Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

February Newsletter is Out

edited February 2009 in General Discussion
"One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him." - Chinese Proverb

Comments

• Can I have some more information about the Writing Contest, please? =]
  • DustyVinci wrote:
    Can I have some more information about the Writing Contest, please? =]
    <br><br>What would you like to know?
  • It says "No Rough Drafts Accepted".. what's that mean? It should be neat or...? And we can write about whatever we want? Is it just for fun or is the winning story going to be posted somewhere? xD<br>And what exactly are Game Credits?
  • DustyVinci wrote:
    <br>And what exactly are Game Credits?
    <br><br>I can answer this one. xD Game credits are basically money you have to spend on the game but it's free. Think of a store credit. If you won the $5 credit..there really isn't anything you can buy..but if you wanted to buy a dye..it would be $2 instead of $7 because you are using the $5 credit towards the dye. ;D Hope that helped.<br><br>
    DustyVinci wrote:
    It says "No Rough Drafts Accepted".. what's that mean? It should be neat or...?
    <br><br>I think by rough draft it means you had your writing edited so there are no mistakes and everything is how it would be if you were turning in a final paper at school. Spelling, grammar, punctuation, ect. would all be checked. They don't want messy chat speak stories where you can see the places you need to fix and such. If that makes sense. xD
    8x32tt.png
  • tarnish wrote:
    DustyVinci wrote:
    <br>And what exactly are Game Credits?
    <br><br>I can answer this one. xD Game credits are basically money you have to spend on the game but it's free. Think of a store credit. If you won the $5 credit..there really isn't anything you can buy..but if you wanted to buy a dye..it would be $2 instead of $7 because you are using the $5 credit towards the dye. ;D Hope that helped.<br><br>
    DustyVinci wrote:
    It says "No Rough Drafts Accepted".. what's that mean? It should be neat or...?
    <br><br>I think by rough draft it means you had your writing edited so there are no mistakes and everything is how it would be if you were turning in a final paper at school. Spelling, grammar, punctuation, ect. would all be checked. They don't want messy chat speak stories where you can see the places you need to fix and such. If that makes sense. xD
    <br><br>Right
  • It can be about anything? Or something in particular??
    Sweatshirts - the best way of showing school spirit without getting off the couch
  • Pepper97 wrote:
    It can be about anything? Or something in particular??
    <br><br>Anything
  • Oh. Ok, creative story. That'll be fun. I'll be entering definately. Should be done pretty soon.
    Sweatshirts - the best way of showing school spirit without getting off the couch
  • edited February 2009 76.20.202.173
    Do these stories have to be about nice little chipmunks or can they be about secret wars? W/o goryness and such. I'll stick to vp rules for posting. I was just wondering...
  • Is there supposed to be a theme for the contest or is it any type of creative writing?
  • Pepper97 wrote:
    It can be about anything? Or something in particular??
    <br><br>Anything
  • -_-<br>*Must have conclusion*<br>Pfft.<br>I can't do a story that short with a conclusion xD<br>Hehe.<br><br>*edit*<br>Oh, well. Turns out the story I was going to turn in would've been 9,481 words anyhow. LOL.
  • How do you tell how many words??
  • Pepper97 wrote:
    How do you tell how many words??
    <br><br>Count them..<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>Actually I think word will keep track for you at the bottom. xD
    8x32tt.png
  • It isn't. O.o
  • Really..? From my memory it is in the bottom left. I don't wanna pull it up since its slow. I have microsoft word 2007. Huh weird..you could count though if you were really bored..xDD
    8x32tt.png
  • If you are using Microsoft word it will count it in the bottom left OR<br><br>you can highlight everything and go into view or something, and it should be in there somewhere.. but I have the new version of word and I have no clue how to get to that xD
    All good things must come to an end. All endings will begin new good things.
    mini_nickel_vere_roan_quin_by_evlonarts_d6ih13_by_jaded_night-d775ero.png
  • Worked! Yay. I am up to 750.
  • Haha. Did everyone think I COUNTED all of that?<br>You all must them I am a freak or something.<br>I'd leave it if I ever had to count it xD<br>I'd be like, "Screw this, I don't care!"<br><br>LOL!
  • I'm done! I'll send the e-mail after revising.
  • -_-<br>*Must have conclusion*<br>Pfft.<br>I can't do a story that short with a conclusion xD<br>Hehe.<br><br>*edit*<br>Oh, well. Turns out the story I was going to turn in would've been 9,481 words anyhow. LOL.
    <br><br><br>o.o for my English class we had to do a 250 word story xD So, you can imagine how difficult that would be :lol:
    All good things must come to an end. All endings will begin new good things.
    mini_nickel_vere_roan_quin_by_evlonarts_d6ih13_by_jaded_night-d775ero.png
  • Haha. Did everyone think I COUNTED all of that?<br>You all must them I am a freak or something.<br>I'd leave it if I ever had to count it xD<br>I'd be like, "Screw this, I don't care!"<br><br>LOL!
    <br><br>Lol, nice xD<br><br>And okay... Imma try and get a story in =]
  • So proud of my entry. My mo read it and she says I need to look into publishing it. O.o Kay then....
  • Pepper97 wrote:
    So proud of my entry. My mo read it and she says I need to look into publishing it. O.o Kay then....
    <br><br>Lol, that's a good thing! =P *thwacks*<br><br>And another question I don't think got answered: This is just for fun, correct? So the winning story or whatever won't be published anywhere, right? We still own all copyright on it after entering?... xD<br>>>is protective of her stories<< =P<br>xD
  • The story thing sounds fun, I'll try and get something in :P<br><br>Does it have to have a title? And it can be about anything?<br><br>Does it have to be our own original idea? Like, not stealing work. :shock: But like a fanfic for something? Could we do that?<br><br>Counting words:<br><br>Open Microsoft Word.<br>Click View.<br>Click Toolbars.<br>Click "Word Count".<br><br>Tada! xDD
    2dbtohy.png
  • DustyVinci wrote:
    Pepper97 wrote:
    So proud of my entry. My mo read it and she says I need to look into publishing it. O.o Kay then....
    <br><br>Lol, that's a good thing! =P *thwacks*<br><br>And another question I don't think got answered: This is just for fun, correct? So the winning story or whatever won't be published anywhere, right? We still own all copyright on it after entering?... xD<br>>>is protective of her stories<< =P<br>xD
    <br><br>I will ask the winner if they wish for it to be in the news letter. If they don't, we'll do a story review on it so the public know what it was about.
  • *hurls self over story* not letting anyone other than judges see. My mom is gonna possibly talk to a publisher after revising.
  • I'll try to get something in. xD
  • Eh, I don't think I'll be able to enter anymore =[ I have allot of things set up to do and I don't know if I can fit another story in x_x sorry, seeing as I asked all the questions *headdesk*
  • Just sent. :D