Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Those damn high school girls.

edited June 2010 in Vent
They annoy the hell out of me. Gossip this, gossip that. "I don't like her because she's dating the guy I've liked for 4 years." "I don't like him because he spends too much time with my best friend." "I don't like them because... well, I don't know why. I just don't like them."<br><br>Those are just some petty examples.<br><br>There's one girl in my school who doesn't like me because a) I'm one of the only ones that doesn't treat her like a queen, and b) after she already didn't like me, I started dating the guy she's liked for approximately... 4-5 years. She states she's in love with him to all her friends.<br><br>Big whoop. Get over it, everybody else does. I'm sorry he didn't feel the same way about you. He doesn't like you, respect that.<br><br>These girls create unneccessary drama and blame it on somebody else. Hello, how about you don't start anything? How about minding your own business and avoiding those who you don't like/don't like you? Maybe that will help, eh? Oh, and try getting your facts straight before freaking out. Rumors are rumors, they aren't true. It's high school. Didn't you expect rumors? Ignore them.<br><br>I know this is a stupid rant. But sometimes I can hardly handle it anymore. Even if I ignore them, they still get under my skin. Drama is occurring in younger and younger ages, too. My sister in grade five, elementary school is dealing with petty little kid drama. Except, these grade fives are "dating" boys, making it all the more dramatic about nothing. I don't remember having ANY drama in grade 5, or any years, until this year. Then again, I never had any interest in boys in elementary school.<br><br><br>Does anyone else feel like freaking out at everybody and telling them to just shut up about all this drama crap?

Comments

• It's high school. It'll be over before you know it and guess what, the world isn't any better.<br>High School Never Ends -Bowling For Soup.<br><br>True enough.<br><br>And guess what? It doesn't mean anything. Your "social life" what you do in high school? Grades are about the only thing that is going to follow you into you life. [besides any run ins with the law etc] but the drama? It won't follow you into the real world. Drama is gonna be there, constantly but once you're away from high school. the drama is different.<br>"Don't let it get to you." <Isn't that what everyone says? It's going to, you tough it out and get over it. Great advice huh?<br>It's 3 am what else could you possibly expect from me but a random bunch of blahness? =P <br>The only real thing to remember? "Life Goes On."
    Ven.png
  • I agree with buffy. I asked Vampy's older brother (who started college about a year ago) if drama ended after high school and he said that it gets TONS better.<br><br>i know how you feel with the dating thing. Did you remember one of my earlier rants about this girl at my school? She "hates" me now because i "stole" the boy she liked from her. It's not our fault thta these guys didn't like them the same way ya know?<br><br>It will get better =) I don't think I had any drama till my 8th grade year, but that was because of Vampy's cousin starting un-needed bullpoopie.<br><br>It got better after that =D Good luck and try not to hurt anyone xD
  • I agree with Buffers and Garn, but see-I get the same issue. XD<br>I mean, I'm not dating the guy..but I started talking to him and all I got from this one chica was the death glare. XD lmfao I think it's actually hilarious..but now, she "has" the guy that I like now. They aren't dating, but she shoves it in my face every chance she gets. >.o I mean, ya know. Just not worth it. :#<br>But yeah, it supposedly gets better after high school, with a different kind of dramas, but it's always there, no matter where you go. ;-; It sucks, but it's life nowadays. :|
    az7051.jpg<3
  • I know it's life. It's just kind of pathetic. xD Lol. I didn't know what anyone was talking about when they said the word 'drama' until this year.
  • The drama doesn't always end after high school. It depends really on who you are, what you do, who you hang out when you're older and what they're like, etc. I hear sometimes from my drum teacher, who is in his 30s, that he still gets all kinds of high school drama from his ex, his new girlfriend, his old band, the singer in his one band is mad at him because he doesn't like the guitar player in another band he plays for, etc. But I also hear from other people they don't have any drama. Then again my moms best friends dont even talk anymore all because of some stupid fight they had like 3 years ago...high schoolish, right? Not that that made you feel any better, but I wouldn't want you to get your hopes up way high that its all gonna end, and then it doesnt. ;]
    slipknot-1.png
  • I was very mean and weird, the drama followed me out the door when I went home schooled, it still follows me. (not as much) It only follows me when I hang out with my high school friends (which is like never anymore), but I am getting away from this town and I won't have to deal with it anymore.
  • I think anyone who has the mentality that they have rights to someone because they liked them for X amount of years needs a wake up call. If they liked them so much, and for so long, then why in the world didn't they do anything? You snooze you loose. Just assuming that they did make moves, but got rejected, means they need to move on with their lives. It's scarily obsessive if they don't.<br><br>I must say high school was horrible. I hated it so much I graduated in 3 years, because I wasn't going to go through it any more. By the time you're in college, some of the idiots have been weeded out, and half of the people are just trying to get school over with. My opinion is that if an abnormal amount of drama follows you after graduation, it's because you've allowed it to. Discretion is a powerful tool.
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • Cybe; Thanks. I know there'll always be drama in life, but I hope it's not petty crap like this stuff in high school.<br><br>Avla; Getting away sounds good right now. xD<br><br>PrinceSushi; No kidding. This girl is sort of scarily obsessive. Even when she pisses off my boyfriend or vice versa, she still thinks, "Oh, he's my best friend. (:" And yesterday she was following him around because <span style="font-style:italic">I</span> wasn't at school. Seriously? Get over him. Move on. And get lost. Although it annoys me, not to the extent that I get overwhelmed and freak out. I don't get jealous of her following him around... Basically, I think of it as: he's mine, not hers, what's there to be jealous of? xD<br><br>I'm so looking forward to my next school. They don't tolerate the bunch of idiots that are at my school. Basically, the rules are the rules, you break them too badly or too many times, you're out. That sounds good to me.
  • Ah, those girls are no good. They need some Bush Dogs to straighten them up! Though, I am bothered by the same thing at my school. <br><br>Bush Dogs
    Arispas-1.jpg
  • I have no drama ;D None at all, huzzah! I am usually the person people tell stories about drama to. I also get told all the good secrets because they no I won't say anything xD. Im a little of a loner so I guess thats why my level of drama is hardly existent. Im also the type of person to try and settle things right away and not wait.<br><br>Like the others said, Im sure it will get better. Highschool is only 4yrs (or 3 like sushi) out of 70+ years or so. <br><br>By the way, I think its ridiculous for kids in elementary school to date. It seems odd. In highschool, your gf or bf can pick you up but younger than that, you have to say "mom can you drive me to the movies so I can see my boyfriend?" or something xD
    8x32tt.png
  • Im also the type of person to try and settle things right away and not wait.
    <br><br>Ah, you're like me! I try and settle it all right then, but apparently people don't appreciate that. -_- Like once, a couple of my friends told me one of my other friends was being grumpy all the time and they didn't like her anymore. Well, dude, uhdurr, of course she's grumpy. She's stressed with school and dance and chores around her house, etc. Who wouldn't be grumpy/irritable? So I told that friend that a few others thought she was being too grumpy (just so she's aware of it, she might've not even realized she was being grumpy). She asked who, so I told her, and she was very, very upset. She didn't realize she'd been being grumpy. I didn't notice it all either. Even though none of those friends said, "Oh, don't tell her we said she's grumpy. Keep it to yourself," they still got mad at me for telling her. I was trying to help. I thought by telling her, she'd realize it, and try and watch what she said/did or at least try to be happier.<br><br>So, I'm through with trying to fix things between girls. They're too mean. Just plain mean. Half the time I think they're being mean for no reason, and when I try to fix it, they don't want me to because they like being mean or something.<br><br>And btw, elementary school is grades 4-7 here. I'm not able to drive and neither is my boyfriend yet xD I guess I should be calling it 'junior high school' because I'm only in grade 9. :D xD So I have to ask mommy for a ride too 8D Haha. Actually, I don't. I normally bike/walk to the place I'd like to be if I'm allowed. I live in a small, small town. ;D
  • Well.. our middle school used to be 7-9 but now its 6-8. But yeah, I was mainly applying that to elementary kids. Middle school.. I dont entirely agree with either but thats just my opinion. In my view, your in highschool because you are in 9th even though you may not be in that building. I was in the Junior High when I was in 9th. :)<br><br>And.. I think I'd be mad too being told I was grumpy xD.
    8x32tt.png
  • :/ Thats horrible! Drama is of course attention seeking behavior. Just don't let it get the best of you. She is one of the girls who can't get enough of making others well feel insecure. The best way to ignore them is to think about how lucky you are to have a great boyfriend.
    1zfr42u.jpg
  • Girls are clueless in high school typically. Dating shouldn't be that important, mer. Lack of Bush Dogs,me swears!
    Arispas-1.jpg
  • Arispa wrote:
    Girls are clueless in high school typically. Dating shouldn't be that important, mer. Lack of Bush Dogs,me swears!
    <br><br><br>Girls are clueless in general. And, I'm not ashamed to throw myself into that group. I can be a bit ditzy at times.
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.
  • Arispa wrote:
    Girls are clueless in high school typically. Dating shouldn't be that important, mer. Lack of Bush Dogs,me swears!
    <br><br><br>Girls are clueless in general. And, I'm not ashamed to throw myself into that group. I can be a bit ditzy at times.
    <br><br>I resent that remark. Not all girls are clueless. I know whats going in around me and with the people around me 99.9% of the time. You cant lump all people together. Just because you and your friends are ditzy it doesnt mean the entire female population "in general" is like that.
    slipknot-1.png
  • Sybhat3 wrote:
    <br>I resent that remark. Not all girls are clueless. I know whats going in around me and with the people around me 99.9% of the time. You cant lump all people together. Just because you and your friends are ditzy it doesnt mean the entire female population "in general" is like that.
    <br><br>Amen! xD<br>Of course, my brain functions like a dudes so I don't think that is saying very much either. :C But, I am not clueless. :D
  • Yeah... a lot of girls are clueless, but hey, so are a lot of dudes, in high school and in general. Gender doesn't really have much to do with the level of cluelessness.
  • Same here. I've never been described as clueless/ditzy by others or by myself. I've always been very goal focused, and quite serious. To say all girls(at all ages) are clueless is gender stereotyping. Both males and females of various ages can be clueless. I'd personally say my brother is going through a clueless phase at the moment. I would say being clueless or not has more to do with your maturity level and life experiences than anything else.<br><br>I don't think SunnyDaysDontLie really meant <span style="font-style:italic">all</span> members of the female population though, but do correct me if I am wrong. Probably just a bad choice of words.
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.
  • Sybhat3 wrote:
    Arispa wrote:
    <br><br>I resent that remark. Not all girls are clueless. I know whats going in around me and with the people around me 99.9% of the time. You cant lump all people together. Just because you and your friends are ditzy it doesnt mean the entire female population "in general" is like that.
    <br><br><br>What I meant is that our actions are clueless. Not that we're not intelligent, but the things that we talk about are just...stupid. The actions we make, the daily decisions we make, can be stupid. And guys, too. But the guys that I am with during the school day aren't the idiots. ;P
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.