Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What music share site do you use?

Okay well buffy needs a free music sharing site, but i have heard that limewire has alot of viruses. i have tried Bearshare, but it never seems to have what i am looking for and then it wouldnt even open right on my computer. so i uninstalled it.<br>So any suggestions of what you use?<br><br>Thanks<br>Buffy :wink:
Ven.png

Comments

• Bearshare is illegal to use :? <br><br>I get my music from Yahoo Jukebox, but you pay $70 per year.. that way it's legal. But, it still costs money. Just less than iTunes. <br><br>Of course, I have this program called Replay Music or something like that, and I bought it and it records things and transfers them to itunes... so I get everything I want basically free.
    2dbtohy.png
  • Limewire is illegal as well. 99 cents isnt that much money to just buy songs. You can find them cheaper at other places besides Itunes as well though. I buy all my music as CDs though... I rarely download songs, so..the 99 cents for a song is hardly anything for me. :wink:
    All good things must come to an end. All endings will begin new good things.
    mini_nickel_vere_roan_quin_by_evlonarts_d6ih13_by_jaded_night-d775ero.png
  • I use to use Limewire. I just quit b/c of spam and stuff.<br><br>I don't see how these places are illegal. Should I have to pay the company again if one of my friends gift me a CD? No. That's what file SHARING is about. :D <br><br>I suppose I'd complain as well if I only made 3 million dollars after selling 40 dollar concert tickets instead of the usual 6. God knows people can't live off a million. :\
  • This is a very interesting question because it points to a subtlety of copyright law and also highlights how the enabling software for illegal infringement of copyright can itself be neutral, that is, used for either good or bad purposes.<br><br>In a nutshell, Limewire and similar "peer to peer" or p2p file sharing tools (BitTorrent is another popular tool) are perfectly legal and there's no prohibition on distributing the applications or having them on your computer.<br><br>However, just as having a magnet that could influence the wheels in a slot machine could sway you to using it illegally, so having software like Limewire can influence and encourage you to receive downloads of audio and video content that is indeed illegally distributed.
    <br><br>Wait..wait..am I just tired or does that say that we can have Limewire on our computers but we can't download songs and things? What's it's purpose?<br><br><a href="http://www.askdavetaylor.com/is_limewire_illegal.html"; target="_blank" class="bb-url">http://www.askdavetaylor.com/is_limewire_illegal.html</a>;
  • I might be wrong, I dont know where I heard it from/read it from, but I could have sworn I heard/read it was illegal. <br><br>I pay for all my music, because I respect the Artists I listen too, that...and I collect CDs, so, theres really no point in me downloading anyway.
  • I used limewire a couple times to get songs not on iTunes because they were Japanese. I removed limewire afterwards because I dont want viruses. I would never download it on the computer I have now. Its only 4 months old.
    8x32tt.png
  • I borrow CD's from my friends all the time actually xD<br><br>Itunes isn't that expensive though... the whole CD's are actually a whole lot cheaper than they are in stores.
    2dbtohy.png
  • I might be wrong, I dont know where I heard it from/read it from, but I could have sworn I heard/read it was illegal. <br><br>I pay for all my music, because I respect the Artists I listen too, that...and I collect CDs, so, theres really no point in me downloading anyway.
    <br><br>Erm, I think I'm going to take the safe road and do that instead. I don't want viruses on my computer. Where do you buy your songs from Nickel?
  • I use limewire, but I uninstall it as soon as I have all the songs I want that day, takes about 2mins for install/unstall, and that way people cant look in your pc and give you viruses ;D
    <br><br>Erm, I think I'm going to take the safe road and do that instead. I don't want viruses on my computer. Where do you buy your songs from Nickel?
    <br><br>Usually I buy the CDs from stores. I used to download from Wal-Mart, but all their songs are edited. I've used itunes once. But, overall, I just prefer CDs. Then I can use them in my stereo, put them on the computer& keep them so it looks like I have a lot of CDs XD I have a huge stack of them.<br><br>But, it is a lot cheaper to download the CD (I think 9.99 usually) than buy it from the store most of the time. You just dont get the CD&case if you want to collect them.
  • I use Limewire with no hitch. I have Norton Antivirus though, but it hasn't found anything.
    I offer cheap sponser training, and cheap sponser breeding!!!