Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wehasamouse.

edited July 2010 in General Discussion
<span style="font-size:92">We've been hearing a lot of noises from the kitchen lately.. and. we thought we had a mouse, but never found any traces of one or anything.<br><br>Tonight, we heard a bag rustling in the pantry, and when we went and started moving stuff off the shelf, sure enough a little brown mouse ran out, across the kitchen, and under the stove. He got away. D<<br><br>SO. we're having an all night stake out to catch his little butt. >D</span>
<span style="font-size: 10pt;">rLHC1jx.gif </span><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">sophierue.png</span><span style="font-size: small;"> </span></div><div><span style="font-size: small;">oh I swear to ya, I'll be there for ya.
10.31.10 ❤
</span></div>

Comments

• Have fun catching him xD
    KENDALLDREAMY.png
  • haha gooduck! just dont hurt him! D= They are sooooo cute!
  • LMAO yeah been there done that. We still have the mouse we caught. We think he was someone's pet that got turned loose cause he loved(and still loves) people. He's skiddish at first but very friendly for a mouse.
    together.jpg
  • my mom caught a mouse in a trap yesterday. she was at work, and i went out into the garage, i saw it, came inside, called her. me: "YOU ARE AN EVIL PERSON. ppoooooooooooooorrr little mousey!"
    dogcot2.png
    22/100 mill so far
    I <3 Family Force 5!! on the hunt for another sponcer
  • Awwwww I'm the same way.. I'd rather trap it alive then let it go somewhere away from the house.. I hate when my parents kill a mouse =( They are so adorable
  • <span style="font-size:92">I honestly don't care if we catch it alive or not. I love animals but there's a point where I have to draw the line. Mice carry diseases, and this one is living under my stove and eating food in my pantry. I own a hamster, and I love him with all my heart, he's pretty much a big mouse with no tail. But he safely resides in a glass aquarium up on a shelf in my room with no way of escaping, away from my food and dishes. It's not having anything against mice, but I don't want a dirty rodent crawling around in my food and on our pots and pans underneath our stove in the drawer -- which we just noticed last night when he ran under it. We took the drawer out and found all kinds of rat.. poo. Quite frankly, it's disgusting and I'm beyond caring about him being safe, I just want him out of my kitchen.</span>
    <span style="font-size: 10pt;">rLHC1jx.gif </span><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">sophierue.png</span><span style="font-size: small;"> </span></div><div><span style="font-size: small;">oh I swear to ya, I'll be there for ya.
    10.31.10 ❤
    </span></div>
  • Sea Oats wrote:
    <span style="font-size:92">I honestly don't care if we catch it alive or not. I love animals but there's a point where I have to draw the line. Mice carry diseases, and this one is living under my stove and eating food in my pantry. I own a hamster, and I love him with all my heart, he's pretty much a big mouse with no tail. But he safely resides in a glass aquarium up on a shelf in my room with no way of escaping, away from my food and dishes. It's not having anything against mice, but I don't want a dirty rodent crawling around in my food and on our pots and pans underneath our stove in the drawer -- which we just noticed last night when he ran under it. We took the drawer out and found all kinds of rat.. poo. Quite frankly, it's disgusting and I'm beyond caring about him being safe, I just want him out of my kitchen.</span>
    <br><br>That's what i would think if i had a mouse in my kitchen .
    KENDALLDREAMY.png
  • The 2 houses where I used to live had lots of rats and mice(one was in a rural area, and then the other one had fruit trees). They just don't bother me. I've never had a problem with them, other than being shocked a few times as they bolted away or ran into you(first time I yelled a curse word in front of my mom was because a rat ran into my leg). I used to hand catch them, but I went out and bought catch and release traps when I heard about them a couple years ago. They are just as cheap and take just as long, but the little mouse that meant no harm gets to have a second chance.<br><br> Who knows, maybe the mouse you have isn't just a regular mouse. We have protected kangroo rats in my area that look, and and act just like regular mice, and I know many have been killed because people assumed they were mice. It's very sad to me.<br><br>Whatever you feel you need to do, please don't use poison.
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • <span style="font-size:92">I have an issue with dirty rodents in my house. We can't use poison because of the dog, but I did buy traps today. When I go to get cereal for breakfast an have to throw an entire bag of Malt-o-Meal away because something chewed through it, I have no sympathy.</span>
    10.31.10 ❤
    </span></div>
  • Dogcot wrote:
    my mom caught a mouse in a trap yesterday. she was at work, and i went out into the garage, i saw it, came inside, called her. me: "YOU ARE AN EVIL PERSON. ppoooooooooooooorrr little mousey!"
    <br><br>LOL
  • You have to give him some sympathy. Hes just trying to live. Its not like he knows better. I mean imagine if you were that mouse. Youd be scared and hungry and just trying to live. Its not his fault hes stuck in your house.<br><br>However I do agree that it sucks having to throw out food. That would be annoying
    slipknot-1.png
  • Sybhat3 wrote:
    You have to give him some sympathy. Hes just trying to live. Its not like he knows better. I mean imagine if you were that mouse. Youd be scared and hungry and just trying to live. Its not his fault hes stuck in your house.<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">However I do agree that it sucks having to throw out food. That would be annoying</span>
    <br><br>Not to mention that its expensive and a waste of money.<br><br>Good luck catching it vi. :)
    8x32tt.png
  • <span style="font-size:92">We set a trap last night and caught one this morning around 9:15, then immediately set another trap and caught another one within 15 minutes. D:</span>
    10.31.10 ❤
    </span></div>
  • holy crap you're catchin them left and right
    together.jpg
  • Eh i agree with Vi 100%.<br>If you go off the "not his fault thing", have you ever killed a mosquito who was sucking your blood? He was just trying to live right? Not his fault?<br>Or an ant biting you? It's just trying to stay alive and you walking was threatening it...<br>I mean they're all animals per say but a snake, mouse, bug or whatever that is threatening your well-being, just has to go.
    Ven.png
  • I wasnt saying I disagree. I just believe in humane traps.<br><br>I have a soft spot for mice because my old house we used to catch them all the time, like weekly, if not monthly. I would name them after we caught them (We used this cagey catcher type thing) And then I would walk to the railroad tracks and let them go.
    slipknot-1.png
  • Mice that infect your house should be given no mercy. :? <br><br> We used to have them -all over in our house- and didn't do anything until we got the money to buy lots of sticky pads and traps. Every few minutes we would catch a mouse. We easily caught of 20 mouseys in our house in one night, it was sickening. We didn't do anything about it until I complained so much and kept telling them there was mice in our pantry. <br><br> So, Vi I support you on getting rid of them. If you have one mouse, you WILL have more if you don't do anything about it.
    2u9tik7.png
    "Discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in New Eyes."
  • Buffy wrote:
    Eh i agree with Vi 100%.<br>If you go off the "not his fault thing", have you ever killed a mosquito who was sucking your blood? He was just trying to live right? Not his fault?<br>Or an ant biting you? It's just trying to stay alive and you walking was threatening it...<br>I mean they're all animals per say but a snake, mouse, bug or whatever that is threatening your well-being, just has to go.
    <br> The people that are against the traps, aren't saying that it shouldn't "go," just that we would prefer if humane catch and release traps were used. Of course, if something is bothering you and/or threatening you then it does need to be removed. I won't disagree with that, but to feel absolutely no sympathy about killing an animal for any reason(clothes, food, health, safety, sport, and so on)...I personally can't agree with that. Mosquitoes, mice, snakes and so on are just as meaningful as my dogs or cats, so I do feel sympathy when they die. Heck, I can't even pull up a weeds without feeling sorry.
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • I wasnt saying she shouldnt get rid of it. I was just saying that you cant be mad at it for trying to live.
    slipknot-1.png
  • Sybhat3 wrote:
    I wasnt saying she shouldnt get rid of it. I was just saying that you cant be mad at it for trying to live.
    <br><span style="font-size:92">See, like I said, I'm not mad at it for trying to live. But it's eating up what I have to use to live. When it's in my house, I just want it out in any way possible. We have a very fixed budget, and with so many people living here, throwing two whole bags of cereal and a bag of sugar away is ridiculous.</span>
    10.31.10 ❤
    </span></div>
  • Poison is always a no for me regardless of whether or not you have a dog. It's too inhumane. I've watched poison mouse die, and hemorrhaging blood from all of my openings seems unpleasant somehow. Snap traps are fast and won't hurt anything except what it catches, unlike poisoned mice that wander outside and become easy owl food. I hate mouse poison and want it outlawed, period. I catch mice and release them down the road near a mouse-infested abandoned barn, but I'm not above using a snap trap. My favorites are the electric traps that have been shown to put them out quickly and humanely. I hate sticky glue traps for similar reasons to why I hate poison - it's needlessly cruel.<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">TL;DR</span> - Kill it to protect yourself and your food, but don't be a jerk about it xD
    seaoats_insanityban.png
  • Xaetian wrote:
    Poison is always a no for me regardless of whether or not you have a dog. It's too inhumane. I've watched poison mouse die, and hemorrhaging blood from all of my openings seems unpleasant somehow. Snap traps are fast and won't hurt anything except what it catches, unlike poisoned mice that wander outside and become easy owl food. I hate mouse poison and want it outlawed, period. I catch mice and release them down the road near a mouse-infested abandoned barn, but I'm not above using a snap trap. My favorites are the electric traps that have been shown to put them out quickly and humanely. I hate sticky glue traps for similar reasons to why I hate poison - it's needlessly cruel.<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">TL;DR</span> - Kill it to protect yourself and your food, but don't be a jerk about it xD
    <br><br>Agreed ^.^