Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My fish died

edited January 2011 in Vent
I recently got a new Betta fish on Sunday afternoon and as of Wensday night he passed away. Yesterday I noticed white filmy stuff all over him and we found out it was bacterial fungus, and than today he just twitches and whenever he swims up to the surface the poor little Betta can't swim right, his head sticks up vertically and his body refuses to join him, we also found out that was an issue with his swim bladder. Tomorrow we are going out to return are fish and try a new kind, possibly a Tetra. Well wish me luck and hopefully I can keep this new fish alive.

Comments

• I had similar issues with swim bladder too. I reminded this by getting peas, warming them up in microwave and slicing up very tiny and this helps them some how... my brother- a fish guy recommended it and it works! Maybe try another fish/pet store?
    Bannerforforumfina.jpg
  • Ah, pet store bettas seem to get fungus easily, but what can you expect when they are kept in cups for week/months? It's really sad. I'm sorry for your loss.<br><br>If you get tetras make sue you have the right kind of set up. Tetras are schooling fish, and so you can't just get one. You will also need the appropriate sized tank, and ideally you should cycle it before buying them.
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.