Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any ideas for a new giveaway game?

edited May 2013 in Games
There's a few really fun giveaway games on VP. I was wondering if we could start a new one, but the problem is, I have no clue as to how to do it! Any suggestions? Even just one would be great, something to build off of. Thanks!
65727654ca1a7d2m3.jpg

Comments

• We could do a trivia game. :D Example:<br><br>Person a: Who was the first American president? The person who correctly answers will win 50k.<br>Person b: George Washington. I'll pm contract info. What is the name of Mickey Mouse's dog? The correct answer will receive a free 280/200.<br><br>And it continues. :)
    28vzhv7.jpg
    All Time Low Kennel Branches: Boarding. Prestige. Breeding. Giftie. Holding.
  • l like this!<br>Requires you to think a bit!
    DJCowgirl-1_zps4f3fd9de.png
  • I would participate in a game like that! :-)
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*
  • You could just look up the answers on the net though ,unless you had some sort of time limit or trused your players or used the chat feature
    ivyfallscredit_by_perseusjs-d68vr5v.png
    And i belive that half the time i am a wolf amoung the sheep gnawing at the wool over my eyes
  • A treasure hunt vp style, having to find out soething random like what is the name of (randomvpplayer)s pet fish ,then how many years has (anotherrandomvpplayer) been riding horses for things like that ans whoever had the most in a day wins (also i dont know if a treasure hunts been done before)
    And i belive that half the time i am a wolf amoung the sheep gnawing at the wool over my eyes
  • I like both of these ideas, but there are loopholes, like the internet. And for the treasure hunt thing, "most in a day wins" I feel isn't that fair because some people are really busy and can't be on all day, and some people are online all day and could snag all the answers before others have a chance!
    ekews2.jpg
  • Yeah my idea wasnt perfect but then nothing ever is... still it could be used to wok off (edited out my missed letters ops)
  • There are other games on VP that could easily be looked up on the internet... Such as the song lyrics game. It wouldn't really matter as much who cheats and who doesn't, I believe... It's about who participates and is kind enough to give items away. :)
    28vzhv7.jpg
  • That's true. Even if they have to look up the answer, it's learning! :D
    ekews2.jpg
  • I like both these ideas... And I agree with Flash, I think even if you did get your answer from the internet or someone else, it would still keep the game going and be educational to all involved. I think for a game like that, prizes would have to be limited in value though, just because it wouldn't really be fair to type a question into a search engine and get a huge prize lol<br><br>I really like the scavenger hunt idea! Things like "What's the name of (player)'s horse" or "What's (player)'s favorite color" would be impossible to look up on the internet. It would also increase traffic to people's kennel pages, which is good for those who have dogs/services for sale 8) And some people can ask questions like "Who bred the (breed) with the highest (stat)" that could be a little harder to find and worth better prizes. Maybe the scavenger hunt thing could run for a week, and have a certain number of questions of various difficulties. It could use a point system; the easier questions worth less and the harder questions worth more, and whoever earns the most points at the end of the week wins and comes up with the questions for the next week...
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*
  • bryson wrote:
    I like both these ideas... And I agree with Flash, I think even if you did get your answer from the internet or someone else, it would still keep the game going and be educational to all involved. I think for a game like that, prizes would have to be limited in value though, just because it wouldn't really be fair to type a question into a search engine and get a huge prize lol<br><br>I really like the scavenger hunt idea! Things like "What's the name of (player)'s horse" or "What's (player)'s favorite color" would be impossible to look up on the internet. It would also increase traffic to people's kennel pages, which is good for those who have dogs/services for sale 8) And some people can ask questions like "Who bred the (breed) with the highest (stat)" that could be a little harder to find and worth better prizes. Maybe the scavenger hunt thing could run for a week, and have a certain number of questions of various difficulties. It could use a point system; the easier questions worth less and the harder questions worth more, and whoever earns the most points at the end of the week wins and comes up with the questions for the next week...
    <br>Oh no learning! (Jokes, learnings good)<br>It would be too easy to win though. Youre right about the scavenger hunt i hadnt thought about how it might help vp players get attention to their kennels yay!
  • The scavenger hunt is an excellent idea, and could even be worked into the trivia game, if wanted. :) Then the prizes could be higher for harder questions. :)<br><br>Example:<br><br>Person A: Who holds the record for highest intelligence of German Shepherds? (Clue: They also own Top Dog #85. The person who correctly answers will win 150k.<br><br>Person B: Frostbight8! (Then continues to next question...)
    28vzhv7.jpg
  • <span style="color:#400080">I like the scavenger hunt idea a lot :D</span>
  • Trivia. :)<br>We often held that game on chat.<br>Just some random player would give out cash, dogs, trainings -- whatever -- to the first person with the right answer to their question.<br>We could arrange that again, and just have trivia nights.<br>Have a post on the Giveaway forums notifying people of the event. <br>Get donations from a few players -- and have ONE player, or maybe even a Mod, to run the trivia questions and award the prizes.<br>Or separate players can reserve a night (through the official board/topic, of course) to hold a trivia contest.<br>That way EACH person can contribute, without the fear of being scammed out of their items or whatnot.<br><br><br>As for the Scavenger Hunt idea,<br>That game could be easier played on the forums, than on chat.<br>I like the idea! I think it's pretty interesting.<br>But instead of making it ONE specific answer, maybe tailor the questions to be slightly more open ended?<br><br><ul class="bb-list-unordered">ie. Find a player who has a 10x4 rottweiler.<br></ul><br><br>The "hunters" can then take a screenshot as evidence and get awarded a certain amount of points.<br>Maybe 3-5 days per set of clues? Then on to the next one. Gotta make it a bit "fast" so that people don't have all the time in the world to get all the answers.<br>Different clues have different rewards -- the harder the clue, the more points a correct answer is worth.<br>You could even possibly deduct points for wrong answers. Say, if the question is worth 3pts and they answer the question wrong -- then they get -3pts added to their total score.<br>This would be a controlling factor and prevent people from just "guessing" on the harder questions due to the time limit. :)<br>Person with the most points at the end of 3-5days (whatever you choose), wins.<br>Two people with the same amount of points? Give the prize to the person who posted first. <br>Don't allow ANY edits to posts -- even for spelling mistakes.<br><br>Of course, coming up with decent prizes for the amount of work a scavenger hunt entails could be an issue.<br>Maybe have a committee put together to pool prizes/VPC? Dunno. <br>Funding a long-term scavenger hunt would be difficult.<br><br>But these are just ideas.<br>Thought I'd comment on this board since I like the idea of getting more people active on this site.<br>That.... and I'd like to breathe some life back into VPchat :]
    silence.jpg
  • The trivia one would e better ran on chat ,less time to cheat when its live and chat needs attention again, idd like to see the scav hunt happen and would happily help arrange the event and id donate to it as well as make graphics/banners for it :)
  • I, too, would be willing to donate VPC or any other needed items to help for the scavenger hunt idea. :) I think it's wonderful, and a great game for everyone to participate in!
    28vzhv7.jpg