Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

East Coast Earthquake

edited August 2011 in General Discussion
So second day of school-last period of the day, I was just sitting in class doing my bellringer...I made a mistake so I was erasing(sp?) it and I feel my desk shake. I thought I was making the desk move cause of my erasing but then my teacher with a ponytail says something like "Whoa, was that an earthquake??" and had this really excited/amazed expression on his face xD. Everyone starts talking about it and a couple minutes later a cop comes by our room and makes a thumps up sign to make sure we're okay and the teacher asks what for and then he made a shaking movement with his hands.<br> As soon as I got home I looked it up and learned that the epicenter was near Mineral, VA and "measured a preliminary 5.9" whatever that is, I guess that's magnitude.<br> So did any other VPians feel it too? :D
36681.png Clicky! :3

Comments

• Apparently we felt it here in NC, but I was in a restaurant so I had no idea anything was happening. My neighbor said her house shook though.
    <span style="font-size: 10pt;">rLHC1jx.gif </span><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">sophierue.png</span><span style="font-size: small;"> </span></div><div><span style="font-size: small;">oh I swear to ya, I'll be there for ya.
    10.31.10 ❤
    </span></div>
  • I live kinda close to Mineral and our house shook for maybe a minute or so. I kinda loved it. The only thing in the house to freak out was my dog. XD I haven't felt a quake like that since I lived in California.
    35ea329b-0292-43cf-beb5-41d1eb59699a_zpsc271b0c6.jpg
    On an indefinite hiatus.
  • I felt it in PA.<br>only lasted a little bit. It shook my bed... but i literally though i sat on my bed to hard & made it shake..<br>then my mom said the upstairs was shaking too. <br>xD
    KENDALLDREAMY.png
  • tiffer wrote:
    I felt it in PA.<br>only lasted a little bit. It shook my bed... but i literally though i sat on my bed to hard & made it shake..<br>then my mom said the upstairs was shaking too. <br>xD
    <br> Lol niiice x)
    36681.png Clicky! :3