Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any other Walking Dead Fans?

edited November 2012 in General Discussion
Ive been huge fan for some time, even though its been kind of slow, I knew it would pick up due to the comics and last nights episode with Loris Labor is what pulled me in all the way. I was never a fan of her and wanted her off, but that was a heart breaking way to go out. As for the governer...he gives me the creeps. <br><br>*** SPOILER**<br>It dosent help that I already know a spoiler that the governer feeds walkers of his loved ones in secret...ew
fatbaby.png

Comments

• I like it but I`ve only seen the first season so far. Now that season 2 is on Netflix I`ll be watching it soon. Revolution is also a good show.
    ori_zps9dc2c8d8.png
  • Oh my goodness, if your just starting season two, you have no clue how amazing it is yet. Once you hit season 3, it gets ten times better, more crazy, but still realistic. <br> Ive only watched bits and pieces of Revolution and I think the idea is pretty intriguing , but I find the actors bad and just the whole thing seems...I don't know it just doesn't pull me in. Maybe its just the actors, but I feel like even though the plot idea is unique, everything else is stolen in a way. Theres really no special characters (though I still call Jason's dad Gus because of Breaking bad, love him) or story lines. The whole shows been chasing after her brother. I feel as though the creators were trying to invent a new "Lost" when really something as good as that can only come around once in a blue moon.
    fatbaby.png
  • Been watching since episode 1. :3 Last night was hard, but not because of Lori (never liked her). I feel bad for Carl and for the other person who died (Don't wanna name names, as it is a spoiler).
    GKEBannerRESIZE_zps822c8535.jpg
  • I was never fond of Lori either, I feel as though every major problem somehow stems back to her and Carl. Ive been rooting for her depart since day one, but last night brought a tear to my eye. I usually ball about everything, but since it was Lori, she just gets one tear haha.<br> As for the other death, they were a god character but I wont miss them to much since they really, in my opinion, weren't a big part of the story line. <br> Just a guess- I wonder if Maggies going to sort of take over raising the baby? And how will raising it even be possible with no souce of food for such a young infant, the only nursing mothers dead now! And last I checked there wansnt any cans of formula laying around a prison.
    fatbaby.png
  • I am the biggest walking dead fan seen every episode and I try not to ever miss one. But I despise Carl and Lori. I'm happy that she's finally dead she was the biggest hypocrite. When the other character died I was mad, but they went out like a champ. But the Governor reminds me of Hershel dealing with the walkers any way. I like how Rick went the Shane route where theirs no questions asked he just gets rid of people, I love crazy Rick.
    s5zspc.png
    My Kennel
    First 8x4's Belgian Laekenois
    First 9x4's Belgian Shepards
    First 10x4 Australian Silky Terriers
  • Other character was so bro. My boyfriend and I really wanted them to become a bigger character and just waaaaaited and waited for it to happen. Carl annoyed me now when he just risks himself cuz "I'm so bad blah blah". Lori was a huge hypocrite and the only thing that made me sad last night was her final words and Carl's face.<br><br>Crazy rick is so funny. xD
  • What do you mean by reminding you of Hershal? I thought Hershal kept walkers in the barn because he <span style="font-style:italic">didnt</span> take care of them. If it wasn't for me already knowing part of the future story line due to the comics, I would love the governor-but since I do know what happens I despise him and I hope Andrea stays away because I sense an oncoming romance.<br> As for crazy Rick...Ooo lala. I about died when he broke down at the end last night.. <br>I guess im the second biggest fan- I would argue and say im the first, but I adore Dexter way more. Dexter is just downright crazy. Pushes the envelope of whats acceptable on TV. Theres a reason that its not on public television!
    fatbaby.png
  • FatBaby wrote:
    What do you mean by reminding you of Hershal? I thought Hershal kept walkers in the barn because he <span style="font-style:italic">didnt</span> take care of them. If it wasn't for me already knowing part of the future story line due to the comics, I would love the governor-but since I do know what happens I despise him and I hope Andrea stays away because I sense an oncoming romance.<br> As for crazy Rick...Ooo lala. I about died when he broke down at the end last night.. <br>I guess im the second biggest fan- I would argue and say im the first, but I adore Dexter way more. Dexter is just downright crazy. Pushes the envelope of whats acceptable on TV. Theres a reason that its not on public television!
    <br><br>Remind me of Hershal by keeping the walkers. I haven't read the comics so I'm just going by what you said, lol. I know I sensed it when he told Andrea his real name and by her wanting to stay a few days. I need to start watching dexter from thr trailers it looks awesome. I just never sat down and watched it.
    s5zspc.png
    My Kennel
  • Oh well the difference is Hershall did it for good reasons! <br>Dexter is...I cant go into to much detail, or it wouldnt be appropriate. Lets just day the creators crossed the line of what could be seen by the public in my opinion. Theres so many crime shows out there, and this is such a crazy twist! Its scary, yet you find yourself rooting for the most frightening character of them all. Falling for him, cheering him on as he acts out on things that are shunned and looked down upon in normal society. Plus hes attractive, that always helps :lol:
    fatbaby.png
  • <span style="font-size:85">So... if you're only on the 1st - 2nd season my entire comment is a spoiler.<br><br></span>Oooooh. Finally a TWD discussion. <span style="font-weight:bold">Fan since the beginning!</span> I've never missed an episode, and I too, already know what happens in "the future". However, it still makes me upset when a character is killed off. I don't ever cry though, especially in the case of Lori's death. I kinda didn't care for her, or Carl; but I think Rick's performance upon finding out that his wife just died was -incredible-. He deserves an award. It made me like him much more. It's like I respect him as an actor now, when before, I hated him. Mostly because I <span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="text-decoration:underline">ADORED</span></span> Shane, even if he was a manipulative psychopath. He was <span style="font-weight:bold">absolutely</span> my favorite, even when in the wrong. When Shane died I literally screamed, <span style="font-style:italic">"I'AM DONE WITH THE WALKING DEAD! THIS SHOW SUCKS!!!!"</span>. Then I threw the remote on the floor and stomped out of the room. Of course when the next episode came on I was there to watch it though. I cannot stay away. I <span style="font-weight:bold">so</span> want Lori's baby to be Shane's. LOL. I guess I have a thing for the bad guys that are always causing trouble but comes through in the end. When "Lost" was on I love love LOVED <span style="font-weight:bold">Sawyer</span>. I guess we know what type of characters catch my attention. xD<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Of course</span> you can sense something between Phillip and Andrea. Andrea starts something with <span style="font-weight:bold">every</span> guy she finds herself alone with. -__- I dislike her with a passion. <br><br>On another side note, I love Glenn and Daryl. :D Glenn cannot die. Never.
    Goodbye old VP, hello disaster. xD
  • Shane was by far one of my favorites, along with Sawyer from lost. I guess we both like the bad guys. A girl wants what a girl wants! Also, if this follows the comics, the baby is Shanes. But its left unsaid most likely, because its left to assume since Lori and Rick were having marital problems in the begining, so the chances of it being his are slim. I love love love Deryl, him and and Carol are the cutest things yet.
    fatbaby.png
  • Awesome, we're on the same page here. I still have hope that Shane will <span style="font-style:italic">somehow</span> be shown again. ;P One thing about Sawyer, I hated who he ended up with. I was constantly hoping through out the series that Kate and Sawyer would ultimately be together. But of course, the bad boy never gets the main girl. -__- It's always the good guys like Jack or Rick that wins. I named one of my dogs after Sawyer, THAT's how obsessed I was back then. xD <br><br>Back on topic>> -Glenn and Maggie are awesome too! I love them as a couple. They never cease to be adorable. Never was a fan of Carol, ever since she wouldn't stand up for herself. She's gotten stronger but I just can't shake the meek, defenseless image of her from the beginning. The way Daryl feels about her is pretty cute though. I was ecstatic when his tough guy image started breaking down a little and she got in. <span style="font-size:85">#FictionalRelationshipDiscussion</span>. We are dorks. 0_0
  • Oh my I hated Sawyer he just took everyone's stuff and never gave it to them, but in my defense I never finished Lost completely so I have no idea how he turns out. I loved Shane, what he did to the one character and the medicine blew my mind. It's like after that he went psycho. But I love Andrea shes my favorite female character, but I hate Carol she always needs saving from something. Another character I despised was Dale he always wanted to argue about something and would figure out things out of nowhere. And I already knew the baby was Shane's from the first episode of TWD. Now I just need Carl and that stupid hat to get off the show.
    s5zspc.png
    My Kennel
  • My boyfriend can never remember Carl's name so he always calls him 'Little Sheriff'.
  • Oh my I hated Sawyer he just took everyone's stuff and never gave it to them, but in my defense I never finished Lost completely so I have no idea how he turns out. I loved Shane, what he did to the one character and the medicine blew my mind. It's like after that he went psycho. But I love Andrea shes my favorite female character, but I hate Carol she always needs saving from something. Another character I despised was Dale he always wanted to argue about something and would figure out things out of nowhere. And I already knew the baby was Shane's from the first episode of TWD. Now I just need Carl and that stupid hat to get off the show.
    <br><br>Hated <span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="text-decoration:underline">SAWYER</span></span>?!? That makes no sense at all!!<br><br><span style="font-size:85">...Actually, most people hated him and it makes sense completely.</span> <br><br>He was meant to be hated. That's the point with the bad guys, everyone needs someone to hate. He may have been portrayed as a thief, but when you get abandoned on an island "finders keepers" basically becomes rule. If you ask me he was just smart. If you never do finish Lost just know that he turned out to be a great guy; and settled down. (Although with the WRONG girl). I feel the EXACT same way about Carol though. Not that it matters, but she's supposed to be in her early 40's and she looks far older then that to me. 0_0 Now whenever I picture Deryl and Carol I see a dude with an old lady. I knew that the baby was most likely going to be Shane's, but we don't no for SURE. At least not yet. I haven't completely finished reading, and there are a lot of variations when it comes to the series and the comics. There's always the chance, no matter how slim, that Rick is somehow thee daddy. xD We know for sure that Rick can have kids, because he and Lori had Carl. We DON'T know that Shane was able to though. As for Carl, I dislike him, but what else is a kid that was just shoved into a drastically changing and dangerous world supposed to be like? He's definitely not allowed to be the timid, scared little boy that he once was. He had to grow up in such a short amount of time, and he IS a killer. He's capable of it, and he shows that. I don't think it'd be fair to kill him off and leave Rick with nothing but a baby that he doesn't even know is his. xD
  • I think if Carol grew her hair out she would not look as old, infact I think she would be very pretty. I feel like Carl will be such a stud muffin as an adult, hes a tuff guy, cute kid (which may transfer on to attractive adult) and good survival instincts now. That would be cool to see him find a little ladie friend, though I doubt the show would go on that long.<br>And to the person who said their boyfriend called the kid Little Sheriff, most everyone I know calls him Little Rick. Funny how known can remember such a simple name.<br><br>Loveee this show, cant wait to discuss it next sunday with you all!<br>A friend of mine has been watching and didnt relize that this was the 3rd season. She thought it was the first! So me and like ten girls are having a walking dead sleepover so she can catch up- be jealous (;
    fatbaby.png
  • I've watched the first 2 seasons <span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="text-decoration:underline">three</span></span> times over to date, because i'd be hanging out with someone who's said they've never seen it but wanted to, and i'd have to put it on. I have no desire to watch any of those seasons yet <span style="font-weight:bold">again</span>. It -is- fun to see the reactions of different types of people though. One of my friends cried during the first four episodes and said she couldn't handle watching TWD anymore because it would give her nightmares and her mind wasn't strong enough. -__- Have fun though! 10 people is a lot. 0_0
  • I love the walking dead.
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.
  • After watching the Talking Dead after show, Its pretty clear Carol is dead, just so you all know....
    fatbaby.png