Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

30 Hour Famine

<span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:#ff00d2">Well.. I was wondering if anybody else had heard of/done this. I started mine 10 mins ago.. so woo! 29 hours and 50 mins left to go!<br><br>The 30 hour famine is a huge event to help stop poverty and to feed the dying kids in 3rd world countries who are starving from starvation and lack of clean water. The main way people make money on this is going and collecting pledges. I've gotten around $200 this year. Which is.. about 300 less than I got last time, but then my Dad was taking it around too. xD And this year he's out of town, so.<br><br>Back on topic. o.0<br>So, has anyone ever done this? Or even heard about it?<br><br>The official famine date is April 3rd or something, but we're on spring break then so our school is doing it today.<br>So I'm actually staying over at the school tonight, which doesn't sound do great. But, at least my friends will be there with me. And then tomorrow we get a party to break our fast. <br><br>I'm kinda rambling about this. xDD But, I may be on tonight depending if my friends decide to use the computers at all. If not, see you all tomorrow <3</span></span>
12.png
Thanks for the lovely banner, Nickel :)

Comments

• I did it several years ago,very hard,good luck :D
    wereback.png

MITZI
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:#ff00d2">hehe thanks.<br>I'm soo hungry. ;-;</span></span>
    12.png
  • whatever you do refrain from the That-sounds-soooo-good-right-now thinking it makes it worse<br>XD
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:#ff00d2">lmao I know.<br>I am keeping busy. 8D<br><br>It's pretty easy when you're not around any food,<br>But when I went home and my Dad was eating it was awful. xDD<br><br>And now it's also better that my friends are going <span style="font-style:italic">Mmmmm</span> and eating their food. xDDD</span></span>
    12.png
  • I'm hungry :P I can go get food though lol. :P Soreeeey!
    ((: ... anqel'
  • <span style="font-size:92">I want to do that. o.o I could pull it off..maybe. >_> xD It probably wouldn't be very hard, but I think at my school you can get in trouble for not eating. They probably assume if you don't eat like once that you have an eating disorder and that's why. But I'd do that. >D</span>
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:#ff00d2">lmao 50 mins!<br><br>I'm doing it with my school.. and anyways people don't care if you eat or not. <br><br>I am so jealous TheDogHandler (I really need a nickname for you. o.o)<br><br>Nolly, it IS pretty easy. until the last two hours. Right now I am STARVING.<br>It really makes me feel that much worse for the kids in the 3rd world countries. We watched some videos on it, and the things those kids have to do just to stay alive.. is pretty awful.</span></span>
    12.png
  • I want to do that. <br>It reminds me of this thing my school is helping out with. The Invisible Children thing. Look it up if you don't know what it is. If you really want to help out I think there's still time for you to join the new rally thing where people are "abducting" themselves.<br>I wanted to get the shirts for "wear-these-two-shirts-for-a-whole-month" thing, but it's $30 and I don't think I have that much money.<br>The shirts are neat, too. I love the AK47 one.
  • I did that last year. It's not hard. You are allowed 1 cup of rice and 1 cup of chicken broth. My suggestion, boil the rice in chicken brother and not water, tastes much better.<br><br>I raised $377.15 last year, so I fed and vaccinated a family in Africa. It's not that hard, I had fun with it. I wish you the best of luck. :)<br><br>-Solar
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:#ff00d2">lmao 50 mins!<br><br>I'm doing it with my school.. and anyways people don't care if you eat or not. <br><br>I am so jealous TheDogHandler (I really need a nickname for you. o.o)<br><br>Nolly, it IS pretty easy. until the last two hours. Right now I am STARVING.<br>It really makes me feel that much worse for the kids in the 3rd world countries. We watched some videos on it, and the things those kids have to do just to stay alive.. is pretty awful.</span></span>
    <br><br>Nickname is Angel lol. Says it in the sigggiieeee! :) People always do that :P lmao.<br><br>Heh, when I can eat I don't want to, and when I can't eat I really really want to! It's annoying, and now I don't want to eat :P But I'm hungryyy!
    ((: ... anqel'
  • <span style="font-size:92">I really want to do this now..so I might try it sometime this week. xD I should make all my friends do it with me, although I don't know if they'll cheat..>.> xD I wouldn't. </span>
  • ...30 hour famine?<br><br>We had to do 40 hours XD 30 hours would probably be just as hard though. Good luck with it, you're doing awesomely 8D
    6y2t1t.gif
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:#ff00d2">That sounds cool Wert. I'mma for sure look that up. And that shirt thing sounds cool.. I'll look that up also. xDD<br><br>Thanks Solar. :D We were allowed one cup of rice, but I decided I didn't want that unless I needed it. And.. I didn't so I went without it. That awesome that you could help that family. I hope I get that high too. Even though I've already done the famine, I'mma still be going around collecting donations.<br><br>Wow Moss. o: I don't even wanna think about doing 40 hours. xDD<br>But.. I guess it wouldn't be too much harder. Since, I think I just got really hungry at the end cause I was getting anxious. haha<br><br>Okie, thanks Angel. xDD I guess it would of been smart to look there.<br><br>And Nolly, I'm pretty sure you could even order a Leader package. It'll come with pledge sheets and all the information you need to know. Then you and your friends could officially do it. :D</span></span>
    12.png
  • hrm i should drop this buy the project china kids...They'd love the idea, since all the other fund raisers are sucking, cause no one knows about them till the last day.
    ccf3ec1cafcdf67c83857705ffcc4d77-d5ztjco.gif
  • <span style="font-size:75">30 hours? I can barely last 5 without food. xDDD But seriously. I would love to do something like this(and break my habit of eating. xD I'm telling you! My metabolism will catch up! D;) but.. When I went to school, it was only middle schoolers who did it, and then I stopped in 5th grade. Now I'm homeschooled.. so.. xDD But I'm rooting for you! 8D</span>
    2mhssbd.png
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:#ff00d2">That usually happens in out school too Wheaty. But we had a fundraiser event planned for everyday, we also added it in the morning announcements, so everyone knew what was happening. xD<br><br>lmao Dreamy! I'm usually the same with food. xPP I have problems with eating when I'm bored.. so.. when I was bored I was like 'Omg what do I do now! D;'<br>But.. I made it. lmao</span></span>
    12.png
  • <span style="font-size:92">Omg. I eat when I'm bored too. I have problems with that. Because I'm like "Oh I have nothing to do, I'ma go find something to eat!" and then I eat when I'm not hungry, which is bad. D<</span>