Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does no one have an original idea anymore?!

edited October 2009 in Vent
I am so sick of people remaking old movies. Espically Michael Bay. He makes me want to...well. He makes me wish he would just crawl in a hole. I dont like his work. He redid Friday the 13th, wasnt great. Hes remaking Nightmare on Elm Street, and I cant even watch the previews they look so horrible. And Rob Zombie remaking Halloween? Thats just no. He should stick with music. And nearly all the movies coming out are just remakes of old movies. Does no one have an original idea anymore?! Quit trying to remake old movies. They ain't broke, so don't try and fix them! It makes me so mad! ><
slipknot-1.png

Comments

• awww Cybe...I feel your pain. Don't forget they also remade Texas the Chainsaw Massacre :/ That one was EXTREMELY horrible. Out of all the remakes, I like Rob Zombie's Halloween the best. It actually had a plot and it explains how Michael became a killer and how his lifestyle was as a kid (like how he got picked on, horrible family life, etc.). Like for example, the original one.....Michael lived in a normal setting with happy parents. So, I was thinking, how can you get a killer from there. Rob Zombies actually gave him a horrible life which turned him into a killer.<br>They tried to do the same thing too with Friday the 13th, but it didn't turn out well. The original one, explains pretty well how Jason and mother went crazy and stuff.<br>Nightmare on Elm Street, doesn't need to be explained. It's pretty straight forward.<br><br>Oh, I saw the previews to the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street....and I don't like it. You can't have someone replace Robert Englund....He's the best Freddy and the only true Freddy.
    83ued_zps40542328.png
  • Lycanthrin wrote:
    <br>Oh, I saw the previews to the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street....and I don't like it. You can't have someone replace Robert Englund....He's the best Freddy and the only true Freddy.
    <br><br>I know right?! That makes me so mad. And I liked Rob Zombies first Halloween but the 2nd one. Just no. I hated it xD
    slipknot-1.png
  • hahaha yeah. I haven't see the 2nd Halloween by Rob Zombie, I saw the previews to it months ago before it came out. It looked good, so i guess I'll wait till it comes out on dvd and i might rent it. Not sure yet.
    83ued_zps40542328.png
  • Lol it came out on my birthday and I was so excited to go see it. I mean, when does a movie come out on your birthday that you actually want to see? Never I tell you! And my cousin and his girlfriend took us so I was super excited about going to see an R rated movie without my mommy Im cool, I know xD <br><br>I mean, it was okay. But if he makes another one I probably wotn even bother to see it. He wasnt even supposed to make a second one the liar! xD In an interview a couple years ago he said 'Im just remaking the first one and Im done. Dont expect another.'
    slipknot-1.png
  • O.O<br><br>I absolutely LOVED Friday the 13th (09)! xD <br>Me and a group of my friends went to go see it. Great. I lmao. I loved seeing Jason run and the HD resolution of the film, the action. the kids were stupid, but nothing new there. Good times.. good times.. <br><br>Lmao, I know, I know..I'm bashing the bashing party. But I never was a die hard fan of those old horror flicks. xD <br><br>But yes. I've given up hope for the this generation (and the last)'s creativity. I understand what you mean about that originality bit - no one seems to have any. I don't know... maybe they're afraid to try something new. You know, afraid the public wont like it. <br><br>Bah. Then again, they did release that one movie.. The Strangers, last year. Omfg, that was one of the <i>worst</i> movies I'd ever seen in my life. I mean, honestly. Horrible! I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be creative... it was. It was creatively horrible. <br><br>Think on the bright side, at least if they do come up with a film that's amazing - SAW (Omfg, I love Saw films - just came to me, lmao. Very original and good imo) - everyone'll appreciate it more. ;P
    Birds-1.gif
  • Ohmy. You dont even know how much I love Jason. Its scary. I love him so much my friends tell people we're married. (Im married to a fictional character, hooray!) And when people look at me funny I just say 'They dont put my in the movies cause all the other girls will get jealous.' The look on peoples faces is SO funny. FT13th was alright but I wanted to smack Michael Bay when I left the theater. xD<br><br>Btw 'it was creatively horrible' made me laugh so hard for whatever reason xD <br><br>Eh. SAWs okay. I never really go into it xD
    slipknot-1.png