Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• Its not allowed to post videos. Id remove it before an op does. Pictures are fine though and wed all love to see those!
  • Its not allowed to post videos. Id remove it before an op does. Pictures are fine though and wed all love to see those!
    <br>eek! Thanks for pointing that out! Edited for everyone's enjoyment.
  • Hes gorgeous! What breed is he?
  • Hes gorgeous! What breed is he?
    <br>A pomeranian Chihuahua mutt. I actually said no to taking him 5 times before he convinced me he was my dog, cause I wasn't in a good situation to have a dog, especially one that behaved as poorly as he did.
  • Haha! I think mutts are the best. Ive had mine for almost seven years and she's my child
  • Aww! So cute. <3 I just recently got a Chihuahua. Do you like Payton Lee's mix? =P
  • Aww! So cute. <3 I just recently got a Chihuahua. Do you like Payton Lee's mix? =P
    <br>Aww, I do like chihuahuas now! They are on the list of dogs I could see myself having now!<br><br>Well, I would never purchase a mutt [unless it's from a shelter] because they often have far more health issues than a properly bred purebred with health checks and the like, not that many of the "purebred" dogs you see in the papers have that. You gotta do your research before buying a dog to get the best possible animal you can.<br><br>That being said, I really do like how Payton turned out, even though before I got him I always wanted BIG dogs [trust me, little is really the way to go, especially if you travel EVER]. I'm sure other pomeranian chihuahuas don't turn out anything like him, but he has just the right length of hair, can go for hours, but is also good with cuddling all day, and is perfect for the weather of the state I'm in. In the summer he'll lay out in the sun in 100 degree weather, in the winter he'll chew on his toys in a snowbank. Now if he just wouldn't shed he'd be pretty much perfect!<br><br>I've actually looked into breeds that are similar to Payton, which is what got me interested in Norwegian Lundehunds to begin with. They're only slightly larger than he is, if you can find one that's white with spots they seem to look a lot like him, and they have extra toes, which is just fun! Not sure if they're what I'll get when Payton does pass, but as I'm hoping that won't be for at least 15 years I have plenty of time to research what I want and find a good breeder.