Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Means To Separate Breeds In The Kennel (WeisseEdelweiss)

Instead of having to make a bunch of kennels, wouldn't it be easier to make drop down boxes for the different dogs of the same breed?<br>Novices could still only keep 20 dogs per kennel and sponsors as many as they want, however all the dogs of the same breed would be under one section.<br><br>It's a bit annoying to have to flip back 100 pages of dogs to find breeds that are mixed up. It's difficult to have patience in that situation.<br><br>My Example:<br><br><span style="font-weight:bold">Timber Wolf</span><br>
    Dog Name Sex Age For Sale<br> Dog Name Sex Age For Sale<br></ul><br><br>Only it's a dop down box.<br><br><br><br>UPDATE:<br><br>I think this will help novices and sponsors keep from making illegal kennels as well. <br><br>I don't have illegal kennels, but every new breed I want to get involved in has to have a new kennel because that's the only way to organize the anmals.

Comments

• Took me a second but i see! ahh i like the idea. :D
    Ven.png
  • That Would be nice~!!
    2yxkuxl.gif
  • I edited this. <br>I think this will help novices and sponsors keep from making illegal kennels as well. <br><br>I don't have illegal kennels, but every new breed I want to get involved in has to have a new kennel because that's the only way to organize the anmals.
  • This is a great idea :D
    2dbtohy.png
  • I agree.
    "I am carrying all my hatred and contempt for power, its laws, its authority, its society, and I have no room for guilt or fear of punishment."-Diego Rios
    Semper Fi.
  • <span style="color:blue"><span style="font-size:150">It'd be nice to have more dogs per page too. <br>Maybe 20 instead of 10. <br>'cause then if you had 100 dogs that would only be 5 pages instead of 10!</span></span>
    I'm not on much anymore, If I win anything PM me.... Thanks
  • Nikkiamii wrote:
    <span style="color:blue"><span style="font-size:150">It'd be nice to have more dogs per page too. <br>Maybe 20 instead of 10. <br>'cause then if you had 100 dogs that would only be 5 pages instead of 10!</span></span>
    <br><br>However if they're not organized some how all this does is add to the problem and I'd probably have to smash my head against the wall b/c I had to scroll down 100 feet worth of glittery pictures and myspace add ons and then finally 100 dogs that are unorganized.
  • Heh, not being able to sort dogs isn't what makes most novices create kennels. It's the limited breedings as well as low amount of start cash that causes most novices to keep making new kennels.
  • Heh, not being able to sort dogs isn't what makes most novices create kennels. It's the limited breedings as well as low amount of start cash that causes most novices to keep making new kennels.
    <br><br>Well, whatever, that's not a major point to the post. It's what I percieved to be the reason and if what you say is true than that's the reason apparently (assuming that you've seen it happening all too much).<br><br>I'm suggesting a better means of organization which I hoped is what would be debated here.
  • I agree with this, but I think it should be made optional, somehow. Cause some people have like 1 of a million different breeds, it'd have so many boxes XD It'd be unnecissary for some people, but a lot of people would benefit from this.
    Bye.
  • As much as I like the idea I believe this was suggested once before and one of the ops said that it was too difficult to put in or something
    Sleepingpuppy03.png
  • I agree with this, but I think it should be made optional, somehow. Cause some people have like 1 of a million different breeds, it'd have so many boxes XD It'd be unnecissary for some people, but a lot of people would benefit from this.
    <br><br>But there are always good things and bad things to an option as well, you're right. Thanks, Kite. ^^
  • As much as I like the idea I believe this was suggested once before and one of the ops said that it was too difficult to put in or something
    <br><br><br>Oh, I see. That's too bad. It was worth a try. :idea:
  • Wonderful Idea. I say if this can't be done atleast some organization to kennels. I have wanted this done forever and now I shall bug Nef really hard about it on the next VP update but anyway I want dogs organized by breed number and age. That way atleast all the same breeds of dogs will be together. I know its horrible to sit through and find what dog of a certain breed you want ecspecially if you are looking through hundreds of dogs. But I have now went off topic like really badly. So continue along with this idea. ^^
    skizzy.png
  • Thanks for the support! ^^
  • You can already sort them by breed. There are several choices to sort by now. They only made it for the 'My Kennel' page and not when you go to look at the public view. It was the answer to my repeated suggestion of being able to sort your dogs on your kennel. I'd wanted the sort to show on the public view pages but I guess half way was better than none at all.
    crban2.gif
  • For the user but not the public. :\<br>You're right about it being better than nothing, but it's still a bummer.
  • i agree on it.what about having it Alphabetically?or something like that xD