Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Never Again!

edited November 2013 in Vent
Never again will I ever sell unneutered dogs from my lines. Awhile back I reached 10x4 Mi-kis and I decided to auction a couple off. Long story short, I was checking up on them today and I found that one of the dogs didn't even belong to the same person I originally sold it to AND...the dog is now up for stud! I'm seriously so mad. When I sell my line dogs, I sell them with absolutely no breeding rights...EVER! Needless to say, I will never sell a line dog unneutered to anyone again, trusted or not, because the person I sold it to was very trusted by me, but she sold it to another player and now, there is another 10x4 mi-ki up for stud that is crossbred in to my lines! I'm just so mad!!! :x :x :x In your opinion, what should I do? I already pm'd both players regarding taking the dogs down from being studs and I'm considering trying to buy them back... Any thoughts?
xq7f6.jpg

Comments

• I am very sad/sorry to hear this happened to you. Players like that make it hard for the players that keep their promises.
    NaciesForumBanner.jpg
  • Several years ago, I bred the first 10x4 Australian Shepherd. I immediately sold several intact, not giving any thought to what might happen. A few weeks thereafter, I found that nearly everyone had my bloodlines and had trashed my work. After that, I made a promise to myself to never sell an intact dog that I wasn't prepared to see bred at some point. Today, I can count the number of players I trust (with intact dogs) on one hand.<br><br>While I am sorry for this happening to you, please know that player rules are not enforceable. Once you sell a dog, it is no longer yours to control. If you contact the other players, and it comes off the wrong way, they're able to report you. You can offer to buy them, but you cannot tell them what to do with the dogs. So tread very lightly. If they say no, as much as it's going to make you upset, you'll want to drop it there. Nothing is worth the risk of getting a mark on your record for harassment.<br><br>For future reference, and this goes for anyone, but always assume that the intact dog you sell will be bred. Always assume that the dog in question will be sold or rescued at some point in time, and always assume that the breeding will be reckless. Always assume that everyone in the world cannot be trusted completely. I know that sounds negative and pessimistic, but in some cases, it's better to be prepared for the worst than to be disappointed if something happens.
    35ea329b-0292-43cf-beb5-41d1eb59699a_zpsc271b0c6.jpg
    On an indefinite hiatus.
  • Is the original player you sold them to still active? It could have been that they got rescued, and player made rules obviously are just that - and not reinforced by the ops. So the new owner didn't know anything different and just wanted to breed some for themselves.<br><br>You can't force players to play the game the way you want them to :)
    8ekcsqs.jpg
    ^ Click for comics
  • Unfortunately, it happens to all of us at some point. I think, building on what's already been said, it comes down to courtesy, and you hope that people do as you've asked, but it is not guaranteed. I keep tabs on every dog I've ever sold that is of bloodline importance to me, and for the most part, if they're sold, I'll attempt to buy it back.
    FrostBite_zpsab645aba.png
  • I've never really understood the whole selling intact without breeding rights concept. As already said, as soon as a dog is sold, it's no longer yours and the player can do as they wish with it. Best thing is always to neuter when giving away dog of important lines, but sometimes we have to learn the hard way :/
    ewz_zps041071af.png
  • The problem has been taken care of through talking and cooperating.
    xq7f6.jpg