Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO)

edited July 2014 in Vent
Hello there Vp... I'm Kiwi... and I suffer greatly from the fear of missing out and/or being alone. I've spent my entire summer with my friends and always doing things with them no matter what... On the days or nights I'm not doing something or my friends have plans and I'm not able to go... I am sooo stressed out... I guess it's kind of normal... I just don't like being by myself and I'm happier when I am with my friends...
SmiLe :)

fightorflight_zpsveosejjv.jpg 

Comments

• Oh that's super rough. I have the exact opposite problem where I get stressed if I can't get OUT of plans with my friends, and I very much prefer to be alone. So for that reason, it's funny that I feel like I completely understand your pain, but also I completely don't!<br><br>It might help to turn your room into some kind of relaxing dojo, if that makes sense. You know, with some red lights and lavender scents or something along those lines. That way you don't feel any kind of anxiousness when you're alone. And of course, talk to your online friends here on VP, too! :mrgreen: <br><br>I dunno if that will help at all, but worth a shot. :/ I hate to know you're going through that kind of stress.
    ekews2.jpg
  • Dramatic wrote:
    You know, with some red lights and lavender scents or something along those lines.[/quote<br><br>You and those red lights! Hahah xD
  • Hahhaha! Why thank you very much! I'll have to try that eventually. (:
    SmiLe :)

fightorflight_zpsveosejjv.jpg 
  • I totally know how you feel. I have a phobia of being left alone without knowing when someone will be back. Its kinda like separation aniexy. its caused by Post Tramatic Stress Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder. I sometimes have severe panic attacks that put me in the ER. I'm always with my girlfriend though and our dog Peach. But when I'm at home I can't stand being alone while my parents are at work. We have cats at my moms but i dont feel as comfy as i do when i have a dog with me. Ever since we got my new kitten, Jabbi, though I havent had as many problems with it though.