Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horse Quiz!!

edited May 2012 in Games
Okay guys! So im actually doing this over text message with my team right now so i figure why not do it here!! Ill ask a horse question and the FIRST person to get it right gets something. Itll be small but still. Some kinda prize. I think im gonna keep score and give out an end prize too!! <br><br><br>1) What indian tribe developed the appaloosa? - Nez Perce <br>2) What is the gum space between the incisor teeth and the molar teeth called? Interdental<br>3) How many teeth does a mare have? 36 <br>4) What breeds name means "Fine Walk"? Paso Fino<br>5) What are the gaits of the 5 gaited horse? Walk, Trot, Canter, Slow Gait, Rack<br><br>6) What does HYPP stand for? Hyper Kalemic Periodic Paralysis<br>7) What registry regisers Thoroughbreds? The Jockey Club<br>8) What color is described as that of a newly minted coin? Palimino<br>9) What is Parturition? Birth<br>10) What are the 5 basic horse coat colors? Bay, Black, Brown, Chestnut, White<br><br>11) Beyong the 5 basic horse coat colors, what are the 5 variations? (clue! I own two of the variations!) Dun(Buckskin), Grey, Palimino, Pinto, Roan<br>12) How do you tell the age of a horse? The wear and slant on the permanent incisor teeth<br>13) What is the walking speed of a properly trained horse? 4 miles per hour<br>14) What horse lineage contains HYPP? Impressive <br>15) Where is a horses gallbladder located? A horse doesnt have a gallbladder<br><br>16) What does TDN stand for? Total Digestible Nutrients<br>17) What is the scientific study of how genetics are passed from the parents to the offspring? Genetics<br>18) Teeth that are smallish and white and have a distinctive neck are called what? Milk teeth or temporary teeth<br>19) How many inches make a hand? 4 inches <br>20) Name three parts of the hoof: Heel, Toe, Sole, Buttress, White Line, Wall, Laminae, Quarter<br><br>21) Length of stride is best determined by what point of view? <br>22) What are the five category of judging halter horses?<br>23) What is the labial surface of the horses teeth?<br>24) When loping, the horses independent moving front foot is called the? <br>25) What is the term for any mark of deformity that diminishes beauty but does not affect a horses usefulness?<br><br>FIRST 3 TO REACH 300 points get (10) free sponsor trainings EACH! <br><br>Points:<br>1) Poppomgirl - 30 points<br>2) Awaken - 80 points<br>3) Sweetypie - 80 points<br>4) ABBAROCKS - 55 points<br>5) Cherokeezbaby - 65 points<br>6) Myst - 35 points <br>7) Frostbight8 - 10 points <br><br>I DONT MIND GOOGLING TO FIND ANSWERS!

Comments

• 1) What indian tribe developed the appaloosa? Cherokee<br>2) What is the gum space between the incisor teeth and the molar teeth called? no idea.<br>3) How many teeth does a mare have? 20<br>4) What breeds name means "Fine Walk"? Tennessee Walker<br>5) What are the gaits of the 5 gaited horse? walk, trot, canter, gallop, run.
  • Nope. Try googling some of the answers. I found em all myself. Made sure to look. Good try though
  • 1) What indian tribe developed the appaloosa? Nez Perce<br>2) What is the gum space between the incisor teeth and the molar teeth called? no idea.<br>3) How many teeth does a mare have? 36<br>4) What breeds name means "Fine Walk"? Missouri fox trotter <br>5.What are the gaits of the 5 gaited horse? walk,trot,running walk, lope, gallop
    23hlvz4.jpg
  • Two out of three poppom. 5 points per. You can correct em and ill add more later.
  • 1) What indian tribe developed the appaloosa? Cherokee <br>2) What is the gum space between the incisor teeth and the molar teeth called? dental arcade<br>3) How many teeth does a mare have? between 36 <br>4) What breeds name means "Fine Walk"? Passo fino <br>5.What are the gaits of the 5 gaited horse? walk,trot,running walk, lope, gallop
    23hlvz4.jpg
  • edited December 2011 108.60.171.237
    1) What indian tribe developed the appaloosa? <span style="font-style:italic">Nez Perce</span><br>2) What is the gum space between the incisor teeth and the molar teeth called? <span style="font-style:italic">interdental</span><br>3) How many teeth does a mare have?<span style="font-style:italic"> approx 36 i think</span><br>4) What breeds name means "Fine Walk"?<span style="font-style:italic"> Paso Fino</span><br>5) What are the gaits of the 5 gaited horse? <span style="font-style:italic">Walk, trot, canter, gallop, and ambling? </span><br><br>6) What does HYPP stand for? <span style="font-style:italic">Hyperkalemic periodic paralysis</span><br>7) What registry regisers Thoroughbreds? <span style="font-style:italic">The jockey club ?</span><br>8) What color is described as that of a newly minted coin? <span style="font-style:italic">Palomino </span><br>9) What is Parturition? <span style="font-style:italic">Birthing</span><br>10) What are the 5 basic horse coat colors? <span style="font-style:italic">Chestnut, Bay, Brown, Black, White</span>
  • 1) What indian tribe developed the appaloosa? = NezPerce<br>2) What is the gum space between the incisor teeth and the molar teeth called?<br>3) How many teeth does a mare have? 36<br>4) What breeds name means "Fine Walk"?<br>5) What are the gaits of the 5 gaited horse? walk -jog-trot-canter-gallop <br>ill find more soon
    hx8z9d.png

I'm A Proud Directioner, Are You?
    Go One Direction!
    Go Directioners!
  • 2) What is the gum space between the incisor teeth and the molar teeth called? interdenatal ?<br>4) What breeds name means "Fine Walk"?paso fino
    hx8z9d.png

Go One Direction!
    Go Directioners!
  • Poppom: you got another right but you changed a right one too.<br><br>Awaken: 4 right! 20 points<br><br>Sweetypie: 4 right as well. 20 points
  • 10. chestnut, bay, fleebitten gray, apoloosa,black/grey/white same
    hx8z9d.png

Go One Direction!
    Go Directioners!
  • Nope. Try again =D
  • Which questions do we have to awnser?
    n17awx.png
    Dog Lover.../Dog Lover..s Kennel on VP =)
    http://virtualpups.com/viewkennel.php?kennel=401157 <<< My kennel
    Looking for the person who made my siggy
  • Right now were on 6 - 10 Answers have already been posted in 1-5
  • 8.palimino
    hx8z9d.png

Go One Direction!
    Go Directioners!
  • Not one of the answers. You have to include all 5 to get the answer right =P
  • 7, hores pedigree qurier
    hx8z9d.png

Go One Direction!
    Go Directioners!
  • Nope. What registry? Not who. =) good guesses though
  • 6. it stands for hyperkalemic periodic paralysis
    hx8z9d.png

Go One Direction!
    Go Directioners!
  • 6) What does HYPP stand for? hyperkalemic periodic paralysis <br>7) What registry regisers Thoroughbreds?<br> What color is described as that of a newly minted coin? Palimino or golden<br>9) What is Parturition? giving birth of some sort<br>10) What are the 5 basic horse coat colors? black/grey, cheastnut, bay, paint,sorrel/buckskin
    hx8z9d.png

Go One Direction!
    Go Directioners!
  • 6) What does HYPP stand for? Hyperkalemic periodic paralysis<br>7) What registry regisers Thoroughbreds? The Jockey Club<br>8.) What color is described as that of a newly minted coin? Palomino<br>9) What is Parturition? To process or bring forth youth,or the act or process of giving birth<br>10) What are the 5 basic horse coat colors? Black, Brown, Bay, Chestnut, and White
    bgsdxf.jpg
    If you like my avatar or graphics that you have seen by me, check out this link
  • Hours of searching 5 basic. Horse colors chestnut brown<br> black white bay<br>what regerstries did throughbreds come from the jockey club or a
    hx8z9d.png

Go One Direction!
    Go Directioners!
  • 6) What does HYPP stand for? Hyperkalemic periodic paralysis<br>7) What registry regisers Thoroughbreds? Jockey Club<br>8 ) What coloUr is described as that of a newly minted coin? Palomino<br>9) What is Parturition? Giving birth<br>10) What are the 5 basic horse coat colors? Chesnut, Bay, white, Brown, black<br>Hope I got at least ONE question right :mrgreen:
    n17awx.png
    Dog Lover.../Dog Lover..s Kennel on VP =)
    http://virtualpups.com/viewkennel.php?kennel=401157 <<< My kennel
    Looking for the person who made my siggy
  • Cherokeezbaby: 5 right 25 points<br><br>Sweetypie: All 5 for 25<br><br>ABBAROCKS: All 5 actually =D 25 points. <br><br>New questions up!
  • 12) How do you tell the age of a horse? There teeth<br>14) What horse lineage contains HYPP? Hyperkalemic periodic paralysis<br>15) Where is a horses gallbladder located?horses don't have gallbladders
    23hlvz4.jpg
  • 11) Beyong the 5 basic horse coat colors, what are the 5 variations (clue! I own two of the variations!)? Dun (Buckskin), Grey, Palomino, Pinto/Paint, Roan<br>12) How do you tell the age of a horse? Their teeth<br>13) What is the walking speed of a properly trained horse? <br>14) What horse lineage contains HYPP? 1998 AQH foals<br>15) Where is a horses gallbladder located? Horses do not have one
    bgsdxf.jpg
    If you like my avatar or graphics that you have seen by me, check out this link
  • 11) Beyond the 5 basic horse coat colors, what are the 5 variations? (clue! I own two of the variations!) Roan (do they count as each individual type of roan?),Grulla,Buckskin,Palomino,Cremello, and just for fun I'll add a sixth, Perlino.<br>12) How do you tell the age of a horse? its teeth<br>13) What is the walking speed of a properly trained horse? eh, Idk lol<br>14) What horse lineage contains HYPP? You mean breed or like specific lineage? 0_o<br>15) Where is a horses gallbladder located? Doesn't have one :P<br><br><br>Ohh I can get you some questions too! XD Just curious, who all googled the answers? 0_o
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • Hey, I had just put the second set of questions with the first set, but I guess you might not have seen them. So,<br><br>6) What does HYPP stand for? Hyperkalemic periodic paralysis<br>7) What registry regisers Thoroughbreds? The jockey club ?<br> What color is described as that of a newly minted coin? Palomino <br>9) What is Parturition? Birthing<br>10) What are the 5 basic horse coat colors? Chestnut, Bay, Brown, Black, White<br> and<br>11) Beyong the 5 basic horse coat colors, what are the 5 variations? (clue! I own two of the variations!) <span style="font-style:italic">Dun, Roan, Palomino, Paint & grey</span><br>12) How do you tell the age of a horse? <span style="font-style:italic">Their teeth</span><br>13) What is the walking speed of a properly trained horse? <span style="font-style:italic">1,2,3,4?</span><br>14) What horse lineage contains HYPP? <span style="font-style:italic">American Quarter Horses</span><br>15) Where is a horses gallbladder located? <span style="font-style:italic">They don't have one</span>
  • edited December 2011 64.12.117.19
    11) Beyong the 5 basic horse coat colors, what are the 5 variations? -- <br>12) How do you tell the age of a horse? By looking at it's incisors<br>13) What is the walking speed of a properly trained horse? 2.5 MPH<br>14) What horse lineage contains HYPP? Quarter Horses<br>15) Where is a horses gallbladder located? Doesn't have one.
    FrostBite_zpsab645aba.png