Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Over due events

edited September 2013 in Game Suggestions
Lately I have noticed SEVERAL past due events that haven't been run, some up to 10 DAYS PAST! <br><br>This is really frustrating for those of us players who event regularly as we spend the money on entry fees for events that don't run for several days..... I thought VP OPs were enforcing an eventing rule that was THEY would run the event if it became 3-4 days over due. What happened to this? Like I said, this is really inconvenient for us eventers.<br><br>Can something be done to improve this??
endurance_collie_by_perseusjs-d68vnzn.png

Comments

• Please keep in mind that we are volunteers, meaning we are unpaid and we all have significant commitments outside of this website, including jobs, families, and other activities. On Tuesday I ran all overdue events that met the criteria at the time (must have 4+ entries). Running overdue events takes a lot of time because it's not just one player who 'forgets' to run their events, it's usually 5+ individuals. <br><br>We run them as we have time, however rather than being upset with the Ops, <span style="font-style:italic">perhaps everyone who hosts their own events should take more care to run them on time.</span> We run events as a courtesy, not because we're required to. We have never nor ever will be required to run an overdue event.<br><br>Edit: I'll go ahead and run the overdue ones right now, but for future reference, kind approaches often yield better results. :)
    35ea329b-0292-43cf-beb5-41d1eb59699a_zpsc271b0c6.jpg
    On an indefinite hiatus.
  • I wasn't meaning to be rude, I am simply expressing my frustration with the system as well as the players.<br><br>I understand that fact, as all players do.
  • I would like to add that a lot of people do not run their events due to lack of entries. I never run mine until they have 26 or more dogs entered; that way the dogs and kennel get more points/VPC winnings. With that being said, I agree - event owners should be running their full events so ops do not have to.
    NaciesForumBanner.jpg
  • Nacie wrote:
    I would like to add that a lot of people do not run their events due to lack of entries. I never run mine until they have 26 or more dogs entered; that way the dogs and kennel get more points/VPC winnings. With that being said, I agree - event owners should be running their full events so ops do not have to.
    <br><span style="color:#400080"><br>^Ditto^ Though I sometimes have a bad habit of not running mine when full just because I get busy with RL. Otherwise I try to run any events that reach 30 and other when they have 24+ entrants once 4-5 days old.</span>
  • I was mainly directing this at those who don't run their events for 5+ days when they are obviously not getting entries to fill up. I understand people's lives getting in the way and waiting for entries. But when I see events that are 10 days old with 10 entries..... its frustrating.