Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal Breeds

edited July 2013 in Game Suggestions
I know you don't have the option of rescuing a personal breed. What do you guys think about maybe deleting them from the game or putting them up for auction in groups (an op doing so). That way there aren't dogs sitting in kennels that havent been signed into in years rotting away at low stats. Example: <a href="http://virtualpups.com/index.php?r=kennel/view&id=338995"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">Amici Per Sempre</a>

Comments

• As much as I think this is a good idea, I think we need to look at the original creator's point of view. PB's cost an awful lot of money, and that is what makes them a novelty, few people have one. Plus, it is something that you and only you have true access to (unless you choose to sell it). Even if a player hasn't been active for many years, there are players who decide to come back. Should these people come back, only to see that they've basically wasted 90 dollars, I know that if that was me I wouldn't be too happy. Personally, I feel it is best to leave them alone.
    FrostBite_zpsab645aba.png
  • I see where you are coming from and I didnt think of it that way. What if it was set to like say 5 years with no activity? O.o
  • If the dogs don't belong to you, it's not something that really should concern you. If someone pays $90 for something, then never uses it, that's their business. If you bought a pair of shoes and left them in your closet for 5 years, would it be okay for me to come in and take them?
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • IF they sat there for years with no use then I would throw them out myself when it comes to shoes/clothing. It was only a suggestion/question to see what others thought about the idea.
  • In this instance, it wouldn't matter if everyone thought it should happen. It would be stealing to sell something to someone with the understanding that it's their breed alone and then take it back whether to be deleted or to be given to someone else.
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • Well I have nothing more to say on this matter.
  • What if, from now on, when Pbs are created the owner has to option to select that 5 years ( or however many years) inactivity forfeits their right to the breed. I doubt very few players will select that option but at least it is an option? And then the game would have the players consent.... Just a thought.
  • The thing is that is going to be a LOT of coding for an option that nobody is going to use. I know I wouldn't. Why would anybody if they didn't have too?
  • The thing is that is going to be a LOT of coding for an option that nobody is going to use. I know I wouldn't. Why would anybody if they didn't have too?
    <br><br>Btw that wouldn't be a lot of coding >.> -runs off-
    8ekcsqs.jpg
    ^ Click for comics
  • PaperWings wrote:
    The thing is that is going to be a LOT of coding for an option that nobody is going to use. I know I wouldn't. Why would anybody if they didn't have too?
    <br><br>Btw that wouldn't be a lot of coding >.> -runs off-
    <br><br>I literally laughed out loud xD
  • Me too - that was great!<br><br>I also agree that most people would never agree to their PB being rescued at a later date; horever, as a rescue kennel . . . it would be kinda cool.<br><br>And with that being said, I too should probably run cause I know I will have people disagreeing with me.
    NaciesForumBanner.jpg
  • I played and rescued back when personal breeds -were- rescue-able. I actually got ALL of someone's personal breed lines. I handed them over to an OP and it was made so that personal breeds could not be rescued again. The thing is, personal breeds are $95 (or more with special colors). That is a HECK of a lot of money to spend on something virtual where you don't even own a physical item. It's not like the other breeds where they are available to everyone. They are made special for YOU. The only way others get them is if you give/sell them. This is a very unique and special deal to those that donate the $95+. <br><br>The dogs aren't doing any harm sitting in someone's account not being used. Actually, it sort of IS being used because they are keeping other players from owning that particular breed (which is part of the perks of getting the breed in the first place). I think with the price tag and how they are meant to be exclusive to the owner, rescuing them or taking them from the accounts to auction isn't a good idea. They aren't doing any harm sitting on a player's kennel. <br><br>p.s. I dont know why anyone would click an option to give dogs up if they are gone for so long. Wouldn't they just give them away on their own accord to friends or something if they were planning on getting rid of dogs anyways? I dont know who would use that. <br><br>p.s.s. Unless you actually code, it's kind of hard to tell how much coding something is. Paper made me laugh there.. xD
    8x32tt.png
  • You know, I did not even think about the PB dogs that were sold or given to other players. Now, thinking of the ones I have that I have bought or were given, I would not want to be able to rescue PBs. If they were, then most likely they would be overbred and the players that are still here would no longer have a unique dog that they paid a lot of VPC for and/or just prize for the rarity of the dog they have.
    NaciesForumBanner.jpg
  • - Add check box<br>- Script to check if check box is true/false. <br>- If true then check how many days between today and the last logged in timestamp. Which if over 5yrs then set the flag to true for the dog to be rescued.<br><br>Then the rescue feature already exists, so nothing further needs to be done. Just the checkbox, and to check a different length (5yr instead of 6mo for normal rescues).<br><br>Not that big a nerd, honest!
    8ekcsqs.jpg
    ^ Click for comics