Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Donating Blood

edited March 2011 in General Discussion
I donated blood today for the first time evar. I was super nervous I was going to pass out (considering I'm 16 pounds under the required weight for my height >.>), but I survived! And is it weird that I want to do it again? XD
<span style="font-size: 10pt;">rLHC1jx.gif </span><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">sophierue.png</span><span style="font-size: small;"> </span></div><div><span style="font-size: small;">oh I swear to ya, I'll be there for ya.
10.31.10 ❤
</span></div>

Comments

• Sea Oats wrote:
    I donated blood today for the first time evar. I was super nervous I was going to pass out (considering I'm 16 pounds under the required weight for my height >.>), but I survived! And is it weird that I want to do it again? XD
    <br>Uh... Yes it is weird LOL I hate (Underline and emphansize hate) And I mean HATE needles. <br><br>They make me do this: :cry:
    R.I.P Max I love you so so much my baby Chihuhuahua dog! 2005-2010
  • They can never find my veins when I try to give blood. Now I can't eve attempt because of my tattoo xD
  • I dont give blood. I have rolling veins and it makes it EXTREMELY painful. I have a VERY high pain tolerence and i cant stand it at ALL
  • I dont give blood. I have rolling veins and it makes it EXTREMELY painful. I have a VERY high pain tolerence and i cant stand it at ALL
    <br>I dont do it either. I have high pain tolerence and so does my bro but I HATE needles lol and my bro does too, he fainted one time cause of getting a shot.
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • I donate blood with my mother. Though recently, I became a few pounds under the required weight. It was funny cuz I don't mind needles at all and I like to help those who may need the blood, but the day my mom wanted to go, I just wasn't in the mood to. So I started coming up with excuses not to go, 1 of which being underweight now. So my MOM was actually going to lie for me cuz she wanted me to go with her instead of me lying cuz I wanted to go XD Ah gosh, it was great. My body could handle it anyways, but I just didn't feel like going :p The lady there was like "Oh yeah. Don't let her lie about that. It's not good". But yet my mom was gonna be the one saying it. We laughed when she came home and told me the story. This was a few weeks to maybe a month or so back
    Do you like my training? Reccommend me here =)
    Main/Training Kennel, Boarding Kennel, Breeding Kennel

~Visit my main kennel for links to my on going auctions~
  • I've been waiting to donate blood. Back when I had the opportunity to, I couldn't due to medication I had just stopped, which takes 6 months to get out of your system. Now I'm waiting for the blood drive held by Phi Theta Kappa at my school, so I can actually go do it.
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • I've tried a few times and they can't find my veins but I might try again.
  • I have very visible veins, she actually found two in my left arm she could have used when she put the band around me. And I've had a piercing AND a tattoo in the last 12 months, and they ask you where you got it (did it yourself, or got it done professionally) and they test all the blood before they use it, so you're allowed to donate with new piercings and tattoos as long as you were smart about where you got them;)
    <span style="font-size: 10pt;">rLHC1jx.gif </span><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">sophierue.png</span><span style="font-size: small;"> </span></div><div><span style="font-size: small;">oh I swear to ya, I'll be there for ya.
    10.31.10 ❤
    </span></div>
  • <span style="color:#FF00BF">That's awesome, Vi!<br><br>I can't donate until I'm 17, so this year I only volunteered at the blood clinic that was hosted at my school. (Which was today, actually.)<br>It depends on the clinics and how strict they are about piercings. For ours, any tattoos or piercings in the last 6 months and you can't donate. And they don't care about height to weight ratio, you just have to be over 120lbs.</span>
    12.png
    Thanks for the lovely banner, Nickel :)
  • what is the thing with not being able to have tattoos to get blood drawn? LOL Im clueless!
    qqz5hd.png
    I <3 Keith Urban!
  • Health issues and blood loss, I'd assume. Potentially, you could become infected and blood is also lost while getting the tattoo.
    Do you like my training? Reccommend me here =)
    Main/Training Kennel, Boarding Kennel, Breeding Kennel

~Visit my main kennel for links to my on going auctions~
  • what is the thing with not being able to have tattoos to get blood drawn? LOL Im clueless!
    <br><br>If the place you had your tattoo done reused a needle you could potentially get a blood-bourne illness such as HIV, so not safe to give blood.
    (SPIDERS!)
  • Here if you get an out of state tattoo you have to wait a whole year. if you got the tat in the state you live in then its only 6 months before you can donate. It sucks :/ I was wanting to try again but o'well.. with two new tattoos.. one in state and one outta state, i have about a year before i can donate again xD I dont know the rules for piercings at my school when donating though 0.0 hmmmm i should look into that.. lol
  • I sincerely can't wait until I can give blood. Because I started school about a year or two early, I won't be able to donate blood until my senior year, compared to most of my peers, being able to donate blood junior year. I want to know my blood type. It's really a good thing to know...<br>I think my dad is a B- and my mom is A-...So I might be AB+ or whatever.<br>But, knowing my luck, I'd be a type O....
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.