Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Saddest Goodbyes... (Updated 4/4/2011)

edited April 2011 in General Discussion
SO I am making a thread of the saddest goodbyes. Feel free to post anything you want it is open to all.<br><br><br>Blizzard: I met Blizzard walking the streets in my trailer park. He was a young grey and white husky with a white blaze along the side of his neck. He was dirty and very timid, and the eye contact he made was bleak. When he looked at me longer than he did my stepbrother and boyfriend I KNEW he understood "I mean no harm...". <br> I had two dogs at the time , a husky named Bubba and a collie mix named Shadow. As my dogs were usually outside a lot during the summer Blizzard came on my big back porch to investigate them. I took this as a chance to try to interact with him. I sat on a ledge and dangled my legs off the side, I sat there and looked away from him. The scared husky approached me and sniffed at me. I patted the porch as an invitation to come closer....And he did!<br> He lay down about a foot away and looked out into the yard. I gently reached a hand out and stroked along his spine. He jumped up and ran away. When he seen I was not after him he turned around and slowly stalked to the porch and back up the steps to lay down again. When I reached again he was tense and scared but laid there. He acted as if he had never been pet before. After about 5 minutes I got up and went inside. <br> I expected him to leave ya know? Why hang around some place you don't even know. Well surprise surprise, I came out side to see him sitting there looking in the door at me. I was so thrilled to see it. He looked starved so I grabbed some dog food and went outside. At first when I sat down he moved away. I placed a few kibbles on the deck and watched him scarf them down. Had he not eaten for days? I tried to hand feed him and gain his trust but he didn'twant anything to do with that so I didn't press the issue. My boyfriend and stepbrother wanted me to go with them out to a pond in the back of the trailer bark so I decided to go.<br> I got up from the porch and followed them, I still had the remaining kibbles of food and would drop one ever feet or so. Blizzard followed! He would get really close if the other two weren't around but would run off if they were there. Blizzard followed me all the way back through the woods and next to the pond. The boys splashed the water and were being fools while I sat calmly and tried to pet the husky. He let me pat his shoulders and back and after a while he seemed to calm down.<br> The next few days changed my life...and his...<br><br><br>If you would like to here more please post and I will tell the rest of the story. Gotta keep you all hanging after all :mrgreen:

Comments

• More please! =]<br><br>Is this a true story? <br>I am interested...
  • Yess! More!! :DD
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • Yes this all happened a couple years back. Every story I post is true down to the last word. I will be posting more later this week so check back
  • edited April 2011 158.80.56.2
    So getting to where I left off...<br><br>I spent the rest of the day just walking around and seeing where and how far Bizzard would follow me. He went through brush, water, and all through the trailer park about 5-6 feet away from my heels. He was not quite as scared now and would get closer and closer. He let me pet him when I wanted too which was nice becasue his fur was so plush. When it got to be around sunset my dad's girlfriend told me I had to take the dog to his owner. That was when his owners came around the corner with a big truck and asked if I could catch him for them and bring him to their house. Blizzard HID when the people came around. He got behind me and crowched near the cround. I told them I would if I could get a leash on him. They left and I went to grab a leash.<br>When I came outside the sun was so beautiful and the sky was an orange and gold scene. Blizzard was just laying on the porch looking out in the yard. I thought of how wonderful it would be to have him. My very own dog who foloowed me everywhere and didn't run off, even when I went inside! I sighed and sat down beside him. I talked to him a bit and one of his ears swivled to face me. I slowly reached out and put the clip on his collar. He just laid there and I almost cried at the thought of this perfect animal going to a place he feared.<br>The whole way there he walked behind me or right next to me. I walked him into the yard and waited for the owners to come out. The man apeared first. He was tall and towering and as soon as Blizzard seen him he pulled back on the leash and tried to get away. I almost let him go on purpose so he would be free again but I held on. The man asked his girlfriend to come out and she did. Blizzard was less fearful then and I felt a little better. She clipped a leash on him and gave mine back. She said thank you and dragged Blizzard out to the back yard. I went home and all I could think of was his terrified behavior. <br>When I got home I didn't even eat dinner. I went to bed early and didn't talk to anyone. When I woke up I got ready for school and waited for my stepbrother to get ready. I couldn't wait for 2 more years to be done with so I wouldn't have to go to school. When his mom got home she honked the horn for us to get outside, we walked out and I was rushed by a furry object. It was Blizzard! He was on my porch but I didn't know how. I was sad to leave but I had school. I gave him a parting pat on the head and promised I would be back....<br><br><br><br>TO BE CONTINUED...
  • *wants more* Lol. This is so cute!
    Do you like my training? Reccommend me here =)
    Main/Training Kennel, Boarding Kennel, Breeding Kennel

~Visit my main kennel for links to my on going auctions~