Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Luck Of The Draw Idea

<span style="color:#400080">Salutations my wonderful VP people. I was sitting around musing about a few VP things and had an idea for a community event/competition. Now bear in mind I'm not one to orchestrate and carry out an event but if someone wants to take this idea and run with it I think it could be fun and interesting. So without further ado ...<br><br>The event would be a luck of the draw of sorts. The premise behind it is to gather a group of dogs (can be rescues and of various breeds etc.) that have the same type of training. Say 100 in discipline, 100 in sporting, 80 in working and are stat maxed or whatever. Pick an event that they could all compete in, lets say canine disc for the example, and assign each dog a number. Depending on amount if dogs and entrants each player would pick a number(s) and this would become the dog(s) they get to event with. So no one other than the even moderators will know who gets what dog until announcement date so the players will have to depend on the luck of the draw as to what dog they get. Then events would carry out as usual and luck will determine the winner.<br><br>So this is just an idea and would have kinks to work out but if anyone wants to take it and go for it I would love to see something like this happen and would be interested in participating/donating toward the project (of course I would want to enter thus couldn't know anything about the dogs). Maybe each player could pay to enter/get dogs and that could go toward the grand prize. Also donations of dogs and possibly training would be needed too.<br><br>So thoughts...</span>

Comments

• I think this could be fun :P I would suggest using Hunting, since it judges equally on almost every stat and requires three skills. Perhaps the dogs could each have definite strengths and weaknesses, like some dogs could be imports-4x4 but have a/c over 300, some dogs could be 10x4 but none of the birth stats are over 120, some dogs could have high/low agro, the skills can be trained differently, etc. That way whatever dog you get may or may not do well for different reasons...
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*
  • <span style="color:#400080">Hunting would be fun and to my knowledge I've not seen a hunting competition. I think this would have potential if someone wanted to figure out the kinks and run with it :D</span>
  • I think this is a great idea too! Even better without the thought of having to breed, train and worry about how high A/C and or loyalty is! All anyone would have to do is look in rescue kennels for trained dogs - and I know I have a lot of them already!<br><br>So if this takes off, I would enter and also donate to the prizes.
    NaciesForumBanner.jpg
  • <span style="color:#400080">Not having to breed or train is part of the appeal for me too. I love competitions but here lately haven't had time to train or breed up a line. This way you don't have to put in a lot of work but do have to just rely on luck ;)</span>
  • I agree with you guys, I haven't had a lot of time to train and breed my own lines, let alone dogs for special competitions. This is a great way for novices to compete too...I know a couple that have said they wish they could enter competitions but don't have the hundreds of thousands (sometimes millions) of vpc to buy/breed/train the right dogs. There could just be a small entry fee and then all participants would really have to pay is the entry fee for the events. If this idea gains some serious interest, and somebody is willing to help figure out the details, I'd be willing to run or partner in running this competition. I have plenty of dogs to donate as well! But I'd want to participate in the competition so I'd have to have an Op handle the randomization of dogs 8)
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*
  • <span style="color:#400080">That's me as well, I would love to compete so I wouldn't want to handle the dogs for the event lol. I'm also willing to add some donation of VPC for the prizes. I hadn't thought about the novice aspect but its a great point. Would be a good way to get some of them interested and competing in the community events and give them a chance to win some vpc. </span>