Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sharing Kennels in Beta

edited January 2014 in Game Suggestions
<span style="color:#400080">So I know the game owner/Ops generally frown upon players sharing kennels. From what I understand, the reason for disapproving is that if I give another player access to my kennel and they break the rules, I could get in trouble...since the Ops wouldn't know who was on the account at the time they'd only know it was my account.<br><br>In the new version of the game all my kennels will be linked under one account, so in order to give someone access to one kennel I'd have to give them access to all of my kennels. I think it would be a neat idea to be able to lease kennels, similar to the way we can currently lease dogs. Players can set up a contract for a certain amount of time and certain purposes, and the kennel would transfer temporarily from one account to another. That way if I have a training kennel I'm not using, and one of my friends needs a training kennel to use until they get an upgrade or something, they can just borrow my kennel for 3 months or whatever. I could select options like "allow kennel changes" and "allow brand editing" if it's a long-term lease. And, for example, if I want to share my breeding kennel, I can set up short-term leases so another player would have the kennel for three days and I could take it back.<br><br>It's probably not a practical idea, but I was talking about beta with another player and it came up so I thought I'd put it out there. It's a "win-win" as far as players being able to share kennels without the rule-breaking risk issue, but I don't have any idea how complicated something like that would be to implement.</span>
forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*

Comments

• I like this idea. I don't think it'll be feasible though. Beta coding works a little differently. In order to have a specialized (training, breeding, etc) kennel, the overall account must be sponsored. Like with dogs, if you have a sponsor with breeding skills in VP, when you contract a dog to a kennel without breeding skills, the dog doesn't keep breeding skills.<br><br>It kinda works like this right now in Beta. You buy a lifetime, 1 year or 6 month sponsor for your account. With that purchase comes the ability to specialize (breeding, training, etc) one kennel within that account. If you want to upgrade another kennel, you buy another specialization for lifetime, 1 year or 6 months, not another sponsorship. A specialization will not work if the account is not sponsored. But, sponsorship lasts as long as the last kennel is specialized. So if you purchase a 6 month sponsor and specialize kennel #123 on your account, then decide 3 months later to specialize kennel #456 for a year, if you don't renew kennel #123, the sponsorship automatically extends until kennel specialization for kennel #456 expires. <br><br>If a kennel were to be split from the account, unless the account borrowing it is sponsored, the kennel could not remain specialized.<br><br>Don't lose hope though, I think Ari's been working on something so people can share specialized kennels without sharing accounts or personal information such as e-mail addresses as well as sell specialized kennels to people who don't currently have a sponsored account.
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • <span style="color:#400080"> So basically, in order for my idea to (theoretically) work, both pairs would have to have sponsored accounts? I didn't think it would be an idea that could be actualized. I don't know anything about what's required to code an entire website, but I figured it's a bit late in the to come up with something big like that. I am really excited about the idea of sharing kennels in an "owner-approved" way</span>
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*