Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pregnant Dogs Dying

edited February 2013 in Game Suggestions
Hey there,my suggestion is..That when you have say..a Golden Retriever,they live to 12 (ish) But if she is pregnant she soon gets too old and passes away,this is sooo very annoying especially if they are part of your line and you need it or she is one week away from her due date :/ So i was wondering if dogs could live just to give birth to their unborn pups :) Please tell me what you think :)<br><br>Thanks<br>Twisty
b997d351-3491-4ea5-9d6a-51edab03aeff_zps6df71861.jpg
See that dog in my signature? He's mine :))

Comments

• I understand the frustration of having dogs die while pregnant, as I've done breeds with shorter lifespans, but it's your responsibility to breed/birth them prior to their death. If it was a surprise "we don't know when they start dying" type of thing, I could understand; however, the lifespan doesn't change*, allowing a person to plan accordingly. You should give yourself about 10 turns per breeding that you want to do, so if your dog lives to 12 and you want 3 breedings, stop training at about 11.4.0. That will leave some tempting excess weeks, but if you cannot guarantee that the pups will be born prior to death, you probably shouldn't risk it. Save yourself the grief and neuter the female (retrieving that 500 bonus) and retire her on your terms.<br><br>* I just want to say that while the dogs might live 1-4 weeks after their lifespan date, this doesn't take away from the fact that the lifespans don't flex from that 12 year mark. Since those 1-4 weeks aren't guaranteed and they vary based on the individual dog, you can't plan for the actual death week.
    35ea329b-0292-43cf-beb5-41d1eb59699a_zpsc271b0c6.jpg
    On an indefinite hiatus.