Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie Help/Secret Santa!

Ok, so I have been wondering what everyone would think of putting the unwanted dogs together and giving two to each newbie to get them started? May they be puppies, neutered, pregnant, or just dogs you no longer wish to have in your kennel. I have about six to get us started... <br><br>Second is idea is doing a secret santa. Would anyone be down for that?<br><br>If your interested in either idea please post below or PM me.
LadyCforumbanner_zps9f84f5f1.png

Comments

• Im happy to give away dogs for this(i have WAY to many in my kennel as it is) also im interested in doing a secret santa (think theres one of these alrwady each year though)
    ivyfallscredit_by_perseusjs-d68vr5v.png
    And i belive that half the time i am a wolf amoung the sheep gnawing at the wool over my eyes
  • That is great, Ivy!! Though, I wonder how would the new novices know about the dogs? <br><br>As for the Secret Santa, this is? Do you know who hosts it? Was maybe thinking what if we have one that is just for sponsors or pair a newbie with a sponsor or something different?
  • edited November 2013 122.62.231.114
    Maybe post up on the barkpark to let them know otherwise id say just check whose online and try and guess which novices are new and tell them or hope they join the forums.<br><br>Found last years one<br><a href="http://virtualpups.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=81443&hilit=secret+santa"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://virtualpups.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=81443&hilit=secret+santa</a>;
    And i belive that half the time i am a wolf amoung the sheep gnawing at the wool over my eyes
  • Yeah, might do all three. Want to get a couple more people willing to donate more dogs and maybe make another kennel a sponsor so as to have enough room for the dogs... <br><br>Coaster did them last year, but as for this year I haven't seen that person online so I don't know if they're doing it. If nothing comes up by November 25th I'd like to set something up and this was to see if I could get interest. Glad I have you interested. :mrgreen:
  • Im happy to join anything like that ,let me know if you want helpmsetting anything up with either ideas :) <br>Also if some of the dogs are untrained pups wed need to arrange trainers for them, and maybe give the newbies links to vp help guides (think Bryson has one of those)
  • <span style="color:#400080">I'm all for both ideas! Secret santa is always fun :mrgreen: <br><br>Although I gotta say...there have been<span style="font-style:italic"> a lot</span> of new player/novice help programs. The issue always seems to be that the novices/new players don't take advantage of them. I'm not entirely sure why, maybe it's that they're not advertised enough or that new players don't know to check the forums and barkpark. But I have personally helped a lot of new players and know others have too, the most effective way is to just start talking to them and welcome them personally, rather than wait for them to seek out and join a "community" program.<br><br>Flash tried one most recently... <a href="http://virtualpups.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=83049"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">viewtopic.php?f=42&t=83049</a> ...Plenty of sponsors willing to help but not enough novice/new player interest. Maybe you can ask her what went right and what went wrong.<br><br>And yes, I do have help guides 8) <br>For novices and new players:<br><a href="http://makingvpc.webs.com/"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">Making vpc</a><br><a href="http://vpsponsoreventguide.webs.com/"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">Eventing</a><br>For newly upgraded sponsors:<br><a href="http://vpsponsortrainingguide.webs.com/"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">Training</a><br><a href="http://vpsponsorbreedingguide.webs.com/"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">Breeding</a></span>
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*
  • Thank you so much Ivy! I definitely will. Right now I'll just be trying to see which kennel I want as the sales/novice help kennel and when I want to upgrade it. Might just have to upgrade the sales kennel I have now to a rescue kennel and do it that way.<br><br> I know I will do the Secret Santa and would definitely love your help with it! :P
  • I'll help with either. Whether it be organizing the posts or anything just let me know what you want me to do.
  • Thank you Bryson! <br><br>I have seen some of the forums and have even helped a few new players myself. I think the best way might be to post here in the forums, on the Bark, and to PM them personally. All three might get more interest then just doing two or one of them. You know? <br><br>Asking her is a good idea and I might do that. I read through Flash's and it was a really good idea! Would have loved something like that when I was new.<br><br>Now I know I definitely want to do both idea! Thank you three for your interest. <br><br>Only to figure out how and when...
  • Love the Secret Santa idea. :)
    167jcer.png

Disney's Frozen avatar and banner by me.It's an amazing movie. Everyone should totally go see it.

"The cold never bothered me anyway."-Elsa the Snow Queen
  • x
  • That's great canine!<br>So, what types of things can we do for secret santa? I'm a bit confused. I know we pair people up, but how does the gifting work?
  • Yeah i had the same thing when i tied to do one of these in may ,think we just pair people up randomly until each person has another person to gift to and gets a gift from someone
  • Maybe assign each participant a number and let people pick numbers tho give gifts to?
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*
  • I'm in for Secret Santa no matter who hosts it!
    NaciesForumBanner.jpg
  • I'm in for both ideas!! Both sound great! :mrgreen:
    xq7f6.jpg
  • Awesome! I'm going to post two separate threads tomorrow and see how many names we can get. :D
  • <span style="color:#400080">I'm usually up for Secret Santa. I believe I've joined in the past two years :D</span>
  • I am totally up for secret Santa
    bgsdxf.jpg
    If you like my avatar or graphics that you have seen by me, check out this link