Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Woodticks! Ahhh!

edited June 2009 in General Discussion
So, summer is tick season. Ticks love the woods. I love the woods.<br><br>Eeek! They are EVERYWHERE. I find the stupid things on my body, in my hair, on/in my clothing, in my stuff. I found a few after I took a shower! <span style="font-weight:bold">AFTER.</span> :shock: Plus I swear I have some funky nerve ending thing, so it feels like I have them crawling on my legs all the time. (Does anyone know what that's called?)<br><br>I love the outdoors, and I honestly don't want to sacrifice my hikes. Of course, this past week, I have forgotten to wear DEET stuff, so I'll dig that out of somewhere soon, I hope. <br><br>Just now I saw a tick crawling across a model horse of mine, I was so freaked out. :oops: So I sort of screamed before doing anything about it...<br><br>BUT STILL. Eeeek! Does anyone have tips on how to repel them? I'm so afraid of Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain fever and things. I'm getting scared just typing that. :? <br><br>-scx<br><br>(This doesn't really make sense, does it? Well...sorry... :oops:)
Looking for handy jobs and kennels to share. Go here: http://virtualpups.com/phpbb/viewtopic. ... highlight=
Some of you owe me cash - so check your CONTRACTS!!

luv, scotch (who is very much FEMALE, everyone. FEMALE.)

Comments

• Scottie wrote:
    <br><br>Eeek! They are EVERYWHERE. I find the stupid things on my body, in my hair, on/in my clothing, in my stuff. I found a few after I took a shower! <span style="font-weight:bold">AFTER.</span> :shock: Plus I swear I have some funky nerve ending thing, so it feels like I have them crawling on my legs all the time. (Does anyone know what that's called?)<br>
    i think its paranoia i feel the same way..<br><br>as for repelant try using bug spray on you or wear a flea/tick collar as a bracelet (totaly a joke) other than that i cant really think of what you could do if i wear perfume they dont really attack me.
  • <span style="font-size:92"><span style="color:violet"><span style="font-style:italic">spray usually helps to prevent them; then theres always spray "bracelets" to put on that lasts longer then the actual spray. <br><br><br><br><br>and it's called <span style="font-weight:bold">restless leg syndrome. </span><br>i had it for awhile-<br>when you have anxiety, or very restless and jittery<br>it doesnt mean it will always be on your legs, i have a feeling they named it after people being jittery so they move a lot. <br>So if your nervous and uckky about the ticks; anxiety; then this is it xD<br><br>my cure for it was to relax, get away from problems, take a chill basically <br>xD hope that helps</span></span></span>
    37220.png
  • Ugh, these things creep me out so much >.<<br><br>We took the dogs for a walk (they have Frontline, so they're safe, lucky dogs) and, when they got back in the car (mind you, they ride in the back seat with me) the ticks were crawling up the seats and all over the place. I was about ready to fling the door open and run away flailing xD<br><br>This was in the fall though o.o ours arent too bad during the summer.
    All good things must come to an end. All endings will begin new good things.
    mini_nickel_vere_roan_quin_by_evlonarts_d6ih13_by_jaded_night-d775ero.png
  • @ lablover - I don't wear perfume, but I'm going to find some DEET spray. Thanks. :)<br>@Mahgic - I think that bracelet thing is a cool idea. I'll try to find some. And yeah, I just looked up restless leg syndrome and it sounds a lot like what my problem is. ;) Thanks a bunch.<br>@Nickelback - That sounds extremely gross! Where did they go that they got covered? Eek...
    Looking for handy jobs and kennels to share. Go here: http://virtualpups.com/phpbb/viewtopic. ... highlight=
    Some of you owe me cash - so check your CONTRACTS!!

luv, scotch (who is very much FEMALE, everyone. FEMALE.)
  • <span style="font-size:75">I went camping for the first time a few weeks ago. This place was tick-packed. I found two on my jacket, I was lucky. None on me. Some people had 4-5 or more on them. Ew. Ew. EW! I don't like getting sick.</span>
    2mhssbd.png
  • I've never had a tick on me, but they scare me o.o
    Michael Raymond <3
    10.10.10 10:10 pm <3
  • I got a tick on me in fall once. Woods ticks are supposed to die when fall comes and deer ticks (tiny tick and carriers of Lyme disease) stay out. I woke up and found a tick, a SMALL tick on my ear an I was freaking out! I thought I was going to die. We called the hospital near by and the lady asked me a bunch of questions. Obviously I didn't get it because I'm still here! xD
    Please PM if I win.
    2009_04_27Banner1Heartbeat1.png
    Boz's Art Dump
  • Scottie wrote:
    <br>@Nickelback - That sounds extremely gross! Where did they go that they got covered? Eek...
    <br><br>We went for a walk at some park, but we went back in the forest >.< Which was probably a stupid idea xD They dont really clean their paths much there<br><br><br>And yeah, I think its deerticks that we have =/ Someone who lives literally right down the road from me got Lymes disease, but they lived through it =P Im terribly paranoid but if you catch it early enough they can get it cleaned up, though I think it lives in you or something, so it can come back up =/
    All good things must come to an end. All endings will begin new good things.
    mini_nickel_vere_roan_quin_by_evlonarts_d6ih13_by_jaded_night-d775ero.png
  • We're supposed to have ticks around where I live, but I've never seen one, and my dog and cats have never had one... There are woods all around here, and I spend a ton of time in them... I don't think bugs like me.
    (SPIDERS!)
  • <span style="color:indigo"><span style="font-size:75">ahh I feel like I have them on me now just by reading that >.<<br>I don't even know what they look like honestly.</span></span>
    14obmrm.jpg
  • Trianna wrote:
    We're supposed to have ticks around where I live, but I've never seen one, and my dog and cats have never had one... There are woods all around here, and I spend a ton of time in them... I don't think bugs like me.
    <br><br>Same with me x]
    Michael Raymond <3
    10.10.10 10:10 pm <3