Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A little lesson

edited December 2012 in Vent
A girl was having a problem, her feelings were hurt and she didn't know what to do, so she posts on the forums where there are people she really likes to get some feedback. In explaining her problem, she sorta lets out that she's 12 years old and that the problem is with someone she's romantically interested in.<br><br>A kind soul private messages her about the problem, commiserating with her and giving her advice. They become fast friends. In course of the next couple months, the "friend" discovers more about the girl, the area she lives in, the name of her school mascot, the first names of her best friends at school. And finally this "friend" has enough information to find this girl in real life and makes plans, without the girl knowing, to make a visit. <br><br>The girl is very surprised to discover her "friend" from online is a 30 year old man who intends to make her current problems go away. Her only problem now is the man intends to make them go away by giving her new problems and/or taking her away from any problems her friends and family might cause her forever.<br><br>End of story.<br><br>This is my last warning on the subject.. Do not talk about relationship problems, whether you intend to get feedback or not and do not give out information which gives your age. If you can't be smart enough to realize the danger for yourselves, then I will remove the danger by removing your ability to post the information in the first place.
<span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>

Comments

• Wow. Well said!
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • If it's okay, can I request a definition of "relationships"?<br>Are these relationships only intimate ones, or all interpersonal relationships like friends and family? A lot of people seem to post about difficulties with friends or family members, and so I'm curious if such topics are no longer allowed.
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • Mostly romantic relationships as they show the other person has an interest in such a thing.
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • I don't see why 12 year olds should be asking for relationship advice anyway... isn't that a little young to be romantically involved?
    (SPIDERS!)
  • It is..unfortunately, as the generations progress, the world revolves more around relationships and well, to keep it "safe", intimacy. People are becoming "active" at the age of middle school years. Same with the involvement in illicit drugs. We have freshmen in my high school who were pregnant from the previous Summer T.T
    Do you like my training? Reccommend me here =)
    Main/Training Kennel, Boarding Kennel, Breeding Kennel

~Visit my main kennel for links to my on going auctions~
  • I agree with Bean :( One of our seventh graders were pregnant. It seems like today's world revolves around this stuff :(<br><br>Well said Bama! Maybe it will catch some peoples attention!
  • i cant believe that happened ik and yes its ok to have friends on here and talk to them but they shouldnt know anything about ur personal life this is about dogs well said bama couldnt agree more
    COKE IS GONNA WIN PEPSI FAILS ITS THE CHEAP VERSION OF.................COKE IF U AGREE TELL ME IN UR NEXT COKE POST
  • <span style="font-weight:bold">Wow,that i total agree that is kind of scary to!!I hope the little girl doesn't live in fear !!</span>
    fendi.png
  • <span style="color:#FFFF00">wow! this real?</span>
    hx8z9d.png

I'm A Proud Directioner, Are You?
    Go One Direction!
    Go Directioners!
  • There are hundreds of stories online about teens and young people meeting strangers online and ending up kidnapped, abused and/or murdered. I myself have tracked down 2 players on this game who were giving out information in the game and called their parents or school, providing those adults with enough information to identify them, even though they never gave their full name, address or phone number. I could certainly have found their address and then it's a matter of using google maps to drive there and look for someone meeting their description or let them tell me where they might be going on any given day. If I could track them down with no more information than what they were giving and not leave the comfort of my home, I'm certain a predator intent on doing harm could certainly find them in real life.
This discussion has been closed.