Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad News :(

edited May 2014 in Vent
I've lurked the forums every now and then lately but haven't posted or anything, I just haven't felt the need to because I'm not an active player on the site anymore! But I know a lot of the players I talked to on here or who were active when I was, were aware that I owned my long haired Chihuahua, Czar, since a pup (about three years now). <br><br>Last Thursday evening while I was at work, he darted out the door when my boyfriend went to lock his truck at the place I'm housesitting. He's a pretty skittish dog and he was in an environment he wasn't used to. He also doesn't always let my boyfriend pick him up and doesn't listen when he calls him all of the time (it's a Chihuahua thing, he's a bit bipolar lol), so there was no way my boyfriend was able to get a hold of him. He got spooked and ran a very long way, very fast, to a totally separate neighborhood and now he's been lost for five nights.<br><br>We've set up live traps where he's been spotted and a trail camera facing them to see if he's been near them, but no luck. We put up posters everywhere, made people aware through social media, and even put little fliers in everyone's mailboxes around the area he's lost in, as well as a bit further in case he wanders. <br><br>I feel so lost without him. He's like my baby and he's just so afraid of strangers and strange places that I don't know if he's going to find his way back home, or if we'll find him. Many people are helping look and have spent countless hours driving or walking and calling his name. I'm exhausted and have been up at ridiculous hours in the morning to search, as well as late in the night. <br><br>Any advice? :cry:

Comments

• Sorry to hear about Czar darting out of the house :( Unfortunately I don't have any advice... but Hope you find him :)
    forum_by_behold_the_survivor-d65hr8n.jpg
    Staircase from Malleni Stock at DeviantArt
  • I would suggest putting articles of clothing or toys to make him feel/remember being safe. A dirty T-shirt that you've worn, for example. Make sure the traps aren't out in the wide open as he may be too afraid to go to them. Good luck and hope you get your pup back.
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • We've put worn t shirts in the live traps along with a few of his toys. We also have his blankets draped over the top of them for more familiar smells. When I walk around calling him, I bring his squeaky ball and squeak it hoping he'll hear it and come to me but nothing so far. It's been 6 nights now. :( someone called me last night and said they saw him but whenever we go to look when we get a call, he's already gone. I insist that people ignore him and don't try to call him or pick him up but everyone that's called has said "I tried to call him," which just makes him run off.