Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Art Style

edited July 2010 in Vent
Small vent... considering my wrist is still killing me (a vent for another day...)<br><br><br>But, I'm getting tired of seeing my banner style stolen =/ I understand people picking up small aspects from others' banners, but not totally taking their style. It's rather annoying to me considering it took me nearly four years to get to where I'm at... and others are just popping up and mimicking me. <br><br>So, just a word of advice to all - be yourself. Be creative in your own way. Don't take someone else's style. They worked hard for it - you need to work hard for your own. This goes for all forms of art.
All good things must come to an end. All endings will begin new good things.
mini_nickel_vere_roan_quin_by_evlonarts_d6ih13_by_jaded_night-d775ero.png

Comments

• So, just a word of advice to all - be yourself. Be creative in your own way. Don't take someone else's style. They worked hard for it - you need to work hard for your own. This goes for all forms of art.
    <br> The above could essentially be said right back at you. I don't mean to be mean, that's far beyond my intention, but your style isn't necessarily unique to me. I've seen very similar things like it done over the years, and I myself have done similar things. Your newest banners are merges/fades, with a color filter/layer over the top, and text(they might have more work put into them depending on your program, but that's how I'd achieve them with photoshop). I find the text in your banners to be your signature mark, but merges and color filters have been used time and time again. They are fairly simple to achieve if you know how to use a photo manipulation program.<br><br> Art is also about evolution in my opinion. Many artists try out many styles until they find theirs. More than likely, whoever you think is copying you, will eventually move on to something else. It is hard work, a journey of sorts to find your own style. Still, even when you think you found it, it's likely to change again and again.<br><br> You're still free to look at it however you want, but due to something that happened, which changed my opinion of art, I find mimicry to be a compliment. Obviously you are doing something right, if someone chooses to copy it. It's also hard to mimic someone perfectly, so be happy knowing that you probably do the style more justice.
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • I understand what you're saying, and I know I'm not the -only- person who uses these methods... its just that someone has very similar banners to mine in every way. Text included ;P This person didn't have this style before and to me it just seems like they got it from me.<br><br>I don't have similar banners to anyone else I've seen. I do -something- to make mine look like mine. I don't put my name on my banners, and people can easily pick out which ones I've done. So, I suppose that means I do have style.
    All good things must come to an end. All endings will begin new good things.
    mini_nickel_vere_roan_quin_by_evlonarts_d6ih13_by_jaded_night-d775ero.png
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="font-weight:bold">I agree with PrinceSushi.<br><br>I've done graphics on VP for over four years.. anyone who has been around long enough would notice what you have pointed out. People notice things they like in the way someone completes something and will use it in their own way in their own work. It's the way of life. If you have the same programs as someone (gimp, photoshop, etc.) it's hard to have a style that is completely your own.<br><br>All in all, don't take it offensively, or get annoyed with it. Garanteed, half of the people you think are stealing your style may have never seen your work.. a lot of the VPian's nowadays are new and are just using whatever talents they have to get by.<br><br>You're style is very good, by the way. ;]</span></span>
    cr7179.png
  • You don't have banners similar to anyone else I've seen on VP, but I've seen similar banners and graphics over the years, and I myself remember doing similar techniques. As stated, a lot of your recent banners are merges/fading with a color filter/layer; fairly easy to achieve with a good photo manipulation program and some know-how.<br><br>
    I do -something- to make mine look like mine.
    <br> This is what I agree with. No matter how similar a lot of styles come, the artist generally has little details that are unique to them, which makes them easy(sometimes) to pick out. I can look at the hundreds of people that duplicate Disney styles, and I can actually tell a lot of them apart, but they all still look like Disney styles.<br><br> Yes, you do have a style. No one said you didn't.<br> Everyone has a style that is unique to some degree.
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • I agree with Sushi totally. Whenever I see your work I know it's yours. You do not put a signture on it and it's got its on personal style. I cold try forever I could still not even copy the text. :cry: But your work is great that is why my avatar and signature were made by you. :lol:
  • <span style="color:#0000FF"><span style="font-size:85"><3 your work Nickel. Forever & always ;3</span></span>
  • I know what you mean Nickel. It's annoying. <br><br>One person straight out asked me if I could write them a list of how I do my banners. <br>Some people only know how to eat spoon fed and can't figure out anything for themselves.<br>Few months ago same thing was happening to me and I wrote a vent about it and everyone<br>said I was in the wrong and not the people copying me. I literally had proof they were<br>COPYING me, not just using my ideas, and no op or anyone did ANYTHING about it.<br><br>T'is why I rarely do art on here anymore, and if I do, it's old styles nothing new.
    "war cry" presas canarios, aryan molossus, and cao.