Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Skills(specific breeding kennels)

Alright, this is my last suggestion, I promise. See if you can follow me here because its a little complicated but I think it would be great for the new major update.<br><br>What if there were new skills specifically for breeding kennels. Like you could put up to 100 fame points to master that specific skill just like every other skill now. Except these are ment to make a breeding kennel better at raising a specific stat. So youre kennel would be best at raising endurance, speed, strength, ect... It would be like an add on to grand master breeding. You could do the same thing with training kennels likje, they are best at grooming or RH'ing, raising loyalty stats faster or Agro faster to reach the 200 or 250 cap faster in that specific stat. <br><br>Even as I am thinking this I am saying "This is way to complicated" but hey, maybe it will make the game fun and more complicated. Or maybe I'm crazy haha. Let me know, yay or nay, no hard feelings lol :P<br><br>Thanks!
brutisbanner.png
Training Kennel Boarding Kennel Breeding Kennel Rescue/Collection Kennel
Read about and Participate in the VP Awards here please xD

Comments

• I really would like to see something like this, it'd be nice to be able to have more influence over specific stats. The way things are you just do the exact same training no matter what and hope when you breed the skill(s) you want increase. More control over specific stats would make better eventers, in my opinion.
    (SPIDERS!)
  • I agree, I have had some good herders... But their speed was too slow and I got kinda lazy and didn't want to spend hours training and breeding. It would be nice to have skill specific training and breeding.
  • This would be really awesome! It would help so much with lines and things. But it would be kind of..I don't know how to put it..unfair if you could change constantly from stat to stat. I think a good idea would be to limit the amount of times you can change the stats. Maybe..three like kennel changes?<br><br>If the above made any sense. :P
  • Or changing could cost a big chunk of vpc and fame points. It would help get vpc out of the vp economy, and get more people to show.
    (SPIDERS!)
  • I like the changing costing VPC! Another way to help the economy!
    brutisbanner.png
  • edited June 2011 74.75.7.4
    Not sure if I like this or not.. I'm leaning towards nay, but there is really no good reason for me to say no. Herding has gotten tough.. and I've started breeding again. An extra stat boost would actually help me, but I don't want it..<br><br>Does that make any sense or am I just being a buzz kill?
    FrostBite_zpsab645aba.png
  • Not sure if I like this or not.. I'm leaning towards nay, but there is really no good reason for it. Herding has gotten tough.. and I've started breeding again. An extra stat boost would actually help me, but I don't want it..<br><br>Does that make any sense or am I just being a buzz kill?
    <br><br><br>Yes that makes since Frost. No your not a buzz kill, Lol. I do understand its almost like the easy way out. When others have breed over countless generations to get higher stats like, Intel, Speed, Endurance, and so on. I am also so so on this addition.
    s5zspc.png
    My Kennel
    First 8x4's Belgian Laekenois
    First 9x4's Belgian Shepards
    First 10x4 Australian Silky Terriers
  • Not sure if I like this or not.. I'm leaning towards nay, but there is really no good reason for it. Herding has gotten tough.. and I've started breeding again. An extra stat boost would actually help me, but I don't want it..<br><br>Does that make any sense or am I just being a buzz kill?
    <br><br><br>Yes that makes since Frost. No your not a buzz kill, Lol. I do understand its almost like the easy way out. When others have breed over countless generations to get higher stats like, Intel, Speed, Endurance, and so on. I am also so so on this addition.
    <br><br>If someone already had the highest stats in something they could keep them even with this implemented. If it was put into the game I don't see it as something that would ever be allowed to make a huge difference, so I doubt it would cause record breaking stats in just a few generations. I just think it would be helpful to be able to pick the stats you want to focus on, to train and breed specific dogs to excel in specific events.
    (SPIDERS!)
    <br><br>What about those who have trained in countless generations but the wrong stats keep going up? I mean, lets face it, today breeding is almost all luck. There is very little skill in there. I just think it would be nice to focus on a specific skill, so the game knows that is the skill you are trying to bring up. I hate breeding for strength and speed and having to go through litterally a million generations before it finally starts getting the stats I want up. Maybe we could also still have an option to "focus on all stats" meaning there is no focus or boost to any stat at all. It would be nice to make breeding a little harder, maybe take some skill. It would make breeders more money and add another twist or challenge to the game.
    brutisbanner.png
  • I would say this is a good idea, but instead of being able to 'master' a stat, pay a certain amount of VPC ($25k maybe), or a certain number of fame points per litter, allowing you to pick one stat to possibly gain a boost in? There's be a button on the dam's page under the 'view sire' link, something like 'Stat Boost'. The litter would only gain a SMALL boost in the selected stat, but it'd be something. Then you'd have to pay again for the next litter, and would be allowed to select a different stat if you wish.<br>EDIT:<br><br>And maybe have it set up so you can only Stat Boost one litter per day, or the price doubles for every extra litter you boost that day. Something like that.
    2eldxsm.png
  • Kazuko wrote:
    I would say this is a good idea, but instead of being able to 'master' a stat, pay a certain amount of VPC ($25k maybe), or a certain number of fame points per litter, allowing you to pick one stat to possibly gain a boost in? There's be a button on the dam's page under the 'view sire' link, something like 'Stat Boost'. The litter would only gain a SMALL boost in the selected stat, but it'd be something. Then you'd have to pay again for the next litter, and would be allowed to select a different stat if you wish.<br>EDIT:<br><br>And maybe have it set up so you can only Stat Boost one litter per day, or the price doubles for every extra litter you boost that day. Something like that.
    <br><br><br>This is a good idea, I especially like the one litter a day or price doubling.. The boost would have to be extremely small, though. To keep it challenging.
  • Sorry, double post.
  • This is a good idea, I especially like the one litter a day or price doubling.. The boost would have to be extremely small, though. To keep it challenging.
    <br><br>Yeah, definitely. I was thinking between .3-1 point boost (between those numbers, the lowest boost is .3, the highest is 1point, but you can wind up with anything in between). It's a tiny amount, but for those who have been breeding forever, we know that's actually a rather helpful amount. xD
    2eldxsm.png
  • Yeah, .3-1point boost can be extremely helpful, that also seems like a reasonable amount. Also the paying money will help get VPC out of the game.
    brutisbanner.png
  • Yeah, and you'd only be able to use that ability if you had 100 fame in breeding as is.
    2eldxsm.png
  • Same. This is such an awesome idea. I'd upgrade a kennel to become a breeding in a heartbeat. ;D
  • I Like this idea, I dont breed and most likely never will but for the people that have sponsored breeding kennels it would be a major help. I hope this idea gets Passed ^-^ Good Luck!<br><br>~Icy
  • I REALLY like this idea, not just for breeding, but for training kennels to! Such as a boost for kennels who would like a boost in herding events, or mushing, etc!
    buckingtonsprinters_zps5bc8478b.png
  • Watch the dates when posting. This was from 2011.
This discussion has been closed.