Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Manga

edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Ok, so I used to read it.<br><br>Alot.<br><br>Too much.<br><br>Anyways, I loved it, and I stopped cold-turkey when my bff (who had introduced it to me), moved a territory and a couple provinces away almost 3 years ago. (Ontario to Northwest Territories)<br><br>And... I need to read it again.<br><br>One of my many bgfs asked if I read it, and I said I used to and loved it. Now, the craving for manga has come back, and I have no idea what to read.<br><br>I can only remember ONE that I used to read: Inuyasha, because I still have one of her books. (Ooops, my bad XD)<br><br>So... all that leads up to; I need to know what to read, as I cannot remember what I read, its been too long.<br><br>Oreos and milk to all those who can help!
scdoar.gifNSHC3.png
ebony1.png

Comments

• Loveless<br>Naruto <3<br>Death Note<br> :wink:
    Ven.png
  • Buffy wrote:
    Loveless<br>Naruto <3<br>Death Note<br> :wink:
    <br><br>Thanks.<br><br>I'll see if the library has copies
    scdoar.gifNSHC3.png
    ebony1.png
  • Bleach.. :D <br><br>I also read Vampire Knight.<br><br>And...<br><br>Black Cat is good on TV, so Im sure the manga is good too :)
    All good things must come to an end. All endings will begin new good things.
    mini_nickel_vere_roan_quin_by_evlonarts_d6ih13_by_jaded_night-d775ero.png
  • ok, thanks.<br><br>I'll see what I can find at the library.
    scdoar.gifNSHC3.png
    ebony1.png
  • Vampire Knight = <3<br>Ouran High School Host Club = One of my favs <3<br>Fruits Basket<br>Tsubasa<br>Godchild = <3<br>Demon Diary ;D
    bluehh.
  • hmm Fruits Basket was good. ^-^
    8x32tt.png
  • Oh, my, gawd, read Fushigi Yuugi. It is the best thing in the WORLD (i'm addicted)
    silverr.jpg
  • tarnish wrote:
    hmm Fruits Basket was good. ^-^
    <br><br>*Pokes Tarn* You need to read the manga! I know you've only seen the anime :P.<br><br>Most of what I have read has already been suggested lol. Here is a list of what I haven't seen mentioned that I think is good. A good way to get to read a lot of manga if your parents will let you or if you can get it yourself would be to subscribe to Shonen Jump and/or Shojo Beat magazines.<br><br>Nana<br>Honey and Clover<br>Eyeshield 21<br>Gravitation<br>GetBackers<br>HunterxHunter<br>Fullmetal Alchemist
    taras.jpgninatails.gif
    Tara.png
  • I've read some of the manga. o.o
    8x32tt.png
  • Do not get me started on Anime -drools- xD <br><br>I don't read the 'manga' or whatnot but I watch it on Tv or computer ;)
    Image21.png
  • We were reading the textbook in school today, and I'm so obsessed with Manga I started reading from right to left. It took me a full minute to realize that they were reading it like proper English. ^^
    silverr.jpg
  • I like manga but I only read a couple of series. <br><br>I read:<br>Inuyasha<br>Wolf's Rain<br>Inubaka<br>Ranma 1/2<br>Hana Kimi<br><br>That's it!! I actually prefer the anime of most of these series.
  • My favorite anime has to be Wolf's Rain, though for manga I gotta say Fushigi Yuugi.
    silverr.jpg
  • manga manga manga... I used read a lot but not really anymore...<br><br>Skip Beat<br>Fullmetal Alchemist<br>Naruto for sure<br>Dragon Drive is ok...<br>Paradise Kiss<br>Claymore!!!<br>D Gray Man <---- you have to read that!
  • Tina Wolf wrote:
    My favorite anime has to be Wolf's Rain, though for manga I gotta say Fushigi Yuugi.
    <br><br>Wolf's Rain is the most heartbreakingly beautiful anime ever! And I gave my copy as a leaving present to a good friend of mine. Sometimes I get a real craving to watch it again but I'm such a cry-baby I don't think I have the energy!
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:blue"><span style="font-weight:bold">Wolfs Rain</span> <--- Must! :shock: <br>Bleach<br>Vampire Knight<br>Death Note<br>Fullmetal Alchemist<br>Black Cat</span></span>
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:blue">I love how wolfs rain has such beauty to it! And yes, <br>it is very sad... But also very good. For some reason, not a lot of my <br>friend who have introduced me to mangas have read/seen it :shock: <br>That was a shocker to me! I've watched/read something they haven't... :lol: <br>I luffles Hige! :D </span></span>
  • for some reason it really passed under the mainstream anime viewers! But I agree it is a must see! I think that anime changes you a little once you've watched it... ^.^
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:blue">Completely! I have a whole greater respect now for wolves...! (not that I didn't before)</span></span> :D
  • Yeah I think it increased my respect for them! They really did wolves justice. And Cheza is a well cool character- I've got her singing on my ipod XD
  • xD I caught it on its last night on Adult Swim o.o Or, at least I think it was its last night, because I couldnt find it on the schedule after that, and I know it isnt there anymore.<br><br>An Inuyasha Movie was either ending... or going to begin, and it was either before/after it.. but I believe it was the last episode. And I tried to find it on there again, but it was nowhere to be seen :( <br><br>So, I have yet to see it. :? But, everyone that has seen it, loves it.. xD
  • It is EPIC. That's all that can be said. If you get another chance to see it- drop everything! If you follow it from the beginning, you really get wrapped up in all the characters. I don't think it's an anime you could ever start watching halfway through like some series @_@
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:blue">I completely agree with Kleio! *high fives*<br>You can watch it fully (I'm pretty sure) on Veoh.com or maybe even Youtube.com :? <br>Basically anywhere that has anime movies... :) </span></span>
  • Check IMEEM, too. A lot of people might have it there.<br><br>Wolf's Rain is just the most beautiful, extrodinarily well-made anime yet. The soundtrack is absolutely stunning. I first heard the song "Tell Me What the Rain Knows" in a Ginga Densetsu Weed AMV (another excellent anime!!) and I cried. It's just so heart touching, and they made the animation so fluid. . . I luffles how the drew the wolves.
    silverr.jpg
  • I prefer to buy my anime/rent it ^^ <br><br><br>I have yet to find an anime you can start watching halfway o.O Inuyasha maybe.. but other than that, everything Ive watched, I had to start from the beginning xD
  • <span style="font-size:75"><span style="color:blue">lol I've also heard sooooo much about Fruits Basket but I've never read/seen it... :lol: </span></span>
  • Yeah, Ive heard a lot about Fruits Basket too. I almost bought the first Manga, but then I changed my mind and started on Vampire Knight instead xD<br><br>I love Vampire Knight though =D
  • *high fives*<br><br>XD<br><br>I have the WR soundtrack and it has that song on it- very beautiful! And some of the instrumental tracks are stunning. Yoko Kanno is an amazing composer/artist! <br><br>At the moment I'm watching some old school anime, Tenchi Muyo! and then I think I'll try and grab a copy of cowboy bebop or something- I missed it the first time round @_@<;br><br>As for Fruits Basket I have a little Kyo kitty on my bed! Cutest little frowny cat ever! He's my favourite character, its very hard not to fall in love with such a tragic character! ^.^
  • I've read a pathetic amount of manga. xD<br><br>I liked the Fruits Basket series up until book 12. Got too emo-dramatic after that for me.<br><br>Other than that, just what's on my shelf:<br><br>ChronoCrusade<br>Claymore<br>Full Metal Panic*<br>Her Majesty's Dog<br>Hikkatsu! Strike A Blow To Vivify<br>Inubaka* (most people on VP would like this I think. =p)<br>RE:Play* (I have the artist watched on dA. She's amazing. xD And really nice.)<br>Rurouni Kenshin*<br>Samurai Deeper Kyo<br>Threads of Time<br>Tuxedo Gin<br>Wish<br>Wolfs Rain<br><br>Anime wise I have Prince of Tennis, Risky-Safety (REALLY hard to find. xD), Samurai Deeper Kyo, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzuma, and Excel Saga.<br><br>And as for some manga I'm -read- and liked<br><br>.hack//Legend of Twilight, 3x3 Eyes, A.I. Love You, Absolute Boyfriend*, Alice 19th, Angelic Layer, Azumanga Daioh, Backstage Prince, Baron: The Cat Returns, Battle Royale**, Beck, Black Cat, Bow Wow Wata, Cardcaptor Sakura, Case Closed, Chobits*, Clamp School Detectives, Comic Party, D.N.Angel, Death Note*, Desert Coral, Di Gi Charat, Dream Saga, Eerie Queerie!, Gacha Gacha, Genshiken, Girl Got Game*, Gravitation*, Great Teacher Onizuka*, Guru Guru Pon-chan, Hayate the Combat Butler, He Is My Master*, Hikaru no Go, Hot Gimmick, Hyper Police, Imadoki!*, Instant Teen: Just Add Nuts, Initial D*, I, Otaku: Struggling in Akihabara, Kagetora, Kamikazi Kaito Jeanne, Kanpai!, Land of the Blindfolded*, Love Hina*, Mars, Nana, Negima! Magister Negi Magi, Never Give Up!, Othello, Ouran High School Host Club*, Paradise Kiss*, Petshop of Horrors*, Pita Ten, R.O.D. Read or Die, Ranma 1/2, Rave Master, Reborn!*, Saint Tail, Sgt. Frog*, Sugar Sugar Rune, Tokyo Mew Mew, Welcome To The NHK**, Yakitate!! Japan*, Yotsuba&!*<br><br>All the manga no one's heard of. Much less read. xD I read all the random manga I can find, any genre- there's something for everyone on that list.<br><br>*Wonderful, highly recommended<br>**Definitely warn about graphic scenes
    2eldxsm.png
  • That is probably the best post I've ever seen! Just what I needed to get the old creative juices flowing!<br><br>I'm on DA aswell and I stalk nyanko-chan! What a coincidence! Never read the manga tho @_@ I shall have to keep an eye out for it ^_^