They want what I've worked hard for easily given to them. Maybe? They could just like my name. It just kind of bugs me. :|

Comments

• If there's ever any question whether it's actually me or not, my username will always be Zagari something. Zagari Wolf, Zagari III, Zagariwhatever. I only have two kennels right now.
  • <span style="color:#400080">It's probably a total coincidence. I know when I first created what is now my rescue kennel I accidentally (sort of) ripped off another kennel. I got a message asking if I got my kennel name (Purple Ribbon Pups) from that player's (Purple Ribbon Bully's). I don't think it helped that I also specialize in APBTs. But I hadn't even heard of that kennel at the time. I made sure that from that point my kennel line, dogs, and everything else had different names and brands to distinguish. Perhaps if you sent a friendly message they will clarify on their kennel page that they are not affiliated with you, to eliminate the confusion.</span>
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*
  • Kinda have to remember that new players have never been in the game, so it would be difficult for them to have known what other kennel names are already taken.
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • I suppose you both could be right about the newest kennel. However, the two in the past were totally copying me, my specialized breeds, and using the same brand to name their dogs. They also had had multiple novice kennels. It still kind of gets under my skin. <br><br>I can see yours though Bryson. Purple Ribbon is a real life thing and is associated with APBTs. So bigger chance of similar names. Sugarbread is a totally made up name as far as I'm aware. A little more unique.
  • If you think someone is purposely trying to pretend to be you, you can report them and we'll look into it. <br><br>Sugarbread is kinda like a cinnamon roll, it's a real thing, though I don't know how popular it is.
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • It also appears to be a song... <br><br>No big deal. The other players have since been suspended or quit playing years ago. I did send a polite message to the one who is active now yesterday. I haven't gotten a reply but even if I don't, no big deal I guess. I was just venting - what this section is meant for.
  • Yep, for venting xP One of my quirks, try to solve a problem ... even if there isn't a problem