Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tootsie Roll !

edited April 2011 in General Discussion
For all you Americans on this game I dout you will be as Happy I am about such a simple sweet. <br>But..... <br>I am sat here in England eating one! <br>Why is this so special you ask, because you have to import them into the country and can NOT by them anywhere in the UK other wise! <br>Its outrageous!<br><br>So I am amazed to be sat here eating a sweet that I have not since being in the US a few years ago. <br><br>Just out of interest are there any British sweets or just in general sweets that you can not get in the US with out having to import?

Comments

• Ew.. I -hate- tootsie rolls! I would send you any I got! ICK XD<br><br>And I dont know any british candy o.0 so I'd say no. lmao
    8x32tt.png
  • I wouldn't know about imported goods, lol. Except for the fact everything we have is practically made by China or Japan.. Other than that, I take candy (sweets) for granted, assuming we will always have them. Stuff that we have, I'd probably assume is everywhere else with my lack of awareness. Never woulda thought such a small thing such as a Tootsie Roll could be so cherished somewhere else XD<br><br>As I recall though, my mom and I got these chocolate hollow eggs for Easter in the past with little candies inside. I don't remember where they came from, but apparently it's technically illegal for us to have them XD I just took it as any ol regular candy for Easter. Guess that could technically characterize me as ignorant to the rest of the world outside of the U.S. But I mean, culture is culture. And when you grow up with everything provided, taking for granted all that you have because of it, is it honestly our faults (those who don't know the history or means of other countries)? ..sorry. Turning this into some kind of debate or revolution XD It's like an entire thinking process being written out, so don't mind me.
    Do you like my training? Reccommend me here =)
    Main/Training Kennel, Boarding Kennel, Breeding Kennel

~Visit my main kennel for links to my on going auctions~
  • I love tootsie rolls! I can't believe you don't have them, do you have anything similar?<br><br>I don't know most candies from other countries accept Canada. My friend's mom used to live there and on one of her visits she brought us back some Candian treats. The "Smarties" there are like M&Ms and skittles mixed together!
    14xmkg0.png
    Goals: 13/50million VPC
  • Depends on my mood if I like them or not LOL. I did -NOT- know you had to import treats like that!
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • We need to set up sort of import export for sweets XD <br><br>We have nothing like Tootsie Rolls over here. Its mental, we have almost no American sweets apart from Mars, Snickers, Twix ETC. <br>I cant belive you dont have Smarties though, there like a sweet from my childhood. <br><br>Its is werid to think something we have others dont isnt it. <br>Like BabyBean said, are lack of awareness leaves us ignorant to the fact not all have what we do. <br>I mean dont take me wrong were not lacking sweets in the UK, far from it but still strange to think that even the tiny item like a "Tootsie Roll" is not avalible to all. <br><br>A few sweets, chocolates etc. That you may or may not have heard of. Let me know if you have or havent =] <br>Double Decker <br>Galaxy <br>1 penny sweets (like a pick'n'mix but its 1 penny per sweet)<br>Rhubarb & Custard<br>Kinder Bueno<br>Milka<br>Love Hearts <br>Flying Saucers<br>Loads more but cant think or them all right now.
  • I've never heard of any of those sweets.. It's almost frustrating. There are a lot of things we take for granted, I guess. Like, this glass of water I'm drinking. Lots of countries don't have that option to drink clean water from the fridge. <br><br> Anyway, off topic... Sorry. I've always seen tootsie rolls as an arcade prize you get for your 1 left over ticket. XD I don't even like them. They make me feel sick.
    FrostBite_zpsab645aba.png
  • It is so werid to think isnt it, that something you have grown up with and had with you all your life is not in everyone elses. <br><br>Every country is different and it just shows that even countries like the USA and the UK are so different even though they are both some of the most powerful countries in the world.
  • Omg wow! My mom buys tootsie rolls at walmart like WEEKLY 0.0<br><br>I didnt even THINK about other countries not having stuff we have here in America =/
  • Lol, yeah, it's crazy. I bet you importing/exporting candy would bring in SO much money. I haven't heard of the ones listed. Ones that I can think of that we have..<br>Hershey chocolate, smarties, milk duds, whoppers, milkyway, snickers, twix, nerds, sour patch (straws, kids, etc), the candy hearts for valentine's day, ring pops, tootsie/blow pops, dum dums, airheads, pop rocks, um..well I know one thing Nobody has unless you live in RI ;D Coffee Milk. Coffee syrup. I remember going to TN one year when I was a bit younger and didn't understand the concept that not everyone has exactly the same things. So when I asked for coffee milk, I just got a blank stare. Then they asked if I meant coffee with milk in it and I gave the same look right back cuz it had nothing to do with what I wanted XD Ah gosh, great times.<br><br>There's like loads of candies that we have though. Laffy taffy, skittles, m&ms, kitkat, starburst, gummy worms, gubby bears, twizzlers, gobstoppers, rock candy, jawbreakers, hmm..anyone else wanna help out? Lol
    Do you like my training? Reccommend me here =)
    Main/Training Kennel, Boarding Kennel, Breeding Kennel

~Visit my main kennel for links to my on going auctions~
  • Oooh, Bean we have Coffee Milk & Syrup up here to, it's sooo good!! Ugh, now I'm craving it,lol
    5x236g.jpg
  • We have a little shop here that sells little English things, and OHMYGOSH I love Flying Saucers, mmmmmm! I rarely get to have them, but they are delicious! ♥
  • Omg my teacher made me think of this post today in precal! She said she would give us all toosie rolls if we would do our work quietly and behave all period! xD