Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

.Update Suggestions.

<span style="font-weight:bold">What would you like to be seen fixed/updated? Or any errors/spelling mistakes corrected. These ideas will go to Ari and Nate who will do what they can.</span> <br><span style="font-style:italic">Am starting this again as quite a few things were done on the other list, and would be nice for some fresh ideas.</span><br><span style="font-size:85"><span style="color:#0000BF"><br>- Able to accept contracts for $0 when cash is in the negatives<br>- Able to pull contracts at any time, aka get rid of the “expires one day, three days, one week” or have an option to have contracts be able to be pulled any time<br><br>- Breed pages - still have old VP layout, should be updated<br>- Breed pages > an expanded message board that pushes old posts to another page instead of deleting them<br>- Breed pages > a date stamp and time on messages posted on breed pages<br><br>- Change unnamed dogs to have dog number ie Puppy#12345.<br>- Being able to retire dogs at 6mo instead of over 1yr.<br>- Having a brood option - not for the actual process itself, but being able to let the general public know that you would be willing to lease out this dog for breeding purposes.<br><br>- Remove all dogs from boarding option for boarding kennels.<br>- Allow dogs to be boarded whilst on a contract<br>- To be able to put dogs that are listed for sale or stud into boarding, and keep them up for sale or stud. And be able to put dogs up for sale/stud when they're already in boarding without pulling them.<br>- Have better effects when boarding a dog.<br><br>- Prestige Kennels have a better eventing bonus because they're not too interesting besides the create 8 events per day, or/and able to event more dogs per virtual week/day.<br>- A Remove all dogs from club option (Prestige Kennels)<br><br>- Able to transfer available fame points between kennels (fame rating cannot be transferred)<br>- Make fame points that you use on dogs stats make a better difference.<br>- More use for fame.<br><br>- All accounts online show on community online list, but give kennels ability to turn off visibility<br>- When searching for a Specialty Kennel, if you click the Next 20 button it brings up all of the kennels on VP.<br><br>- Also, similar to how players cannot neuter dogs when there are bids on them, I think dogs should not be able to be released/retired while there are bids on them (the bids should have to be deleted first.) Especially when dogs are released, if you have a bid on them it shows up in your bookmarks but you cannot delete it.<br>- Being able to clear bookmarks on dogs. My bookmarks is currently filled with bookmarks from the old owner of the kennel.<br>- Something to let you know if your bid is declined on a dog<br><br>- being able to search events by what breed group they're for. Like being able to search for weight pull events for hounds, or flyball for the toy group, or mushing for the feral group<br>- I would like to see some type of trials on VP for eventing. Kinda VHR but more doggish, I guess.</span><br><br>- Super RH<br>- Fix/reinstate the option to donate VPC to rescue kennels<br>- Able to edit kennel layout even when no dogs are in the kennel<br>- Min/max $ search option<br>- An updated club list!<br>- The Welsh Water Dog also does not have a breed group, but I'm not sure if it needs one because it's a personal breed.<br>- When turning a dog in heat, it says, "Name Of Dog is in heat heat and ready to breed."<br>- Automatic transferring of dogs between linked kennels.<br>- Be able to lock your turns so you don't accidentally age dogs<br>- Transfer unmade imports between linked kennels<br>- Find a use for vaccinations. Currently they cost to use but do absolutely nothing.<br>- When you neuter/release a dog and that dog had pups before it was nuetered, you can't just view its bloodlines to view all the pups for some reason. nothing shows up, correct so they do show up whether neutered or entire.<br>- when retiring a dog, it says "dog has gone to retirement retirement center". There should only be one retirement...<br><br><br>- It would be nice to have the option to purchase a sponsor account for less than a full year (e.g. 6 months, 3 months, 1 month options). <span style="color:blue">Done</span><br>- The option to buy more changes for sponsors with USD.<span style="color:blue">Done</span><br>- Help files also still have the old layout and haven't been updated in a while <span style="color:#4000BF">Done</span><br>- Upgrade VP forums to PHPBB3 <span style="color:blue">Done</span><br>- Disable comments on the breed info pages, or at least delete all current messages. <span style="color:#4000FF">Done</span><br>- Date stamps on Private Messages in game. <span style="color:blue">Done</span><br>- Can we please have the bug fixed that makes all pups born in a breeding kennel be in heat? <span style="color:#4000FF">Done</span><br></span><br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Spelling corrections:</span><br><span style="font-size:85"><br><span style="font-style:italic">- Aarwolf should be spelt Aardwolf <br>- When you use an incorrect username/password combination or don't have cookies enabled, on that page it says "Cookies must be enables!" It should say "Cookies must be enabled!" <br>- Cattle Herding instead of Cattle Hearding in events<br>- King Charles Cavilier Spaniel should be; Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. (Or at least change the 'Cavilier' to 'Cavalier'.)<br>- Neopolitan Mastif should have 2 F's.<br>- TyrannoMastiff should have a space between the words.<br>- Wolf, Arctic should be changed to Arctic Wolf.<br>- Ferril really should be changed to Feral<br>- victem (Suppose to be Victim) [I Found it on the main Page (Where you can find the imports if your a sponsor) Its the second to last paragraph the sentence reads: "We do not promise getting the victem their playcash/losses back"] <br>- On the contracts page: "A lease contract is an automated contract between you and another player over a dog. As a dog owner, you initially create the lease offer, (and) when the other party accepts the contract, the dog is automatically transfered to their stable (kennel). You may claim your dog back when the time expires for the expiration period. If the turns expire, the dog will automatically be transfered (transferred) back to your stable (kennel).<br>Protection These (these) contracts provide: "<br>-On the front page: "Veteren (Veteran) Rewards are here!"<br>- In the help files: <br>(Current spelling) → (Correct Spelling)<br>Intelegence → Intelligence<br>Addaptibility → Adaptability</span><br></span>
8ekcsqs.jpg
^ Click for comics

Comments

• edited January 2010 205.143.222.115
    Aarwolf should be spelled Aar<span style="font-weight:bold">d</span>wolf<br><br>I would be nice to have one name system for breed variations. As it stands now there are some that have this format:<br>Breed , Size<br>While others use a different format that is frankly easier to ready quickly:<br>Breed (Size)<br>
    <br><br>I believe that a kennel sort option would be VERY nice, especially for breed lines. I think the option should show up under kennel management and have at least these options:<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Kennel Sort</span><br>by Breed (A-Z)<br>by Breed (Z-A)<br>by Name (A-Z)<br>by Name (Z-A)<br>by Age
    2yyqbuf.png
    Due to lack of interest tomorrow is canceled. Let the clocks be reset and the pendulums held.
  • I would like to see a Super RH.. that would be the.best.ever.
    344dzdc.jpg
  • When you use an incorrect username/password combination or don't have cookies enabled, on that page it says "Cookies must be enables!" It should say "Cookies must be enabled!"<br><br>I know there are some breed ones. I'll look them up later.
  • <a href="http://virtualpups.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=63994"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://virtualpups.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=63994</a><br>I would love to see this added!<br><br>This is just a little thing but under giveaways on the forums it says horses instead of dogs. I assume that's because it was copied from VHR....
    14xmkg0.png
    Goals: 13/50million VPC
  • Second the price range.<br>I think they also have it on SBF. Could be wrong though.
    Sweatshirts - the best way of showing school spirit without getting off the couch
  • Pepper97 wrote:
    Second the price range.<br>I think they also have it on SBF. Could be wrong though.
    <br><br>*nodds* I agree, VHR has the price range option so why shoul othr orbisworld game not have it?
    drago.png
  • I think quite a few people liked this, and there has been several posts, but for dogs to be able to be put into boarding whils on a contract..
    Coldplay4.jpg

Please PM me if I win anything.
    - Reached 9x4 Tibetan Terriers & 9x4 Kashmiri Sheepdogs.
    Want help with graphics making? Just PM me!
    6/40
  • Cattle Herding needs to be spelled Cattle Herding instead of Cattle Hearding in events.
    344dzdc.jpg
  • Make fame points that you use on dogs stats make a better difference.<br><br>(Tarns idea . I just posted it ^^)
    KENDALLDREAMY.png
  • I'd like to see the dogs that are up for sale, not show up when you're trying to event dogs.<br><br>Most people have TONS of dogs, some over 1k. And when they're up for sale, it gets pretty annoying when they're on the list for eventing. So I was wondering if we could have an option where you can show dogs that are for sale when eventing, or have it turned off, so you can only see dogs that are not for sale. Having an option to show the dogs that are in boarding or have that turned off while eventing would be helpful too... Im not sure if Im explaining it right, but feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to explain it better.
    Dodger.gif
    Stolen 6.3.2009. Hoping everyday to finally be reunited with my baby. I miss you Dodger!
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:darkred"><span style="font-weight:bold">King Charles Cavilier Spaniel</span> should be; <span style="font-weight:bold">Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.</span><br>Or at least change the 'Cavilier' to 'Cavalier'.<br><br>Neopolitan Mastif should have 2 F's.<br>TyrannoMastiff should have a space between the words.<br>Wolf, Arctic should be changed to Arctic Wolf.</span></span>
    4v1rix.jpg
  • Ferril really should be changed to <span style="font-weight:bold">Feral</span>. It's only been five <span style="font-style:italic">years</span>, guys. <br><br><br>A minor sticking point, but do we have to wait for dogs to be 1yr, 1wk old before being able to retire them? I'm sure by seven/eight months of age you know whether or not a dog is turning out well or not, and even if you're throwing it onto the marketplace as a pity-toss or something, it still needs feeding until it's bought, or your training stops until it's sold. Does it have to keep sucking off of you at $15 a week for an additional 6 months? ($345 a head, which isn't really too bad, but it adds up after a while *eyes that Finance page*.) Maybe make it a Sponsor-only perk, perhaps?<br><br>Oh, and I'd also like dates on message while on VP. You know, so you know how appropriately apologetic to be after you've been yelled at for snubbing someone who's message you didn't even see. :oops:
    Friendly until crossed. Consider yourself warned.
    Doberman Pinschers [Sponsor Training]
    VPNHC.gif
  • World Spelled Wrong: <br><br>Spelled: victem (Suppose to be Victim)<br><br>I Found it on the main Page (Where you can find the imports if your a sponsor) Its the second to last paragraph <br><br>the sentence reads: "<span style="text-decoration:underline">We do not promise getting the victem their playcash/losses back</span>"
  • Ok have added things to the OP, any more suggestions?
    8ekcsqs.jpg
    ^ Click for comics
  • Breed pages - still have old VP layout, should be updated<br>Inconsistent breed colors: discrepancies between "&" and "and", "w" and "with"<br><br>Help files also still have the old layout and haven't been updated in a while.. maybe VP players could volunteer to update it?<br><br>On the contracts page:<br>A lease contract is an automated contract between you and another player over a dog. As a dog owner, you initially create the lease offer, (<span style="font-weight:bold">and</span>) when the other party accepts the contract, the dog is automatically transfered to their stable (<span style="font-weight:bold">kennel</span>). You may claim your dog back when the time expires for the expiration period. If the turns expire, the dog will automatically be transfered <span style="font-weight:bold">(transferred</span>) back to your stable (<span style="font-weight:bold">kennel)</span>.<br>Protection These (<span style="font-weight:bold">these</span>) contracts provide:<br><br>On the front page:<br>Veteren (<span style="font-weight:bold">Veteran</span>) Rewards are here! <br><br>The Welsh Water Dog also does not have a breed group, but I'm not sure if it needs one because it's a personal breed. <br><br>It would be nice to have the option to purchase a sponsor account for less than a full year (e.g. 6 months, 3 months, 1 month options).<br><br>Having a brood option - not for the actual process itself, but being able to let the general public know that you would be willing to lease out this dog for breeding purposes.
  • <span style="font-size:75">Refresh the <a href="http://www.virtualpups.com/help.php"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">Help Files</a>.<br>It was last refreshed in '04, a little out of date. xD</span>
  • Help failes have some Spelling mistakes. <br>This could fall under the Help file updates but I thought i'd throw them out there.<br><span style="color:olive">(Current spelling)</span> → <span style="color:indigo">(Correct Spelling)</span><br><span style="color:olive">Intelegence</span> → <span style="color:indigo">Intelligence</span><br><span style="color:olive">Addaptibility</span> → <span style="color:indigo">Adaptability</span>
    2ho8ar9.jpg
    --
    85.9-15
    we will see
    Please Pm me if I win
  • The spellings in italics have been corrected ^_^ At long bloody last! <br><br>I think Bama has a new post for spellings, so post there if you find any errors, but you can still post here for any glitches you would like fixed or any updates you would like to see added to the game.<br>=D
    8ekcsqs.jpg
    ^ Click for comics
  • in resuce kennel the word "original" has two "r"'s in it. it says "orriginal"
  • When turning a dog in heat, it says, "Name Of Dog is in <span style="text-decoration:underline">heat heat</span> and ready to breed."
  • :arrow: :arrow: <br><br>No new suggestions? Bit of a shock since you were all complaining about VP needing some improvement >.>
    8ekcsqs.jpg
    ^ Click for comics
  • When searching for a <span style="font-style:italic">Specialty Kennel</span>, if you click the <span style="font-style:italic">Next 20</span> button it brings up all of the kennels on VP.<br><br>Being able to <span style="font-style:italic">clear bookmarks on dogs.</span> My bookmarks is currently filled with bookmarks from the old owner of the kennel.<br><br>An <span style="font-style:italic">updated club list!</span>
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png
  • Remove all dogs from boarding option for boarding kennels.<br><br>The option to buy more changes for sponsors with USD.
    Ven.png
  • Something to let you know if your bid is declined on a dog<br><br>An option to let sponsers choose if they want to be shown on the "Who's Online Now" list
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png
  • Can we <span style="font-weight:bold">please</span> have the bug fixed that makes all pups born in a breeding kennel be in heat? I know I might be weird, but I find it <span style="font-weight:bold">really</span> disturbing lol.
    seaoats_insanityban.png
  • Xaetian wrote:
    Can we <span style="font-weight:bold">please</span> have the bug fixed that makes all pups born in a breeding kennel be in heat? I know I might be weird, but I find it <span style="font-weight:bold">really</span> disturbing lol.
    <br><br>Lol, I was thinking this today whilst breeding my dogs. Was a little creepy and misleading since on their page they are not able to breed XD
    8ekcsqs.jpg
    ^ Click for comics
  • I would like to see some type of trials on VP for eventing. Kinda VHR but more doggish, I guess. <br><br>Its a kinda random suggestion I guess
    mainecoon.gif
  • To be able to put dogs that are listed for sale or stud into boarding, and keep them up for sale or stud. And be able to put dogs up for sale/stud when they're already in boarding without pulling them.<br><br>Also, similar to how players cannot neuter dogs when there are bids on them, I think dogs should not be able to be released/retired while there are bids on them (the bids should have to be deleted first.) Especially when dogs are released, if you have a bid on them it shows up in your bookmarks but you cannot delete it.
  • Aziu wrote:
    To be able to put dogs that are listed for sale or stud into boarding, and keep them up for sale or stud. And be able to put dogs up for sale/stud when they're already in boarding without pulling them.<br><br>Also, similar to how players cannot neuter dogs when there are bids on them, I think dogs should not be able to be released/retired while there are bids on them (the bids should have to be deleted first.) Especially when dogs are released, if you have a bid on them it shows up in your bookmarks but you cannot delete it.
    <br><br>And to have leases on dogs in boarding
    robanner_zps46f75ebe.png
  • Have fixed the list that sort of died when forums changed. Added all the suggestions from the old forums too.
    8ekcsqs.jpg
    ^ Click for comics