Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boarding Not Raising A/C?

I've recently bred my future Flyball team and entered them in Boarding a few weeks ago. I check my boarding 3-5 times per day, every day. I've found that their a/c hasn't been raised at all... I recorded their beginning stats and the date I entered them into boarding and saved that in the notes. (I do this with all of my future show dogs.) <br><br>Here's one of the dogs: <a href="http://virtualpups.com/index.php?r=dog/view&id=2479498"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://virtualpups.com/index.php?r=dog/view&id=2479498</a><br>Her notes say she was entered into boarding on 12/7/13 and her beginning a/c was... <br><br>a) 205.1<br>c) 204.6<br><br>I'm aware that the stats increase quite slowly, but the fact that they haven't improved at all over the course of three weeks is a bit unusual... Does anyone happen to know why?
28vzhv7.jpg
All Time Low Kennel Branches: Boarding. Prestige. Breeding. Giftie. Holding.

Comments

• Sometimes when you board dogs in your own kennel they do not gain in A/C. If you don't mind the expense, try boarding them in another players' kennel as that might work to increase A/C.
  • I considered that might be the issue. It's still a bit strange, though, considering that I've always boarded all my dogs in my own boarding and no problems have ever occurred before. The two kennels aren't even connected... I'll try moving them into another players' kennel. :) Thanks for the tip!
    28vzhv7.jpg
  • For me, every dog has been different, some increase very fast and some stay around 210. Especially my GSDs, if I wanted a high A/C GSD I'd need to buy it, because none of my dogs gain A/C quickly.
    FrostBite_zpsab645aba.png
  • <span style="color:#400080">I also board all my dogs (especially future eventers) in my own boarding kennel. About 90% of them gain very quickly, about 1 point in a/c every 1-3 days, with me checking my boarding kennel once or twice a day. But occassionally there will be that one stubborn dog, it can be the same breed and stats, bred in the same kennel, kept in the same kennel, and boarded in the same kennel as another dog, but while the other dog steadily improves, that one dog won't improve at all. I have had dogs in boarding for 3 months not gain a single point... Sometimes if I just take the dog out and put it right back in that works, some times I have to put the dog in someone else's boarding, sometimes there's nothing I can do to make the dog gain a/c, no idea why that is :| </span>
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*
  • Hm... Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought it was a bit strange or the only one it occurs to. I suppose I'll try moving them into a different kennel and re-entering them in boarding from there. One of the strangest parts, however, is that the problem is occurring to only these four dogs of mine. All the others are fine. :| Guess I'll just have to experiment with them. I hope I'll find something that works. Thanks!
    28vzhv7.jpg
  • Maybe it doesn't increase on dogs that are in events?
    8ekcsqs.jpg
    ^ Click for comics
  • ive had dogs in boarding that havent increased at all and theyve been kn boarding for weeks to months ive also had ones that have only gained very small amounts no matter what boarding kennels i put them
    ivyfallscredit_by_perseusjs-d68vr5v.png
    And i belive that half the time i am a wolf amoung the sheep gnawing at the wool over my eyes
  • Well, it's been a few days and I've noticed something else a bit odd. Most of the recent dogs I've bred haven't been gaining any a/c stats in boarding, either. I've checked on my new mushing team, future event dogs, and my the dogs entered in the USDC. I switched the boarding kennel on my Flyball team from the original post and haven't noticed any improvement, although the person who owns the kennel states they check often. <br><br>Edit: I've also noticed that, even after checking boarding from my own facility, the dogs in my prestige kennel are not gaining anything in grooming or mood. I have to train their mood and grooming before I can enter them in boarding if I want them to do good in events that are partially judged on those factors. <br><br>I just find this a bit odd, considering I've never experienced this until recently. It seems that no matter what I do, no recently bred dogs of mine are having their stats raised in boarding kennels, no matter the boarding facility they are in.
    28vzhv7.jpg
  • I have noticed this too... Finding it frustrating
    endurance_collie_by_perseusjs-d68vnzn.png
  • <span style="color:#400080">You know what, I noticed months ago that my dogs' mood and grooming wouldn't improve like they're apparently supposed to. I'll have to check and see if my more recently boarded dogs have been gaining a/c at a normal rate...</span>
    forumbanner_zpsa9ecc997.png
    BBB Kennels: *~* Training *~* Breeding *~* Sales *~* Showing *~* Boarding *~*