Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Almost Over.

edited March 2011 in General Discussion
I've had my Acer Aspire laptop for almost 5 years now, and it's on it's last leg. I was looking at my tech specs today trying to figure out why it hates Sims 3 (other than it's age, because everything but games run fine), and I realized just today that all this time I've been running on only 512MB of RAM. Now, I'm running Vista Home Basic, so there's nothing special about it, not even a Microsoft Office suite, and the minimum require ram to run this version of Vista is 512MB. 512MB is only about .5GB, and mind you, my iPod touch is 8GB, so technically my iPod can hold about 15x more than my computer. Basically what this means is, my laptop was built to run my OS, and an internet browser, and not much else.<br><br>I just found a company that buys old and or broken laptops for good money. They're willing to give me $225 for my old broken down laptop, and my mom has agreed to match me half of whatever I want. So, I get to gets me a new laptop, finally, in about two weeks! :)
<span style="font-size: 10pt;">rLHC1jx.gif </span><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">sophierue.png</span><span style="font-size: small;"> </span></div><div><span style="font-size: small;">oh I swear to ya, I'll be there for ya.
10.31.10 ❤
</span></div>

Comments

• 5 years is a good amount of time for a laptop my Dells on its last legs also about that age, now I use the main computer as the system works far faster then my laptop. <br>At least you are getting money back for it though to put towards a new one. <br>Hope all goes well and get a new laptop that lives up to your previous ones legacy XD
  • A place that takes old computers!? I need! ;;
    8x32tt.png
  • My mom has a new Acer Aspire, only about a year old now, and it's getting viruses like crazy, I'm actually trying to get that sorted out at the moment. I probably won't get another Acer, as they don't make many with a whole lot of memory. I have my eye on a Toshiba with a 4GB RAM and 350GB hard drive. <3<br><br>And fael, I can PM you the link if you want it.
    <span style="font-size: 10pt;">rLHC1jx.gif </span><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">sophierue.png</span><span style="font-size: small;"> </span></div><div><span style="font-size: small;">oh I swear to ya, I'll be there for ya.
    10.31.10 ❤
    </span></div>
  • tarnish wrote:
    A place that takes old computers!? I need! ;;
    <br>my brother does lol
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • Do they have to be working? Mine is blue-screening and theres a small chip out of the top lid. ;;
    8x32tt.png
  • According to the website, and the number I called to verify, they do not have to be working. I'll PM you.
    10.31.10 ❤
    </span></div>