Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

404 error?

edited August 2011 in Questions/Support
A friend of mine keeps getting a 404 error when she tries to get onto the site. Is there something she can do she already cleared her cookies. Sorry wrong section I'm sick so not thinking too clearly. Can someone move it?

Comments

• Where is it appearing? When she tries to go to <a href="http://www.virtualpups.com"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">www.virtualpups.com</a> or when she tries to create an account? Is the time and date on her computer clock correct and does her computer allow cookies for all sites, or does she need to make an exception for virtualpups?
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • Updated<br>She has an account it's when she tries to view other kennels like mine and her ipad accepts cookies from all sites
  • The problem is most likely her Ipad not connecting to the site fast enough. I'm not sure how to fix that, perhaps another player can tell you since I don't have an Ipad.
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 0);">Along for the ride!</span><br>
  • Ok I'll tell her thank you for the help
  • Thank you I don't know what's going on or why I'm getting the message. I'm the one with the 404 message can view some kennels but not others. No problems on here it's the game when I want to look through some members kennels as said lol. Need to look for some pups but can't. Can't enter events with no pups lol.
  • If I had a guess, the kennels you are trying to look at probably have elaborate layouts, big pictures or a lot of pictures on them. Because of this, they take more time to load and your Ipod isn't able to load them fast enough, so the connection times out and you get the 404 message. Makes me more inclined to think so because you can view some kennels and not others. <br><br>If your device has an option to change the page style view, you can try changing page style to No style, which removes all the coding. It'll look different, but if the problem is the pictures on the kennel, you'll be able to look at the dogs on the kennel. <br><br>Or you can try to find dogs to purchase through Puppy Plaza and not look at the kennels themselves.
  • Alabama wrote:
    If I had a guess, the kennels you are trying to look at probably have elaborate layouts, big pictures or a lot of pictures on them. Because of this, they take more time to load and your Ipod isn't able to load them fast enough, so the connection times out and you get the 404 message. Makes me more inclined to think so because you can view some kennels and not others. <br><br>If your device has an option to change the page style view, you can try changing page style to No style, which removes all the coding. It'll look different, but if the problem is the pictures on the kennel, you'll be able to look at the dogs on the kennel. <br><br>Or you can try to find dogs to purchase through Puppy Plaza and not look at the kennels themselves.
    <br><br>Thank you I'll have a look on my iPad see if I can solve it.