Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price Range and Age Range!

I whould kinda like a price range of dogs for sell, when I'm am searching for cheap dogs, and the same for studs! And then I don't like buying old dogs for eventing, so an age range would be helpful to!! :)
buckingtonsprinters_zps5bc8478b.png

Comments

• This has been suggested and the answer has been that it creates too much strain on the server with having so many search perimeters. This means that the site would move more slowly. If you need certain ages, try having the results come back sorted by age making it so the younger age shows at the top of the list =)<br><br>Edit: You can also sort by price.
    8x32tt.png
  • Price range would be good-or at least the ability to weed out negative dogs from the search....I know my daughter was getting REALLY frustrated looking for dogs when the first five pages were negative. I finally sent her to a rescue, but I know darned good and well there are dogs for sale on here for real prices.<br><br><br>She just looked-there are 88 pages of negatively priced dogs if you search by with sort by price. Quite sure that scares off people who have never played the game. Heck-I just came back after six years gone, and it almost scared me back off too-
  • Skye (daughter) just gave me a good idea-<br><br>Instead of allowing negatively priced dogs, how about a checkbox on the dog to mark to as "biddable" anda seperate search for biddable dogs? Then the dogs on the sale search would actually be for sale........
  • I think that it would be a good idea to eliminate negatively priced dogs, especially since you can't jump to a specific page number you have to go through 20 dogs at a time. I also think having a " put up for bid" option on the dog's page would be cool, maybe instead of the block/unblock bids button. Many dogs listed for a negative price aren't up for bid though, so even if the "biddable" option came into play I'd still like to be able to eliminate negatively priced dogs
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*
  • Hmmmmm<br><br>I always thought that's why people clogged up the for sale dogs with negative numbers. In that case just get rid of the negs-if it's not for sale at all why have it show up on the for sale list? Makes not a bit of sense-esp from a newbie point of view. And lord knows-this game really needs newbies too-there is an insane number of kennels I have run across that were abandoned with no or way low activity.......still had the exact amount in it as you get when you sign up, etc. I know some of those were holding kennels and such, but I'm sure quite a few were from people who signed up and never even bought a dog or anything.........
  • Well, some people have kennels in which *all* dogs are up for sale or bid, and they set a certain few as negative to show that those few aren't for bid. There are also some people that have a coding system so that -1 means up for bid, -2 means at auction, and -3 means not up for bid; or they will have dogs up for bid but -1 means 10x4s, -2 means high a/c, -3 means imports. This is good for rescues that don't want to have to figure out sale prices for 200 dogs at a time, but still want their dogs seen on the marketplace. It works if you happen to visit that individual kennel, but it can clog up the for sale list.<br><br>I personally have dogs in my gifty kennels marked with negative numbers to help identify the oak (a 3oak is -3). My gifties aren't up for sale, but having the oak easily displayed helps anyone that is looking through my kennels for only 1oaks for example. And I am open to offers on my gifties so I don't neccessarily want to take them off of the marketplace, I want them seen.<br><br>It can be confusing for newbies, it confused me a little when I started. While it would be great to bring in lots of new players, if you can't narrow your search by picking a specific breed and click Next 20>> a few times, you probably don't have the patience to train, breed, and event generations of dogs, and that's pretty much what this game is about lol
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*
  • Hey:)<br>Just noticed in the beta you can search by greater than 0 easily-which is wonderful!<br><br>And, btw-I agree with you somewhat about the patience thing-and if you want a specific breed-BUT 88 pages is alot of clickthrough if you are not sure what you want. I just changed the numbers on the address bar to get there, but alot of people don't know to do that either. honestly, there are a lot of breeds on here-why should they have to limit themselves to one or two? Heck-I had to look up a lot of the real breeds to even find out what they were:)