Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

old post, please stop posting in it.

Comments

• A feeshy named after me :wink:
    Ven.png
  • They are so pretty! You make me miss my fishies. xDD;<br><br>I'm thinking of getting a Betta to put in my 1 gallon tank. Do you think that'll be an okay size? x3 I have this nice 5 gallon tank but it cracked D;
    Please PM if I win.
    2009_04_27Banner1Heartbeat1.png
    Boz's Art Dump
  • Jackson was my first Betta. I had him in a 1 gallon for about two months before I got a 5 gallon. He did well in there just make sure you add only one plant. Bettas are surface breathers and they need swimming room. My new boy is currently in a 1 gallon bowl. <br><br>Some people think that that is too small. But it is a huge improvement over the tiny cups they are sold in.
  • wow.<br>you have lovely bettas :D<br>are they all from the pet/fish store?<br>I could never find any CT females at my fish store. I would have had to ship. There was never any problems with males. Just finding any rarish females.<br>You are lucky. Very pretty fish. If you do manage to spawn do let me know :)
    topleaf-1.pngleafyegg.gif<-Lenny *hugs lolo*
  • Oh, and on many sites, they say 2.5 gallons is the minimum tank size for a happy betta. A one gallon would be fine for yours though.
    topleaf-1.pngleafyegg.gif<-Lenny *hugs lolo*
  • I love the first orange one xD
    ccf3ec1cafcdf67c83857705ffcc4d77-d5ztjco.gif
  • ~Topleaf~ wrote:
    wow.<br>you have lovely bettas :D<br>are they all from the pet/fish store?<br>I could never find any CT females at my fish store. I would have had to ship. There was never any problems with males. Just finding any rarish females.<br>You are lucky. Very pretty fish. If you do manage to spawn do let me know :)
    <br><br>I've gotten them all at different Petsmarts. I'm on a Betta forum and they say that Petco has the best Bettas. I went there yesterday and I wasn't pleased with their stock. They have many Deltas, Halfmoons, Crowns, Veils, and Plakets in males. They only had Crowns and Veils in females. <br><br>But yeah, I was shocked to find both of my CT females at a Petsmart that doesn't usually have females. I just had to have them! <br><br>I have a 10 gallon on its way that I'll be dividing for two males. I also need a spawning tank before I can breed them. I can't wait though!!<br><br>I would LOVE to import some fish from Thailand though. Aquabid.com has some really nice fish!
  • They're adorable! <br>XD<br>You said you need names?<br>How about Apollo?
  • Thanks! I have named the three new ones. <br><br>The orange male is Sunfire or just Sunny. The crowntail female is Kya and the yellow cambodian is Soleil which is French for sun.
  • Hey, I was wondering how is it that you have so many Betta Fish, and none of them are fighting. I have 1 female, and 1 Crowntail Male Betta in a starter kit (small tank with divider) for Bettas. I have to keep them divided because the male wil chase the female around, and won't leave her alone---one time, he bit off a couple of her tail fins. I have had them for a year seperated, and whenever I try to put them together, it hasn't changed. Is it because of the small size tank that they're in? Because, it's amazing to see so many betta's in a tank like yours thats not fighting. <br><br>Any tips will be greatly appreciated on how they get along so well! Thanks. :)
    My dog in real life on the front page of a local magazine. :)
    2h3yia1.jpg
  • Well, unless it is spawning time, I wouldn't recommend keeping males and females together. <br><br>My sorority girls get along pretty well. If you want to keep a sorority tank, make sure you've got lots of hiding palces. The girls don't always get along. However, their aggression is a little more watered down than the males. NEVER keep two males together. <br><br>As mentioned above, the smallest recommend tank size for a Betta is 2.5 gallons. Those little Betta dividers aren't much better than the cups they are sold in. :( I would get a bigger tank/bowl for your pair.
  • We now officially have baby betta fry!<br><br>They are so cute! I'd get some pics up, but my camera sucks. They are so tiny!
  • We now officially have baby betta fry!<br><br>They are so cute! I'd get some pics up, but my camera sucks. They are so tiny!
    <br><br><span style="color:indigo"><span style="font-size:75">Yeesh, your <span style="font-style:italic">FIGHTING</span> fish breed and I get nothing from my fantailed goldfish? Lol. I don't know much about fish at all, but my goldfish sure haven't had any babies >.> Lmao.</span></span>
  • edited October 2010 72.4.87.63
    sorry no more pics
  • I really like Soleil . And the babies are so cute
    KENDALLDREAMY.png
  • Thanks! <br><br>I've decided to call the new girl Maizey... I just don't know how I want to spell it. There are so many different ways. <br><br>Mazie<br>Maizey<br>Maisy<br>Maizie<br>Mayzie<br>Mayzhee<br>Mayzee<br><br>Humm... what is your favorite spelling?
  • Oh Oh I love the way you did this one!<br>Mayzhee<br>xD
    skizzy.png
  • I fail at raising fish babies. Anyone that can is amazing. xDD<br><br>Can't wait to see their colors! :D
    Please PM if I win.
    2009_04_27Banner1Heartbeat1.png
    Boz's Art Dump
  • Genetically, they should all be red or orange. Mostly all red because of the extended red alleles. What a bummer... I was hoping for a yellow cambodian male.
  • I used to breed the show type guppies xD They reproduce like crazy :o<br><br>I sold all my fish and got a 25 cent feeder goldfish from the store, he has actually lasted a long time xD
    15yt81z.jpg
  • I used to have fish. Then my cat ate them : (
    Accidentally deleted my signature :/ Whoops :0
    168zzx3.jpg
  • Alot of talk about these betas. They are very nice, you probably blinded them. Oh well!Very nice though. I have 2 gold fish,and one beta.
  • This is an old post no need to bring it back up.
    k1b98z.jpg
  • Agreed. I don't even have most of these fish anymore.
  • I have a blue betta his name is Nemo
    s6j134.jpg. I run a rescue kennel and am a huge fan of Harry Potter, Twilight and the Jonas Brothers
  • once again this post is <span style="text-decoration:underline"><span style="font-weight:bold">OLD</span></span> no need to bring it up again.
    k1b98z.jpg