Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darky's Training Tips (More Added)

edited February 2013 in Tips & Tricks
Yeah, Darky has decided to make some training tips.<br><br>If you want to become a Sponsor Trainer, please do the following first:<br><br>-Get 100 in the training Skill. This helps you train faster. Also, it comes in handy when attracting customers. <br><br>-Get Refs. Refs are people who trust you. They can be people you trained for, friends, etc etc. Just make sure they know they are a ref.<br><br>-Examples. Train some dogs you bought for a low price, and get the hang of it, and use them as training examples.<br><br>Training may bring in the money, but it's time consuming, and you have to get a better Reputation by training all the time.<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="text-decoration:underline">Training in Skills</span></span><br><br><span style="color:red">Disc: Groom until 20, Potty train until maxed. Potty train gives you a little bit more loyalty.</span><br><br><span style="color:green">Show: Sit until 5, Stay until max. Stay raises your mood, which helps out a lot</span><br><br><span style="color:blue">Sport: Fetch until 5, Retrieve until max. Retrieve also raises your mood.</span><br><br><span style="color:indigo">Work: Use either: Object ID all the way, or Object ID until 20, Wearing a Harness until maxed. I use either one.</span><br><br><span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="text-decoration:underline">Other Training Tips</span></span><br><br>-Always do the skills in 100 before 80. <br>Example:<br>Disc-100<br>Work-100<br>Sport-80<br>First do Disc & Work, then follow up with sport.<br><br>-If you need to max stats without aggro, use groom, it's a lot easier then condition training.<br><br>-If you need to max stats with aggro, use RH to max stats. It may take longer, but it raises aggro.<br><br>-To raise stats, without aggro, groom for extra years. After you have the dog skill & stat maxed, I usually groom for an adition 5 years or more or less, depending on the dog breed. <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="text-decoration:underline">What to train dogs in</span></span><br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Sporting Dogs</span> Train in: 100 sport, 100 work, 80 disc, all stats to 200 with aggro.<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Non-Sporting Dogs</span> Train in: 100 disc, 100 show, 80 work, all stats to 200 without aggro. <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Racing Hounds</span> These would be the dogs that you use for racing, in the hound catagory. Train in: 100 sport, 100 work, 80 disc, all stats to 200 with aggro. <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Tracking Hounds</span> These would be the hounds that do not race. Train in: 100 disc, 100 work, 80 sport, all stats to 200 w/ aggro<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Herding</span> Train in: 100 disc, 100 work, 80 sport, all stats to 200 without aggro<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Toy</span> Train in: 100 disc, 100 show, 80 sport, all stats to 200 without aggro <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Working</span> Train in: 100 work, 100 disc, 80 sport, all stats to 200 with aggro <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Lupis</span> Train in: 100 work, 100 disc, 80 sport, all stats to 200 with aggro <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Ferril</span> Train in: 100 work, 100 disc, 80 sport, all stats to 200 with aggro <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Terrier</span> Train in: 100 disc, 100 show, 80 sport, all stats to 200 without aggro <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="text-decoration:underline">Events to enter dogs in</span></span><br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Sporting dogs</span> Canine Disc, Flyball, Racing, Agility, Hunting, Weight-Pulling, Tracking, Mushing, Herding, Schutzhund, Dock Jumping <span style="font-weight:bold">*</span> <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Non-Sporting</span> Obedience, Showmanship, Weight-Pulling, Tracking, Mushing, Schutzhund <span style="font-weight:bold">*</span> <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Hounds</span> Racing, Agility, Flyball, Canine Disc, Weight Pulling, Tracking, Mushing, Hunting, Herding, Tracking, Dock Jumping<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Herding</span> Herding, Agility, Flyball, Canine Disc, Tracking, Weight Pulling, Mushing, Hunting, Schutzhund, Dock Jumping <span style="font-weight:bold">*</span> <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Toy</span> Obedience, Showmanship, Agility(if it is for Toys only) Flyball(if it is for Toys only) <span style="font-weight:bold">*</span> <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Working</span> Tracking, Weight Pulling, Herding, Hunting, Schutzhund, Mushing, Flyball, Canine Disc, Dock Jumping, Agility <span style="font-weight:bold">*</span> <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Lupis</span> Mushing, Weight-Pulling, Herding, Hunting, Schutzhund, Tracking, Flyball, Canine Disc, Dock Jumping, Agility <span style="font-weight:bold">*</span> <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Ferril</span> Mushing, Weight-Pulling, Herding, Hunting, Schutzhund, Tracking, Flyball, Canine Disc, Dock Jumping, Agility <span style="font-weight:bold">*</span> <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Terrier</span> Showmanship, Obedience (Pit Bulls do good in Weight Pulling & Schutzhund if aggro is 200) <span style="font-weight:bold">*</span> <br><br>Enter your dog in those events listed, and find out which one it does best in.<br><br>For the dogs with the <span style="font-weight:bold">*</span> after it, it means that those dogs will do good in Conformation if the dog is an import/foundation and if aggro is low.<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="text-decoration:underline">Working on Lines</span></span><br><br>I can't tell you how to breed the dogs, how many imports you need, or anything like that. I have never really gotten 10x4's, I'm still trying to figure it out with Akena.<br><br>Once I have it figured out, I will tell you.<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="text-decoration:underline">Long Training</span></span><br><br>This will be coming soon, where I will tell you every single step to training a dog, very time consuming.<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="text-decoration:underline">How to keep track of examples</span></span><br><br>Open <span style="font-style:italic">Wordpad</span> or <span style="font-style:italic">Notebook</span><br>Make groups. As in: Grooming <br>(list examples) [5 years]<br>280/200 training w/ aggro<br>(list examples)<br>Next to the grooming examples, put how many years you've groomed. :-D<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="text-decoration:underline">Competition Level</span></span><br>(I know a lot of people know this, but still posting it)<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Junior</span> Under 300<br><span style="font-weight:bold">Novice</span> 299-1000 <br><span style="font-weight:bold">Regional</span> 999-5000<br><span style="font-weight:bold">National</span> 4999-15000<br><span style="font-weight:bold">International</span> 14999 and higher<br><br>I got this off the help guide<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">More Training Tips</span><br><br>-If you want to raise loyalty, groom or Potty train.<br>-If you want to raise aggression, RH.<br>-If you want to raise stats, without aggression, groom.<br>-If you want to raise stats with aggression, RH.<br>-If you don't want a high aggression, but don't want aggression to become very lower, Groom but RH when needed.<br>-Don't exhaust your dog, it lowers loyalty by 4.<br>-Don't condition train<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">More coming</span><br>-Darky

Comments

• Very helpful ^^ Would it be possible to get tips on how to train dogs for specific events? You'd have the ultimate training guide! :D
    Bye.
  • can we get some tips on raising arrgo? is their anything beside rhing?<br><br> also what are ways to train to raise stats for breeding
    dogqurrn.gif

Refs
    adaaw
  • Very helpful ^^ Would it be possible to get tips on how to train dogs for specific events? You'd have the ultimate training guide! :D
    <br><br><br>You mean like..for Flyball..train dog in: disc, sport, work..like stuff like that?
  • dogqueen wrote:
    can we get some tips on raising arrgo? is their anything beside rhing?<br><br> also what are ways to train to raise stats for breeding
    <br><br><br>I don't think there is anything besides RHing to raise aggro. <br><br>And what do you mean by raising stats for breeding?
  • what i mean by that is training guide to get 10x4s like what ways will help to get them faster, and different training techniques that will help dogs
    dogqurrn.gif

Refs
    adaaw
    <br><br><br>You mean like..for Flyball..train dog in: disc, sport, work..like stuff like that?
    <br><br>Yeah but I made my own earlier ^^;
    Bye.
  • Well, I added tons more stuff :-D
  • For my line of Brazilian Terriers, I used 18 imports. It was my first line of dogs. I did reach 10x4's.
    animal_34.jpg
  • I use 8 imports to a line. 4 pairs. You breed them, you get 2 pairs, breed them, you get 1 pair. Breed them, you get a dog. Hopefully a 10x4, if not. Do another line. Clean. I'm at 7x4s with my cairns with this technique
    2mhssbd.png
  • I will use this.
    2007_07Slushies1Kelsey1.gif
    2.jpg
    Good luck with your mom, Moony!
  • THANKS SO MUCH I closed sponsor training for the public because it took my like 1 hour just to skill max, but thanks to you I can do one full training in 30mins or less. Thanks ever so much! :D
  • to tia:I used it to train kazzy's greyhound giftie and my cerbie and will by <br><br><br>to vic: :P
    ccf3ec1cafcdf67c83857705ffcc4d77-d5ztjco.gif
  • i learned how to train a dog in one hour and can train it in only 20-30minutes. thanks :D
    first to train and breed Plagued Poodles. reached 2x4 in first breeding, need more imports in order to carry on lines
    Fall.png
  • Ooo.. I didn't even realise this was here (this post)<br><br><br>Thanks Darky!
  • here is some more info you could add to your post:<br><br>For RHing:<br><br># of RHings : [endurance number]<br>getting 1 Rhings in : 56 ish<br>getting 2 RHings in : 112 ish<br>getting 3 RHings in : 168 ish
    Please PM me if something happens
    2008_04Anim1OkanaganGurl1.gif
    oka.gif
  • could you list what events need high agro and what events need low agro?
    first to train and breed Plagued Poodles. reached 2x4 in first breeding, need more imports in order to carry on lines
    Fall.png
  • Bedlington, there's already an event guide here somewhere ;3
    Bye.
  • This stuff was soo helpful! Thanks for taking the time to write this, I know it can take a while. Do you think next time you could put a guide that has to do with raising stats?? For example:<br><br>To raise stats in agression: RH<br>To raise stats in loyalty: PF<br><br>That'd be great if you made a guide like that! :D
  • do you know how I might go about raising the adaptability higher than 200 (have to get it up to 550 somehow)<br><br>much appreciated :D<br>-Rose
    WHITECHRISTMASSIG1.png

(email/msn is now posted, so add me, but make sure to let me know who you are :] )
  • Stick your dogs in boarding
    skizzy.png
  • thank you very much Zoe :)
    WHITECHRISTMASSIG1.png

(email/msn is now posted, so add me, but make sure to let me know who you are :] )
  • Can I please Change the Name of this to The VP Training Bible LOL.<br><br>Thanks Again!
    21b53wy.png
    15/100 mill
  • This has been a great amount of help!! Thank you! :P
    SmiLe :)

fightorflight_zpsveosejjv.jpg 
  • my dog is in the herding group and got 2nd place in assistance trials with 166.8 aggro and is doing awesome so u might want to add that
    hx8z9d.png

I'm A Proud Directioner, Are You?
    Go One Direction!
    Go Directioners!
  • Bookmarking.<br><br>Thank you this is helpful!
    fendi.png
  • <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">More Training Tips</span><br><br>-If you want to raise loyalty, groom or Potty train.<br>-If you want to raise aggression, RH.<br>-If you want to raise stats, without aggression, groom.<br>-If you want to raise stats with aggression, RH.<br>-If you don't want a high aggression, but don't want aggression to become very lower, Groom but RH when needed.<br>-Don't exhaust your dog, it lowers loyalty by 4.<br>-Don't condition train<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">More coming</span><br>-Darky
    <br><br>I've actually found condition training useful. In stat maxes w/o aggro, each turn I condition once then groom/potty train once or twice. This raises stats a little less quickly (like 1 point per turn grooming vs 0.9points w/condition) but saves from having to hit "Repeat" 5 times every turn. Grooming also works, it just gets a little tedious especially if you're training multiple dogs at a time.
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*
  • bryson wrote:
    <br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">More Training Tips</span><br><br>-If you want to raise loyalty, groom or Potty train.<br>-If you want to raise aggression, RH.<br>-If you want to raise stats, without aggression, groom.<br>-If you want to raise stats with aggression, RH.<br>-If you don't want a high aggression, but don't want aggression to become very lower, Groom but RH when needed.<br>-Don't exhaust your dog, it lowers loyalty by 4.<br>-Don't condition train<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">More coming</span><br>-Darky
    <br><br>I've actually found condition training useful. In stat maxes w/o aggro, each turn I condition once then groom/potty train once or twice. This raises stats a little less quickly (like 1 point per turn grooming vs 0.9points w/condition) but saves from having to hit "Repeat" 5 times every turn. Grooming also works, it just gets a little tedious especially if you're training multiple dogs at a time.
    <br><br>There is a Super Groom option in the dropdown box that allows you to do a groom 6X per turn (rather than press repeat) its very useful if endy is over 140
    forum_by_behold_the_survivor-d65hr8n.jpg
    Staircase from Malleni Stock at DeviantArt
This discussion has been closed.