Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem Child

edited February 2009 in Vent
I supposedly am a Problem Child.Ok well i'm not a child I'ma teen but still. Today I had my friend pierce my lip, I know it sounds ungy but actually its really cute. We were at school and we left class to go to the bathroom and i came back with meh lip pierced. My mom "Can't handle me" and i dont know what to do to help her. First my phone got taken away by the principal and now this, does anyone know what I can do to help her and keep my personality.

Comments

• Piercing your lip at school? Not really a smooth move at all. You should only have a professional do it. There are so many germs in school let alone the bathroom :/<br><br>I am not sure what else you did but you should follow what she tells you. Don't do things that will loose her trust. I have a great relationship with my mom and I don't know what to tell people...I just get along with her and tell her things. I only had few big fights with her and I gained her trust enough to stay home alone for 10 days and to get a credit card. Just be responsible. Like I said, I am not sure what else to say.
    8x32tt.png
  • tarnish wrote:
    Piercing your lip at school? Not really a smooth move at all. You should only have a professional do it. There are so many germs in school let alone the bathroom :/<br><br>I am not sure what else you did but you should follow what she tells you. Don't do things that will loose her trust. I have a great relationship with my mom and I don't know what to tell people...I just get along with her and tell her things. I only had few big fights with her and I gained her trust enough to stay home alone for 10 days and to get a credit card. Just be responsible. Like I said, I am not sure what else to say.
    <br><br>Lol my best friends brother is a pro piercer and he teaches her how to do everything lol, she always has some Alcohal Wipes so yeah she cleaned it first, but it still hurt :( .... thanks for the advice from now on i think i'll give it a try :D
  • O.O<br>If you can't handle your mom getting mad, don't peirce your lip at school. Did you think she'd handle it any other way? Like tarn, my mom and I are very close. I try hard and listen to her.(straight A geek student here. o_o) I get more in return. There isn't anything I can say to 'help' your personality. This isn't your personality. This is your behavior. I also can't say anything to help your mom. She has the right to get mad. If you want to gain her respect, try harder. If it isn't worth that much to you, keep getting into trouble. I do not mean to be so straight up and rude, but, you wanted advice and this is mine. I'm sorry your life is like this right now. Is there something that makes you do these things?
    Sweatshirts - the best way of showing school spirit without getting off the couch
  • lol thanks Pepper, but my actions contribute to my personality..... I think i may take it out, let it close up, and then work on my behaviors lol thanks again
  • Put -she- isn't the pro piercer. Her brother shouldn't be teaching her anything. Why wouldn't you ask your mom or at least have him do it? I really don't get kids that pierce things themselves. They don't always turn out so well. I bet if I went downstairs now to ask my mom if I could get another piercing she would let me. I don't do anything that is bad. You can still keep your personality and follow what your mom and the school wants you to do. Age may also play a part. I don't know your age, and don't tell me, but it seems to affect things. A certain age I was bad and wasn't nice to my mom and caused problems at school. My little sister is now going through that.
    8x32tt.png
  • 2nd what everybody else has said. Your mother is angry because you not only didn't ask her for permission, but you also put yourself in a dangerous situation. Plenty of things can go wrong in piercings.<br><br>You should also remember that relationships are mutual. If you aren't willing to put the effort into it, you aren't going to get anything out of it. You have to be willing to change. Giving your mom some respect will not alter anything about your personality.
  • I'll take all of your advice, i just need my moms respect again, :wink:
  • I hope your relationship with your mom gets better =]
  • If you want your mom's respect, then stop getting in trouble. Don't get your phone taken away, don't pierce things without permission, etc. Get good grades, don't fight her when she asks you to do stuff, etc. <br><br>Trust me, it'll work better.<br><br>And as for "keeping your personality", if your personality is always getting you in trouble and losing your mom's trust, maybe you should change it and find new friends that don't contribute to your trouble making.
    2dbtohy.png
  • i couldnt get rid of my bestie, she was reluctant to do it but i made her, shes not a bad kid lol thanks for all the advice guys :D
  • I'm always getting in trouble ^_^ <br>But do what Jazz said. My parents really don't keep a good eye on me. Just as long as I tell them where I'm going and check in periodically. I just got my curfew extended to about eight on school nights. <br><br>But yeah.... Don't pierce things without permission... I kinda let a friend gauge my ears... to a twelve (not that big) and got chewed out for it.<br><br>So be careful what you do.
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.
  • I'm always getting in trouble ^_^ <br>But do what Jazz said. My parents really don't keep a good eye on me. Just as long as I tell them where I'm going and check in periodically. I just got my curfew extended to about eight on school nights. <br><br>But yeah.... Don't pierce things without permission... I kinda let a friend gauge my ears... to a twelve (not that big) and got chewed out for it.<br><br>So be careful what you do.
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.
    <br><br>lol whew i feel better knowing i wasnt the only person letting friends do things lol thanks for the advice
  • katie2794 wrote:
    I'm always getting in trouble ^_^ <br>But do what Jazz said. My parents really don't keep a good eye on me. Just as long as I tell them where I'm going and check in periodically. I just got my curfew extended to about eight on school nights. <br><br>But yeah.... Don't pierce things without permission... I kinda let a friend gauge my ears... to a twelve (not that big) and got chewed out for it.<br><br>So be careful what you do.
    <br><br>lol whew i feel better knowing i wasnt the only person letting friends do things lol thanks for the advice
    <br><br>Hahaha I want to get my lip pierced. So badly :o
    Semper Fi.
  • It hurts somewhat but not much a little worst than a bee sting thats it, idk about proffessionally though
  • katie2794 wrote:
    It hurts somewhat but not much a little worst than a bee sting thats it, idk about proffessionally though
    <br><br>Hahaha I'd need to either do it when I'm 18 or get someone to sign for me professionally xP
    Semper Fi.
  • lol I've actually have been wanting a tattoo, a red and black staron my right hip bone, but no one will sign for it for me, but I guess i'll have to wait :\
  • be careful with young tattoos! When you're 20, you might think a little fairy on your shoulder is cute, then when you're 40 and want to wear a thin strap top, you can't because of the fairy.
    Want a 2 OAK gifty? Go here:http://virtualpups.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=66766&highlight=

COLOR IS SERENE PINK WITH WHITE WISPS AND ANGELIC WINGS!
  • My policy on tattoos is, wait at least a year before you get it done. If you still want it after a year, get it. Gives you time to save up anyway lol.<br><br>Your life will be a lot easier if you bite the bullet and play by their rules. It's only until you turn 18 anyway, right?
    seaoats_insanityban.png
  • I second what every body else has said about it being a bad idea to let somebody pierce your lip in school. You're mom had every right to get angry about it. Obviously you are under 18 so what your friend did was not only stupid it was illegal. If I were your parent I would file charges against her. Her brother might be a pro piercer but obviously he has no ethics.
    taras.jpgninatails.gif
    Tara.png
  • Alright, I think everyone's already cut to the chase and already said this, but... I'm here to elaborate. ;D<br><br>Piercing: That's probably made a huge difference in your daughter/mother relationship. To help a relationship, you abide by each other's rules and have respect. Doing something like that makes matters much worse.<br><br>Phone taken away: I've seen it done to the kids at my school.. but not me, I don't even have a cellphone. But anyways, the reason they get taken away is because of in-class texting/calls. The main rule to pretty much EVERY school is not to take any electronics to class! If you abided by that rule and still got it taken away, it was probably for something else that was strictly against the rules...<br><br>Many students get pissed off and storm out of the classroom for having their phone taken away. Frankly, if it's your fault, how can you be mad? You got yourself into trouble.<br><br>I have a great relationship with my mom whether we don't see life's outlook the same or not. I'm a little more snotty with people that piss me off (trust me, even if she's not snotty in the same way as me, I got it from her xD) wheras she... tries... to play the game fair... But... anyhow... I tell her a lot about myself and what's going on so she trusts me and I can trust her. It's easy to have a good relationship with parents if you have respect and try to see the way they're seeing things. It's all called 'your part/responsibility of the 'ship'.