Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Layout! Critiques/Comments?

edited June 2014 in Artist Alley
<a href="http://virtualpups.com/index.php?r=kennel/view&id=449202"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">New Layout</a><br><br>I got bored with my old one and it felt too cluttered. I've been working on HTML and CSS lately, so I went and made myself a brand new one with an Iframe! What do you guys think?

Comments

• :shock: So.Pretty!
    <br><br>Hehe thank you :P
  • I like it a ton! So organized! Seems like it would take you forever with all the links and such :)
    2vngho8.jpg
  • Coverkay wrote:
    I like it a ton! So organized! Seems like it would take you forever with all the links and such :)
    <br><br><br>Thank you! It actually didn't take too long xD I was into the layout so it went quickly!
  • <span style="color:#400080">It's really pretty! The only thing I would critique about it is the main text is a little hard to read. Change the font up a little, increase the size, or choose a slightly lighter color for the frame that would give better contrast. I love the color choices though, espeically for the tabs!</span>
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*
  • bryson wrote:
    <span style="color:#400080">It's really pretty! The only thing I would critique about it is the main text is a little hard to read. Change the font up a little, increase the size, or choose a slightly lighter color for the frame that would give better contrast. I love the color choices though, espeically for the tabs!</span>
    <br><br>Thank you! I was wandering about the text myself. I might change it up soon:)
  • <span style="color:#400080">The way you have the page background slightly lighter than the frame background...I bet if you switched them so the page background was the slightly darker gray and the frame background was the lighter gray it would give a little better contrast with the black text. That would probably be enough to make it "pop" lol. The font choice itself is really nice, it goes well with the headers :-)</span>
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*
  • Nice layout, not a fan of the dotted border myself but thats personal preference. There is a REALLY good website for testing out colours for readability but I can't remember it off the top of my head. I will get the link off my laptop and send it to you :)
    forum_by_behold_the_survivor-d65hr8n.jpg
    Staircase from Malleni Stock at DeviantArt
  • Nice layout, not a fan of the dotted border myself but thats personal preference. There is a REALLY good website for testing out colours for readability but I can't remember it off the top of my head. I will get the link off my laptop and send it to you :)
    <br><br><br>Thank you:) I'm about to go in and change up the colors and all anyways:)