Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My brother's majorly sick?

edited January 2010 in General Discussion
He keeps vomiting? He has like 10 times now. I don't think he has a fever. Any suggestions?<br><br>(he had an uber ammount of salt last night)
Sweatshirts - the best way of showing school spirit without getting off the couch

Comments

• Try some apple cider vinegar, my grandma uses that for every kind of illness and it works! It has a horrid taste though.
  • Avla wrote:
    Try some apple cider vinegar, my grandma uses that for every kind of illness and it works! It has a horrid taste though.
    <br>I'll tell her. We have some.<br>Wouldn't he throw it up though?
    Sweatshirts - the best way of showing school spirit without getting off the couch
  • Omg. Ok. He has no fever, they're taking him to the pediatrician to get something to calm his stomach. <br>He shouldn't be contagious*knock on wood*<br>But if the meds don't work, he'll be hospitalised.
  • He shouldn't throw up, depending on how much he can tolerate bad taste.<br>And I hope he does okay, I'm guessing it's from all that salt.
  • Could be food poioning? Or a rejection to salt..? I drank like a 1.5 litre bottle of coke once in a few hours.. Then like a litre another, and now I can hardly drink half a glass without thowing up.. (did the other times as well) I'm like now allergic to it now or something.. Or could be a stomach bug? Years back I threw up about 20time in one night.. Anyway, some ideas..
    Coldplay4.jpg

Please PM me if I win anything.
    - Reached 9x4 Tibetan Terriers & 9x4 Kashmiri Sheepdogs.
    Want help with graphics making? Just PM me!
    6/40
  • I was sick last year in May. I vomited around12 times and had no fever. I just tried to stick to being in bed and I stopped bringing things back up in a little less than 24hrs. I was better in about 3 days. Maybe it's something similar. And I don't think salt has anything to do with it?
    8x32tt.png
  • The meds did not help his stomach. Last night they took him to the hospital and he got iv fluids. They put something in the IV to help calm his stomach. He hasn't vomited since 8:00 last night. I'm staying at a friend's house until he gets better. I think it may be food poisening, though none of us are sure.<br>*grabs lysol*<br>o_o must. disenfect.
  • I was really sick like that a few weeks ago.. I puked for like 6 hours straight, no joke. I still don't know what was wrong with me and I'm still not totally better, lol. It sucked but it only lasted 6 hours. I think we live in the same state so maybe it's just a bug going around? Hope he gets better though!
    6on02p.jpg20svx47.png
  • did you have a fever?
  • I think it is a bug going around, my sister went out with her friends last night and she threw up out of no where, but she hasn't today and she hasn't had a fever...so I don't know.
  • Yeah, I did have a fever but viruses do different things to different people. He's in the best place possible now though.. If it was really serious I'm sure the doctors would have done more than just IV fluids.
    6on02p.jpg20svx47.png
  • For me it's either no fever, or life threatening fever when I get sick. The last time I had a fever was 5-6 years ago when I was hospitalized for meningitis, but in between then and now I've contracted things that made me puke up my guts, and none were accompanied by a fever. I think it just depends on what it is and how a persons immune system reacts.<br><br>I've also been told certain influenza viruses don't always cause fevers in certain people. Maybe he has the flu?
    I'm done with VP. I'll just be around until I get all my dogs and lines placed in good hands. If you want to contact me, please do so through deviantART.