Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yep, Lovely

edited February 2014 in Vent
So as if only having highs of a whopping 5 as the highlight of my week and dumping snow, the weather also has to take my power. To make things worse, once I finally got it back someone went sliding and took it back out x.x After telling my mother all of this her response was "Well, it's been really cold here too. It's 49 right now when it was in the high 60s" ...if it's above freezing, no one has room to complain in my book lol
1zl396d.png

Roll like a buffalo! xD

Comments

• ...LOL WHAT. I can't even. 49 is not cold. 49 is balmy in comparison. It's been in the 20-30d F range around here and it hasn't even been snowing, so you must be freezing D; Especially with no power, so no heat?
    ekews2.jpg
  • .... I complain if its lower than 60 xD (Texan problems)
  • Dramatic; <br>y That's exactly how I feel! It got up to 23 today and my reaction "finally, a nice day" xD And yes, it meant no heat. The happiest sound of my life was the whir of my unit coming back on.<br><br>VampireVenom;<br>One of my friends is from Texas as well and she told me that if she didn't answer my texts it meant that she had frozen to death :P
    1zl396d.png

Roll like a buffalo! xD
  • <span style="color:#400080">I'm from New Hampshire, and moved to North Carolina for college. I had never heard of such a thing as a "snow day" and I couldn't believe when people would freak out over a *chance* of 2 inches of snow :lol: My grandparents retired to Florida, and whenever they come to visit they always complain about how cold it is outside on those "freezing 50 degree nights"</span>
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*
  • I'm from North Carolina actually. My roommates and I were joking that if I was back home, it would be considered the snowpocalypse :lol:
    1zl396d.png

Roll like a buffalo! xD
  • .... I complain if its lower than 60 xD (Texan problems)
    <br><br>She really does...and it's NOT OKAY.<br>I also have temps with the highs being in the teens over the past few weeks. Vampy enjoys rubbing her warm weather in my face.
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png
  • It's freezing at my house! We have a good 5 inches of snow with a thick layer of ice on top. I'm glad we haven't lost power yet :)
  • Sounds like everyone's having bad weather at the moment. I feel for you Wolfie and the rest of you guys.<br><br>We haven't had snow yet where I live but I know in South England (UK) there were floods over Christmas with people loosing power for a week including Christmas day and boxing day... there is still flooding in the South, here in the North there are winds that are said to reach 80 - 90mph tonight and I had to drive round a tree to get home from work. <br><br>Hoping that the other VPians from the UK are all okay as I hear its bad in quite a lot of places.
    forum_by_behold_the_survivor-d65hr8n.jpg
    Staircase from Malleni Stock at DeviantArt
  • Sounds like everyone's having bad weather at the moment. I feel for you Wolfie and the rest of you guys.<br><br>We haven't had snow yet where I live but I know in South England (UK) there were floods over Christmas with people loosing power for a week including Christmas day and boxing day... there is still flooding in the South, here in the North there are winds that are said to reach 80 - 90mph tonight and I had to drive round a tree to get home from work. <br><br>Hoping that the other VPians from the UK are all okay as I hear its bad in quite a lot of places.
    <br><br>Hurricane force 12 winds for the Irish Sea! That's the highest on the scale lol. Was in Cardiff for the opening 6 Nations game, and it was very windy then. Dread to think what it is like now. <br><br>Not been too bad about here with any flooding (Bucks/Beds border), mainly just gale force gusts of winds (40-50mph). I'm just annoyed there is no snow!
    8ekcsqs.jpg
    ^ Click for comics
  • PaperWings wrote:
    <br><br>Hurricane force 12 winds for the Irish Sea! That's the highest on the scale lol. Was in Cardiff for the opening 6 Nations game, and it was very windy then. Dread to think what it is like now. <br><br>Not been too bad about here with any flooding (Bucks/Beds border), mainly just gale force gusts of winds (40-50mph). I'm just annoyed there is no snow!
    <br><br>Haha we've had 23mph winds up here so far and no flooding here either, I honestly don't think the North is made for floods. I was travelling from Manchester (i live like 1.30hrs away) when there was a tree in the road (from the wind) and my friend is worried about her windows, and she also wondered how the football games were still on, as she said the players will fly away... <br><br>Apparently there is a tornado warning over here though and winds are said to reach 100mph
  • You guys are all welcome to join me here in Canada lol today we're having a nice day and actually managed to hit -2F! Been a long winter here and you're welcome to some of the snow as well as I've had to shovel it away from my fence because my shelties were able to walk up the snow bank and over the fence!
    2i9penq.jpg
  • Meeko wrote:
    You guys are all welcome to join me here in Canada lol today we're having a nice day and actually managed to hit -2F! Been a long winter here and you're welcome to some of the snow as well as I've had to shovel it away from my fence because my shelties were able to walk up the snow bank and over the fence!
    <br><br>I'd love to but I think all our planes may be delayed or grounded until the weather warnings have gone lol
  • PaperWings wrote:
    <br><br>Haha we've had 23mph winds up here so far and no flooding here either, I honestly don't think the North is made for floods. I was travelling from Manchester (i live like 1.30hrs away) when there was a tree in the road (from the wind) and my friend is worried about her windows, and she also wondered how the football games were still on, as she said the players will fly away... <br><br>Apparently there is a tornado warning over here though and winds are said to reach 100mph
    <br><br>Sounds like you are going to get caught in the hurricane force winds off the Irish Sea :s Hope you don't get hit too bad by them! <br><br>I used to live on the Salisbury Plains in Hampshire, the village I used to live in flooded really easily so I reckon its not doing too well at the moment! Worst thing is you had to go up a hill to get out the village lol, so the "puddle" was always at the bottom making it hard to get out. So kinda glad I'm not there anymore.<br><br>Am meant to be going to Birmingham Friday afternoon to go watch A Day to Remember, but trains are going to be a bit of a pain if things are like they are now. Train to Birmingham from here is disrupted due to overhead power cable issues from the weather. You see the thing about the train tracks that got washed away down in Devon? I used to have to take that line to visit my ex. The tracks were really scarily close to the water edge!
    8ekcsqs.jpg
    ^ Click for comics
  • PaperWings wrote:
    <br><br>Sounds like you are going to get caught in the hurricane force winds off the Irish Sea :s Hope you don't get hit too bad by them! <br><br>I used to live on the Salisbury Plains in Hampshire, the village I used to live in flooded really easily so I reckon its not doing too well at the moment! Worst thing is you had to go up a hill to get out the village lol, so the "puddle" was always at the bottom making it hard to get out. So kinda glad I'm not there anymore.<br><br>Am meant to be going to Birmingham Friday afternoon to go watch A Day to Remember, but trains are going to be a bit of a pain if things are like they are now. Train to Birmingham from here is disrupted due to overhead power cable issues from the weather. You see the thing about the train tracks that got washed away down in Devon? I used to have to take that line to visit my ex. The tracks were really scarily close to the water edge!
    <br><br>Ouch I feel for you, I heard about all the trains getting delayed, and stuff. I didn't hear about the train tracks in Devon though, that was not on BBC Radio 1 on my way home, actually that probably would have scared me to death, even though its no where near where I live. I was scared of the weather on the way home as it was lol. <br><br>I can't believe that the train tracks have been washed away, thats terrible. <br><br>I hear the Thames is flooded though.
  • <span style="color:#400080"> Wow... I had no idea it was so bad in the UK! Please be safe my VP loves! Here in NC we're experiencing the worst snow in about 8 yrs. It started snowing 4 hrs ago and it's only getting worse. We've got about 2 feet of snow in the back yard. The dogs love it, but the smallest one can't really make it, it's deeper than she is tall lol</span>
  • bryson wrote:
    <span style="color:#400080"> Wow... I had no idea it was so bad in the UK! Please be safe my VP loves! Here in NC we're experiencing the worst snow in about 8 yrs. It started snowing 4 hrs ago and it's only getting worse. We've got about 2 feet of snow in the back yard. The dogs love it, but the smallest one can't really make it, it's deeper than she is tall lol</span>
    <br><br>I think I count myself lucky as I live in mainland in the North so theres not much flooding, its more the south thats having flooding, and Wales. We are just experiencing heavy winds which are apparently the worst in 2 years lol... <br><br>I love the fact that your smallest dog can't go in the snow... I'd love to have some snow... it has been snowing but due to the wetness of the area its not sticking. I'd love a bit of snow, although I don't know how I'd get to work or Uni with snow lol, especially since I travel about 1.30 hours to get to either lol
  • bryson wrote:
    <span style="color:#400080"> Wow... I had no idea it was so bad in the UK! Please be safe my VP loves! Here in NC we're experiencing the worst snow in about 8 yrs. It started snowing 4 hrs ago and it's only getting worse. We've got about 2 feet of snow in the back yard. The dogs love it, but the smallest one can't really make it, it's deeper than she is tall lol</span>
    <br><br>I think I count myself lucky as I live in mainland in the North so theres not much flooding, its more the south thats having flooding, and Wales. We are just experiencing heavy winds which are apparently the worst in 2 years lol... <br><br>I love the fact that your smallest dog can't go in the snow... I'd love to have some snow... it has been snowing but due to the wetness of the area its not sticking. I'd love a bit of snow, although I don't know how I'd get to work or Uni with snow lol, especially since I travel about 1.30 hours to get to either lol
    <br><br>Yeah, the UK is having a bit of a life crisis lol. Hurricane force winds, 1000+ homes flooded, 25 square miles of farmland in one area (Somerset) has been underwater since December. Some people had power knocked out but I think they've got that all back on now. Main hub for news for us: <a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26081187"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26081187</a>; and some not so pretty pictures of what is known to be a toasty warm tourist area in the summer: <a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-26048808"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-26048808</a><br><br>I'm south, but thankfully not that far south. About a 2-3hr drive from the worst effected areas, which isn't that far :s Although I'm sure the drive would be longer at the moment with lots of the roads flooding. I'm inland too, but we have lots of lakes in this place which are all very very full. We got the Grand Union canal too which is flooded in places. I think the Thames misses this area, kind of misses Buckinghamshire, going around the outside up to Oxford. We have the River Ouse though, which has no doubt burst its banks in places.<br><br>My boyfriend wants to move to south Wales, so very happy he hasn't done so just yet lol. Don't fancy swimming over to see him! <br><br>I would love snow. I am very sad that we've not had any snow down here at all this winter. To the point I was looking up holidays to places like Switzerland end of March to miss the ski season but still have snow to play in. I'm sure this time last year the whole country was under snow :( Stupid weather. My dog loves playing in the snow, and chasing snowballs then sniffing through the snow trying to find them hahaa.<br><br>Your uni the main Manc one? They are our clients ;) In fact I am in the process of testing their student accommodation website at work!
    8ekcsqs.jpg
    ^ Click for comics
  • Vampy is just a wimp ♥ I was outside barefoot and in shorts in the ice this morning!<br><br>My dads truck slide sideways and in a complete circle on his way to work this morning cause of the ice on the roads O.o thank goodness hes from up north and used to driving on it! He made it to work and home safely!!
  • <span style="color:#400080">Tiger, she doesn't know she's not a big dog, so she wouldn't stay inside. It was SO adorable watching her hop around trying to keep up with the others! :lol: </span><br><br>
    PaperWings wrote:
    Yeah, the UK is having a bit of a life crisis lol. Hurricane force winds, 1000+ homes flooded, 25 square miles of farmland in one area (Somerset) has been underwater since December.
    <br><br><span style="color:#400080">Um...wow. What the heck is going on with the weather? I remember last year this time it was too warm, it was weird. It felt like May in January...this is just crazy. It did stop snowing here, now it's sleeting :roll: So if you go outside, it looks like you're going to sink into knee-high fluffy snow but instead you slide right across the road.</span>
  • Paper I'm in the Metropolitan University not the main one, though I have a friend at the main one lol. My mum lives in North Wales and luckily she moved from Rhyl like a couple of years ago as its currently underwater.<br><br>Bryson that sounds kinda evil, i'd like the fluffy snow but wouldn't like to go sliding around everywhere, i'm clumsy as it is...
  • I do xD any time the weather is above 60 I send pictures of my car thermometer to ALL my friends freezing to death up north! Then they tell me to toughen up when I complain about it being 40 and me being a popcicle.
  • I do xD any time the weather is above 60 I send pictures of my car thermometer to ALL my friends freezing to death up north! Then they tell me to toughen up when I complain about it being 40 and me being a popcicle.
    <br><br>TRUTH.
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png